Help a brother out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Train Mainframe

May 27, 2020
Hello everyone!

I have a smok al85 which i have owned for a good 2 years or so and ive been pretty happy with it. However i'd like to upgrade to a new mod kit- from research i have found 2 i like a lot- the vaporesso gen and luxe nano.

I need help choosing the right one- With a 220W mod, am i able to vape at 50- 60w with the appropriate coil without sacrificing flavour?

I like the nano, but i hear the battery is pretty bad, however it is cheaper than the Gen.

If anyone can help me out i'd very much appreciate it~
Thank you!

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Thank you!

I'm a very low wattage and 1ohm & above vaper. So I can't help you. But, I'm kind of surprised no one else who could be of help...has popped in here to answer your questions. Just hang in there though, and I'm sure at least several will be along sometime today.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Hello everyone!

I have a smok al85 which i have owned for a good 2 years or so and ive been pretty happy with it. However i'd like to upgrade to a new mod kit- from research i have found 2 i like a lot- the vaporesso gen and luxe nano.

I need help choosing the right one- With a 220W mod, am i able to vape at 50- 60w with the appropriate coil without sacrificing flavour?

I like the nano, but i hear the battery is pretty bad, however it is cheaper than the Gen.

Thank you!
Get the Vaporesso Gen, it is a fabulous mod. First it feels amazing with the grippy coating and it is also quite durable. Second the performance is excellent, you can run it in pulse mode, wattage mode, choose how hard it hits with three settings, it has smart TC, regular TC, you can pick your own TCR if you don’t like what they preset for the given metal coil, to be fair I’m not a big TC user but from my experience it works fine. The menu itself is setup nicely and once you learn it, it is very convenient and works nicely. Finally Vaporesso makes solid products and the mod itself seems plenty durable. I like it because it’s light, yet it is well made, and can take a beating and keep on trucking. Do yourself a favor and get the Gen. The luxe nano would make a good backup but overall I think the Gen is .....<dirty word referring to a woman’s chest.

Last edited:

Main Train Mainframe

May 27, 2020
Vaporesso NRG tank with .18ohm mesh coil is very nice to go with whatever you get. I vape mine at 50ish watts and get great flavor
the NRG tank takes GT coils yes? Sounds like a worthy investment, i just wanted to quickly ask what makes th NRG tank better than a SKRR-S? Thank you!

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
the NRG tank takes GT coils yes? Sounds like a worthy investment, i just wanted to quickly ask what makes th NRG tank better than a SKRR-S? Thank you!
No experience with the skrr-s but I like the nrg just because. Lol. The mesh coils seem to do very well for flavor and of course coil life with mesh is longer than wire coils. I change mine out every two weeks but could easily get 3 weeks out of them. Like I said, too, I vape these at 50ish watts. Nothing too crazy but still get a decent cloud and flavor is great. I have a fireluke 2 as well and it performs very comparably to the NRG. Might even want to consider that for a topper. Once I started using mesh, I wont use wire coils, except on my rebuildables.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

There's also the Vaporesso Revenger X mod. If you get the kit it comes with an NRG tank. It's a dual 18650 battery mod with a touch screen. All controls are touch screen except for fire button. You can usually find the kit for under $30. Here's a link to the FT listing to get some specs & info. It's too expensive there, though.

I don't know the difference between the NRG and the SKRR-S tanks if you use the same coils on them, but I do know they both fit the Ijoy Exo-S/XS-1 RBA if you want to turn them into restricted DL single coil RTAs, which is nice if that suits your vaping style and you like to rebuild as it can save your a crap-ton of money.

I don't own a Gen mod, but a lot of people love it. One complaint I have heard many times is the press-fit 510 can get loose sometimes, which is a downer.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Looking at pics of the SKRR-S tank and my NRG tank, looks like the only difference (besides the top fill mechanism) is that the SKRR-S tank has a smaller airflow when fully open. Could be as much as 33% smaller than the NRG when fully open. If what I'm seeing is right, it's possible the NRG will allow for for a more unrestricted draw when fully open. Jut a guess.

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I don't have the gen but I'm kicking myself in the .... for not picking it up when I saw it on sale. Honestly vaporesso is pretty solid they are a good company in my opinion and their coils are some of the best on the market as far as longevity, quality, and flavor. I think that's a solid choice. Just because a mod is capable of going up to 220 doesn't mean that you should or that you need to. Just that you can. Even the recommendations on the coil I find to often be way too high. Right now I'm using coil that's recommended for between 60 and 120 watts at 38 and its kicking flavor. You find whatever wattage works for you though you don't want to go too much over the recommended wattage as it will burn up your coil quicker. But whatever tastes best to you is where you should vape and you don't have to go with their recommendation

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Thank you for everyone's help!
    I have purchased the Purple Gen kit with the batteries and 3pk mesh coils.
    I'm very happy and cannot wait for my new mod kit to arrive
    I am not sure if anyone else mentioned it but because the vaporesso gen is an external battery mod you're going to want to get a battery charger. There are ones that only hold two batteries but it's always nice to have one that holds more and the price difference isn't usually huge. For the future you may want to buy one that also holds larger batteries because you may eventually want to move into something with larger batteries and it's nice to have the capability. While you're mod will have the ability to charge while in the bod it's not the best idea that really should be used for updates and maybe in occasional charge if you find yourself somewhere without batteries other than the ones in the device. The first thing that's going to go out on most mods is going to be that charging port. Also it tends to charge the batteries on evenly and can ruin the lifespan of the battery. It's just all-around better to have an external charger if you don't have one already. I'm sorry I haven't read through all the comments this may have already been covered for all I know you could have 20 external battery charger sitting around you at this very moment

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Thank you for everyone's help!
    I have purchased the Purple Gen kit with the batteries and 3pk mesh coils.
    I'm very happy and cannot wait for my new mod kit to arrive
    If you only bought 2 batteries for it, I suggest you buy a second pair right away. I'd strongly recommend getting a pair of Molicel P26A (2600 mah, 25A) from a trusted seller, they won't let you down ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread