Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Alright... I've dealt with this one before - not with a CoolFire 4, but with an eVic VT. It's quite likely that the wall wart you're using is simply too underpowered. I've seen some people bring Wall Warts with an output of around 280 mA. At that level, the device isn't even getting enough juice to power the display to tell you it's not charging.

Run down to WalMart or a local convenience store and snag a wall wart designed for an older iPhone or Samsung phone. It should say its output around 1 Amp. Plug it in and charge it up.

IF there's no nearby WalMart or convenience store, you can try a USB port on your computer, but those are also sometimes underpowered. 1.1 and 2 are 500 mA. 3 bumps up to 900 mA. Downstream charging can reach 1.5 Amps.

IF it still fails that little test, then contact the vendor or Innokin.

PaigeTrent17

Jan 27, 2016
you can try charging it for a bit to see if it helps but honestly if the unit is on and the bottom switch is in the on position and the unit is dead even after you have plugged it in, no red light, you will have to contact the vendor you bought it from for return.
image_02.jpg

bellavapes-cf42.jpg
I'm going to let it charge over night and see if that helps. I just contacted the vendor. I'll keep everyone updated when I find out what's going on.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
thanks, Shawn! Hey Paige - the wall wart should list the output on it on a sticker somewhere, if it is under 500mah, that may well be the culprit, especially given that you have not used it before to charge... just a heads up, with any of these devices, generally going to be a good idea to make sure you charge it fully before first use

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

PaigeTrent17

Jan 27, 2016
hrm - not sure what kind of amperage that requires - i am guessing at least a .5 amp output?
I had the switch on the bottom turned off. Still no lights or anything after I turned it on. And I'm not exactly sure of the amperage, its the wart that comes with the starter ecigs. To be honest I don't really know much about it. I ordered it off of amazon, and it didn't really come with instructions. I'm so confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread