Help! Can't figure out burn't taste -- Halo Titan Tank, Voodoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesla30

Oct 24, 2013
denver, co
Hey guys, so i have been vaping for a while and recently upgraded to the Halo Titan Tank system... I got my beginner kit and everything was great -- awesome vaping for several days. After a week or so of vaping, I started getting the burn't taste... granted this is before I realized I needed to keep the tank pretty full, not let it run too empty, change wicks regularly, etc. I realize this now.

Anyways, after I ran out of juice and coils on my original order, on my second order I upgraded to 3.0-3.2 ohm wicks (read it would solve burn problem), and downgraded to 0.6 nicotine level (was using .12 to begin -- I just downgraded to see if the lower level would work just as well for me).

I am having all sorts of trouble with this combination -- constantly getting burn't taste. The lower wick in the coil seems to burn immediately. I have tried several different coils and same result every time. Tried letting it soak for several hours, different levels on how full i fill the tank, and still getting burn taste!!!

What am I doing wrong!! Is this ohm just a bad match for the voodoo flavor? Do lower nicotine level juices burn easier?

I have placed another order of 2.2-2.4, and 2.6-2.8 coils, as well as another order of the .12 nicotine voodoo to see if any of these combos work better, but hoping you guys might know what the issue is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I am frustrated wasting money when its not working correctly.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
i find the coil tanks (bottom and top coil) lack decent air flow and if you screw the tank down tight to the battery you get a really tight draw / no air flow. this will cause a burnt juice flavor. so i recommend screwing the tank on the battery slowly, until you feel a tiny bit of tension. the tank will wobble a bit on the battery but at least its putting out decent vapor.

Jamesla30

Oct 24, 2013
denver, co
It seems like im getting both rubber/plastic and burn't juice depending on the hit -- probably more rubber/plastic most of the time. All I know is it never tastes like it used to with the standard coils and .12 juice I got to begin with. That combo was awesome most of the time. I am hoping if I go back to that combo and keep the tank full I will be satisfied. Just curious why I am having so many problems with the new setup. Everything seems to say the higher ohm will help with the burn't taste. Although I think I went too high -- no throat hit with the high ohm, and mostly nasty taste. Everytime I give up and inspect the wicks they are normally burn't a bit -- and it's always the bottom wick -- top always seems to be clean.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
it could be the new juice. the biggest issue i see with any of the replaceable coils is that the resistance (ohms) is rarely correct. its the reason i just rebuild my own coils. i have ordered 1.8 ohm coils and could see that they laser engraved 1.8 on them but all of them would be like 2.5 ohms... if you got a DVOM or a mod that will read ohms its easy enough to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread