Help!! Everything taste soooo bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
This problem doesn't sound like the E-Power switch issue. If you had a problematic switch you would have difficulty in firing up the carto.

I use the Smoktech 1.7. ohm LR XL cartos with an E-power 14650. I did burn a carto once by running it too dry before refilling. The taste of burned synthetic filler material can taste something like burned rubber. When I burned the carto nothing I vaped tasted right for the rest of the day even when I switched to another carto in good condition. The next day my sense of taste must of reset itself because the good carto tasted just fine once again.

Always have enough blank cartos on hand so you don't run out. The same Smoktech single coil 1.7 ohm LR XL is called a "Resurrector" by one vendor and a "Rejuvenator" by another. For all I know another vendor may be calling it a "Resuscitator." Hoosier sells the 1.7 LR XL and in my experience, ships faster than CCV.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Just for the heck of it, everyone should buy at least one clear cartomizer just so you can see what a cartomizer actually looks like when you fill it inside and what it looks like when it gets burnt.

You may think you have the cartomizer full on first fill but with the clear cartomizer, you can actually see little dry pockets. Same with when you don't top it off, it starts to get darker and darker around the coils.

araczynski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
omaha, ne
Just for the heck of it, everyone should buy at least one clear cartomizer just so you can see what a cartomizer actually looks like when you fill it inside and what it looks like when it gets burnt.

You may think you have the cartomizer full on first fill but with the clear cartomizer, you can actually see little dry pockets. Same with when you don't top it off, it starts to get darker and darker around the coils.

i love the clear ones, especially now that i got a cone to sheathe them in so they don't snap so easily (at all anymore), dropped my battery with the clear one on twice today and it didn't budge.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
i love the clear ones, especially now that i got a cone to sheathe them in so they don't snap so easily (at all anymore), dropped my battery with the clear one on twice today and it didn't budge.

I can't use a cone with mine.

They're really easy to clean. Just keep it on the battery and wiggle it back and forth and the plastic comes right off.
Unroll the batting from around the coils and rinse under the tap with hot water.
I swish the coils in a cup of hot water- dab dry with a paper towel
Roll the batting back around the coils
slide the plastic back on-

You can use it again in about 10 minutes.

araczynski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
omaha, ne
I can't use a cone with mine.

ah, you're referring to the bigger version, had one of those before, also nice, but i felt the bigger the carto the more of the juice goes to waste, I don't think you can ever vape the juice that settles to the bottom quadrant of the tube, so kind of turned me off of that. i was referring to the 1.6ml units that are the 'standard' width, the cone sheathe that goes on the larger ego (& kgo/copies/etc of it) extra set of threads.

Sec

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Oh Canada
Hey Hoded, Ive been experiencing something similar the past couple of days also. I think my problem is that I'm sick with a cold though. Everything I vaped on both my Lavatube and Volts tasted burnt until this evening. Things seem back to normal but it was brutal while it lasted. Had a couple gagging sessions, then coughed like a mutha- but kept on vaping :)
You sick by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread