Hellvape MD RtA flooding problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
UPDATE!!!!....after I put something under the topfill gasket to raise it a bit I have no flooding problem and also I can vape it with tighter bottom airflow now it's much different I waited enough to make sure I I don't know if the top should be air sealed 100% but took it apart and test it with mouth and it was leaking air and after the "fix" it was almost totally sealed Soo it works and it's fine now....sooooooo from what other hellvape users say and the problems they have I am sure now it's just a problem with some of those tanks topfill gaskets....the slide topfill was tight before but the thing is that there is a small gap in all hellvape MDS and it's easily visible through video rewiews on youtube also but mine and I guess also many others have bigger gap...at least after 14days I can rest now and vape like a boss *thuglife hahahah that topfill slide mechanism seemed bad idea to me in my zlide tank also but it's convenient and people like that innokin did the gasket better but the slide became lose in first week in mine and it's wierd but ok with that atomizer i don't get flooding problems like with the md....other than that I like my hellvape md YAAAAAAAAAAY THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT TOOK TIME TO HELP OR EVEN COMMENT <3

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
For comparison, I have a dead rabbit rta and I can't make it leak. Very well designed. Top airflow, same as the dead rabbit rda. Very nice.

Sorry to hijack the conversation,flavor wise how does the dead rabbit rta perform?
Ive been using for a month or two the hellvape destiny rta (same company) and so far it has been impeccable,no leaking and good flavor.

cheers

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    UPDATE!!!!....after I put something under the topfill gasket to raise it a bit I have no flooding problem and also I can vape it with tighter bottom airflow now it's much different I waited enough to make sure I I don't know if the top should be air sealed 100% but took it apart and test it with mouth and it was leaking air and after the "fix" it was almost totally sealed Soo it works and it's fine now....sooooooo from what other hellvape users say and the problems they have I am sure now it's just a problem with some of those tanks topfill gaskets....the slide topfill was tight before but the thing is that there is a small gap in all hellvape MDS and it's easily visible through video rewiews on youtube also but mine and I guess also many others have bigger gap...at least after 14days I can rest now and vape like a boss *thuglife hahahah that topfill slide mechanism seemed bad idea to me in my zlide tank also but it's convenient and people like that innokin did the gasket better but the slide became lose in first week in mine and it's wierd but ok with that atomizer i don't get flooding problems like with the md....other than that I like my hellvape md YAAAAAAAAAAY THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT TOOK TIME TO HELP OR EVEN COMMENT <3

I agree that, although very convenient, the slide topfill design is inferior to the screw topfill design in that it is prone to wear out much faster because of the friction. And many (most?) tanks with the slide topfill do not include a spare gasket and the manufacturers do not even offer them for sale either directly or through retailers.

Taking this into consideration, slide topfill is a failure (IMO). Great in theory, very convenient, but not so practical IMHO.

I currently use an Eleaf Ello tank. It has a slide top fill. The slide was very stiff but within just a day or two became much loser. I'm waiting for it to fail completely any day now (meaning, not seal properly). I still like the tank, but the slide topfill design essentially makes it a semi-disposable tank.

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    @Superuser187, you can fix the seal easier on the Zlide than the MD. As the top can be completely dismantled.

And for fill methods for tanks, the Taifun GTR and Tripod are probably the best and easiest to use that I've seen so far.
    The hallvape md topfill can also be dissasebled that's how I fixed it...all good my next rta tho I will try to be without slide mechanism hahahah my zlide also became lose but with 70vg it doesn't get flooded much only if I puff like crazy and even them I open airflow for few Puffs and it goes back to normal :)

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    @Superuser187
    Great that you could fix this. Could you please explain how the disassembly of the MD topfill cap is done?
    Mine is working fine since March, but just in case...

When u slide the topfill open u can see on the top there is a little screw....it's an Allen or hex screw I don't know how u guys say it...this screw is there just to stop the top from slide all the way out...just unscrew it and then u can take is off...
    :rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread