The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help - can't unscrew Mini Goblin

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Vwls, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vwls

Vwls Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    AZ
    Anyone know the secret? Brand new... was all excited for my first build in it. But I can get it to unscrew - I'm cutting my fingers on the sharp base trying to turn anything - the base, the glass, the top... but nothing moves. :(

2. mr.fabe

mr.fabe Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2014
    Southern Cal
    Get some rubber / latex / dishwashing gloves and use it to twist the top cap and base counter-clockwise (to the left). Don't put any pressure on the glass tank portion and that should do it easily for you.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Vwls

Jun 22, 2013
    AZ
    OK got it. Had to hold the base in thick cloth to keep the sharp ridges on the bottom from cutting into my skin. (Don't care for the finish on those.) Altogether it's a nice little tank for $20 - at a price like that, I feel silly complaining about anything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BagrX2

BagrX2 Senior Member Verified Member

Jul 7, 2015
    What I have been doing to get it apart is screw it on my mod most of the way down and put my thumb nail against the metal where the air comes in to keep it still. That method has been working for me, but I do have fairly durable thumb nails so it might not work for everyone.

5. Riku

Riku Full Member Verified Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Chicago
    just pop it in the freezer for a few minutes. works like a champ for me when my attys get stuck to my mods. just be careful for the glass of course.

• Like Like x 1
  6. proteckt3d

proteckt3d Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Denmark
    Complaints are always welcome. Price shouldn't excuse it from criticism :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. kakamal

kakamal Full Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Kuala Lumpur
    I still failed to open mine... tried all the methods above :(

8. Vwls

Jun 22, 2013
    AZ
    With a thick towel in between me and the metal, I was able to get the Mini Goblin open without cutting myself on the sharp edges along the bottom... yikes. Definite design flaw.

But the real issue is it leaks like a sieve out of the fill hole. :( Too bad because it's cute and a good size for me aesthetically.

I guess for $20, that's what you get.

Anyone find a way to stop the leaking?

9. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Did you lose the itty bitty o ring off the fill screw? There's an extra in the spares bag if its lost or torn.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vwls

Jun 22, 2013
    AZ
    No didn't lose it... Used one oring and later even two in attempt to stop the leakage. But to no avail. Did I just get a bad one?

11. Vchick

Vchick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    NE Ohio
    No, there is a slight learning curve on the wicking and how to position it. I found to much or to little and it does leak. I leave the wicks long pulling them up and then put the ring over it. Trim the wicks slightly above the ring, then poke them down with a paperclip alongside the coil and down into the wells. Has really helped and the only thing I have is the normal condensation. hth!

Grimm did a nice tut;

• Like Like x 1
  12. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Maybe the screw threads are bad? Could try changing the screw itself. My Lemo one just started leaking at 13 months. I changed it, and its fine now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. narrdarr

narrdarr Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2014
    fema region 9
    i watch the guys at a local vape shop try to to take it apart with pliers. couldn't do it. i walked up... took out the juice fill screw and took it apart with my hands.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Vwls

Jun 22, 2013
    AZ
    Interesting. I'll look to see if there's another screw with the original kit.

This is good information - thank you. I'll give it another try with this wicking method.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.