help and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomname79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
bolton ontario
So i've tried to quit a number of times with little to no sucess, i figure vaping is my last best option. I've been scouring the forums here learning everything i can because i'm the type of person that believes in being prepared for anything lol. So i bought my kits, got some juice and i discovered i really like vaping, problem is that i love to smoke analogs too and while my analog intake has cut back exponentially i haven't totally stopped yet. There's a little panic switch in my brain that goes off whenever i think about making a full switch over. Is this normal? Have some of you slowly weened yourselves off? With me it's more of the habit thing than the addiction that's causing the problem, i'm a very habitual person. Starting to wonder if i'm an odd case or if others have experienced this as well and what you did to beat it.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
The way I did it was I didn't TRY to quit at all. I kept the analogs around and smoked one when I wanted to. After a while, I didn't want to. Don't stress over it, just keep vaping. :) One day you'll realize you haven't had an analog in a while and don't care. And even if you DO have one once in a while that can be OK too.

bananas

Apr 1, 2013
Michigan, USA
I can relate. I wish I was one of those folks who picked up vaping and never went back. I've only been vaping for about 9 days. Day one I had 5 regular cigs. The last 6 days I have had 2 or 2.5 cigs each day. I haven't 'tried' very hard yet so I'm not giving myself a hard time, but when I think ahead to maybe picking a day to completely stop with the analogs I get that panic switch going off too!

So, for what it's worth, you are not alone. But I figure for now, I am reducing my smoking by almost 90% and I have to just give myself props for that and keep with it.

I don't want to get into the trap where I think I'm not doing good enough or I am 'failing' to quit. I hope you don't get stuck in that trap either!

I've seen it over and over here, and I will repeat it because it has helped me - focus on the number of cigarettes you are *not* smoking, rather than the number you *are* smoking. It's easier to see all the progress we are making this way, instead of beating ourselves up for not fully quitting yet.

Good luck!

Rickg

Aug 17, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
At first I was trying disposables and still occasionally buying a pack or grabbing an analogue from a friend when the battery on the disposable ran out. Then I bought my eGo kit and some 32ml liquid, and I haven't had a craving for an analogue since. I have had a few analogues, but I didn't really enjoy them. I think it is fine to wean yourself off. Every analogue you don't smoke is an accomplishment! Take your time, and you'll get there.

trav901

Aug 24, 2013
Indiana USA
I started vaping 3 days after being on the nicotine patch. I was feeling too anxious on the patch so I tried a couple disposable ecigs and felt a lot better. So I was out of the analog habit (only 3 days, but didn't want to go back) before I went on ecigs. It's been 11 days since I've had an analog and have had no desire for them.

I'd say let yourself run out of analogs and don't replace them except with vaping. It's much more enjoyable than smoking, so you may not miss them. I'm at the point now where I want to cut back nicotine to low or zero nic. That may come later for you, or not, but getting off analogs will make you feel great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread