Status
Not open for further replies.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I've sent messages to Hana and Evolv, I guess they are backed up for the holiday haven't heard from either. Ok, I'm a long time rda user and know how to build a coil many ways. No matter how I build a ni200 coil in several types of RDAs for my Hana it may or may not recognize the wire and go in temperature mode. However if does go in temperature mode after a few hits it returns to voltage mode. I borrowed a aspire and got some TC coils. Same result it fired in TC mode a few times then went to voltage. Now when in voltage its as good as my DNA30 except the "check atomizer" message pop up and have to remove atty and replace it to get to operate again. It also ask if its an "new coil" often even if you are using an kanthal build. I suspect a bad connector or ground. Any beta testers or someone who has experienced this problem.

Edit: I forgot to mention that when I first started using the mod when in TC mode it gave strange tempature readings that has stopped it just goes into voltage mode.

Last edited:

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I've sent messages to Hana and Evolv, I guess they are backed up for the holiday haven't heard from either. Ok, I'm a long time RDA user and know how to build a coil many ways. No matter how I build a ni200 coil in several types of RDAs for my Hana it may or may not recognize the wire and go in temperature mode. However if does go in temperature mode after a few hits it returns to voltage mode. I borrowed a aspire and got some TC coils. Same result it fired in TC mode a few times then went to voltage. Now when in voltage its as good as my DNA30 except the "check atomizer" message pop up and have to remove atty and replace it to get to operate again. It also ask if its an "new coil" often even if you are using an kanthal build. I suspect a bad connector or ground. Any beta testers or someone who has experienced this problem.

Edit: I forgot to mention that when I first started using the mod when in TC mode it gave strange tempature readings that has stopped it just goes into voltage mode.

I did get a response from Hana yesterday and an return authorization number. When I go and get the PV to remove the battery it's dead!!! Will not power up so what ever was going wrong it finally bit the dust. I'd like to keep this thread open as an time line to my Hana Modz DNA40 experience.

12/05/14 Ordered from Hyperion Vape a copper Hana DNA40
12/09/14 Received an Natural unpainted unit returned for replacement (the box was marked copper in Hyperion 's defense)
12/16/14 Received my order of a of a copper unit, right out of box unit acted erratic with the above symptoms
12/19/14 Finally gave up on ni200 wire went to kanthal also contacted Evolv and called Hana, they told me to fill out an Service Form which I did and posted to them.
12/23/14 Still no official response from either, I send an 2d Service Form to Hana
12/29/14 I get an email from Hana telling basically the samething they said over the phone about checking connections. I responded that I needed a return authorization. In the meantime I discover the unit is dead.
12/30/14 I get an RM#
12/31/14 Off to Hana my pv goes

I wonder how long this take stay turned for updates on "My Hana DNA40 Experience"

Last edited:

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Ok...just some facts:
-how did you build the nickel coils?
-what was the resulting resistance?

I have been building umpteen variations on nickel coils, some plain, some twisted, some twisted with kanthal and some even braided. As long as there was one strand of nickel in the build, it would go into temp mode.

you may have a defective unit, not saying it is chip for certain, but something seems to be amiss.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Ok...just some facts:
-how did you build the nickel coils?
-what was the resulting resistance?

I have been building umpteen variations on nickel coils, some plain, some twisted, some twisted with kanthal and some even braided. As long as there was one strand of nickel in the build, it would go into temp mode.
you may have a defective unit, not saying it is chip for certain, but something seems to be amiss.

All builds were a simple 12 wrap 3/32 28ga single, tried both separated and pushed together if it showed in TC mode 0.12 - 0.18 in voltage mode it would show a erratic readings. The RDAs were all authentic zenith, veritas, and mutuation. The Aspire TC was 0.30.

Last edited:

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Week #5 Update:
OK, this thread may end up be a trashing of Hana's customer service. They are certainly starting to pixx me off. They received my DNA40 a week ago according to the tracking info. They haven't sent me anything saying they got or anything, so I email them yesterday asking for a time to repair estimate. Got a email back saying they would get back with me later in the afternoon. well I'm still waiting. On a bright note I did receive from Vapor Shark my Cyber Monday DNA40 today. After a good warm from sitting in the cold mailbox, this thing is cloudin the house. First build, same one I keep trying on the Hana using the same atomizers and wire. After Hana telling me it could be my atty connection, the wire, my building skills. It's nice to finally experience an DNA40, thanks to Vapor Shark.

bwhitt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2013
Houston
I own three Hana DNA40 Devices; one has a jittery screen and the other stopped working in Temperature control mode after 2 weeks. I can still use it with Kanthal, but none of my RDA’s will work in TP mode on this device. It will fire once in TP mode, flash temp control after a few seconds and then switch to the voltage display. Luckily, my dual 18650 Hana is running well.
I hope my warranty experience is better than yours, starting to think the Evolv’s DNA40 chip issues are going to be the norm.

Last edited:

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I own three Hana DNA40 Devices; one has a jittery screen and the other stopped working in Temperature control mode after 2 weeks. I can still use it with Kanthal, but none of my RDA’s will work in TP mode on this device. It will fire once in TP mode, flash temp control after a few seconds and then switch to the voltage display. Luckily, mu dual 19650 Hana is running well.
I hope my warranty experience is better than yours, starting to think the Evolv’s DNA40 chip issues are going to be the norm.

I think the issues with the chip were more widespread than evolv let on. Even if you have a working DNA40 from the first couple of months I'd be concerned about reliability.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Week #5 Update:
OK, this thread may end up be a trashing of Hana's customer service. They are certainly starting to pixx me off. They received my DNA40 a week ago according to the tracking info. They haven't sent me anything saying they got or anything, so I email them yesterday asking for a time to repair estimate. Got a email back saying they would get back with me later in the afternoon. well I'm still waiting. On a bright note I did receive from Vapor Shark my Cyber Monday DNA40 today. After a good warm from sitting in the cold mailbox, this thing is cloudin the house. First build, same one I keep trying on the Hana using the same atomizers and wire. After Hana telling me it could be my atty connection, the wire, my building skills. It's nice to finally experience an DNA40, thanks to Vapor Shark.

I'm still waiting on a response from Hana while they hold my pv hostage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread