*HELP* Difference between the Trusfire batteries*

Status
Not open for further replies.

petevan1970

Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Buffalo, New York
I have been looking everywhere for something or someone to tell me the difference between the Trusfire grey (or gray), blue and black and red batteries. Specifically the 14500. There is quite a price jump between them and want to know what the cause for the different prices. I have a couple of blue ones but I am about to build a 5v mod and need a couple of backup pairs. Any help with this would be appreciated. Also I found a few places to get them any links to were to get them cheap in the U.S.

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
You can get them on the cheap at hightechdealz.com....when they're in stock.

As far as the other question, the only difference I've been able to find is simply the wrapper color and dimensions, altho someone with a bit more knowledge can/should jump in here :)

That's the reason why I'm clearing out all my old batts, and going strictly with AW. From batt to batt, same wrapper, same dimensions, same power, unlike the *fires, which can vary greatly, especially on dimensions (and I'm sure everyone that's ever owned a *fire set has had a "leaner"), depending on the day of the week they were made *sarcasm*

Last edited:

petevan1970

Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Buffalo, New York
That's the reason why I'm clearing out all my old batts, and going strictly with AW.

What are the AW batteries. The only ones that I am familiar with is the Fires. I went to several different sites and most have two if not all three different styles. I am now on a personal mission to find out the difference.

Here is what I am talking about:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19771

DealExtreme: $5.40 TrustFire Protected 14500 3.7V 900mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (2-Pack)

DealExtreme: $4.73 TrustFire Protected 14500 3.7V 900mAh Lithium Batteries (2-Pack Blue)

Last edited:

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
Since I've got a deal worked out with him, I go directly to the source for AW batts:

CPF AW vendor thread

However, AW's can also be found locally (as in U.S.) HERE

You'll find that AW batts are more expensive, but also, IMO, go the extra mile for quality and safety, as well as providing a more consistent power supply (i.e. not dropping off with a very noticeable vape drop as the voltage drains) and NOT being overrated on the mAh like the *fires.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Since I've got a deal worked out with him, I go directly to the source for AW batts:

CPF AW vendor thread

However, AW's can also be found locally (as in U.S.) HERE

You'll find that AW batts are more expensive, but also, IMO, go the extra mile for quality and safety, as well as providing a more consistent power supply (i.e. not dropping off with a very noticeable vape drop as the voltage drains) and NOT being overrated on the mAh like the *fires.

Does it matter that they are over rated? The point is they both last about the same, and you can get almost 4 TrustFires for the price of one AW. That's a no brainer for me.

@ petevan1970

Stick with Trustfires over any UltraFire (which seem to be inconsistent in size, performance and longevity). I've used the blue 14500s and they've held up well (I wound not want the grays). I imagine the red/black flames are also good as the red/black 2400mAh (tested and true mAh) 18650's are the best choice in a budget cell (the red 3000mAh UltraFires should be avoided).

TrustFire Protected 3.7V 900mAh 14500 Lithium Battery (2-Pack)

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
Does it matter that they are over rated?

To me, yes. I liken it to being lied to, and that angers the Hulk *ROAR* LOL ;)

On a serious note tho, if they are "lying" about the mAh specs, what other specs are they "over rating"?

Also, the AW's seem (personal experience only, no info to back this up) to hold a charge longer, and deliver that charge more consistently from first vape to last. I also like the fact that every single AW batt that I've owned is exactly like every other one I've owned (ex - every 18650 is the same length, diameter, and "shape" as every other one I've owned). No "leaners", no "this 14500 will fit in my box mod, but that one is too long", etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread