HELP! 510 connector issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have a 220w mod but the 510 connector doesn't work. Does anybody know how to fix this and get back vaping? Thanks already to answers
What did you do to the Xcube?
How can a 510 connector "not work"?
Are the threads striped?
Does the whole assembly spin?
Is a tank stuck on the device?

Cheers
I

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
More info would be helpful. (see above post)

Is the battery device still under warranty?

Unless you are extremely handy and have a good knowledge of how to repair electronic parts, I don't recommend that you attempt to repair your mod yourself. Messing up the electrical connection for a mod that uses lithium ion batteries could short out the battery. Believe me, you don't want that to happen to you.

ecig-blown-up-990x669.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg
full
images

Count your losses and purchase a new mod.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
More info would be helpful. (see above post)

Is the battery device still under warranty?

Unless you are extremely handy and have a good knowledge of how to repair electronic parts, I don't recommend that you attempt to repair your mod yourself. Messing up the electrical connection for a mod that uses lithium ion batteries could short out the battery. Believe me, you don't want that to happen to you.

ecig-blown-up-990x669.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg
full
images

Count your losses and purchase a new mod.
Jesus man I hope that wasn’t you. That is a nightmare scenario there. OUCH

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

VeteranTrickster

Mar 28, 2018
What did you do to the Xcube?
How can a 510 connector "not work"?
Are the threads striped?
Does the whole assembly spin?
Is a tank stuck on the device?

Cheers
I
I don't mean the xcube, and yes,the tank is stuck ... hell, my friend tightened it ... hell so if anybody can tell me how to get the tank off I am more than happy. Anyone?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I don't mean the xcube, and yes,the tank is stuck ... hell, my friend tightened it ... hell so if anybody can tell me how to get the tank off I am more than happy. Anyone?
LOL... So now we have to guess which tank is stuck. :lol:
Maybe a picture of the problem would expedite a resolution.

For most "Stuck" toppers, a small rod/tool/screwdriver inserted into the AFC should provide the extra leverage needed.

Going forward: SNUG... Snug is as tight as it needs to be. Please chastise your "helpful" friend.

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, I don't know what tank you have, and how badly it is "stuck."

For me, sometimes (and you'd have to be cautious, as it is attached to the battery, a "stuck tank" although it's usually removed from the mod, for me) can be run under warm water which sometimes loosens any eliquid leaking or filling issues that can kind of "fuse" the mod shut. You could also try the freezer (similar situation) although not for long you don't want to (again) damage your mod etc. I would start by using rubber gloves and a rubber mat to see if you generate enough grip and friction to loosen it.

Inserting something into the airholes to use as leverage can sometimes work, but use caution, you don't want to damage anything. Many vape shops will sell ceramic tweezers that come with a "grip your tank" feature (it's just like what they use for stubborn lids, only more tank sized) that can also increase your leverage.

The most important thing is to attack it not too hard, and possibly in stages, as each attempt will probably loosen it some and don't get over frustrated as you go so you don't damage your gear.

If you post what your tank is someone may have their own personal method that tends to be successful with that tank, so probably worth doing (if you haven't already fixed it).

Posting your "solution" on the thread can help others, too, who may be running into a similar issue and may happen across your thread.

Good luck, (unless you already don't need it).

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: madstabber

VeteranTrickster

Mar 28, 2018
Yeah, I don't know what tank you have, and how badly it is "stuck."

For me, sometimes (and you'd have to be cautious, as it is attached to the battery, a "stuck tank" although it's usually removed from the mod, for me) can be run under warm water which sometimes loosens any eliquid leaking or filling issues that can kind of "fuse" the mod shut. You could also try the freezer (similar situation) although not for long you don't want to (again) damage your mod etc. I would start by using rubber gloves and a rubber mat to see if you generate enough grip and friction to loosen it.

Inserting something into the airholes to use as leverage can sometimes work, but use caution, you don't want to damage anything. Many vape shops will sell ceramic tweezers that come with a "grip your tank" feature (it's just like what they use for stubborn lids, only more tank sized) that can also increase your leverage.

The most important thing is to attack it not too hard, and possibly in stages, as each attempt will probably loosen it some and don't get over frustrated as you go so you don't damage your gear.

If you post what your tank is someone may have their own personal method that tends to be successful with that tank, so probably worth doing (if you haven't already fixed it).

Posting your "solution" on the thread can help others, too, who may be running into a similar issue and may happen across your thread.

Good luck, (unless you already don't need it).

Anna
Oh and sorry for everyone about confusiness, I said wrong, my 220w mod is all fine but I mean my another mod. It's a kangertech subox mini 50w. The subtank is so stuck I just cant get it off, I tried using rubberbands etc. Here is a picture about the vape.
1522733735237583951255.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread