Status
Not open for further replies.

1w15h1w45m0ngu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
[h=2]I recently picked up an Evic along with the Joytech 18350 tube and a Trustfire 18350 battery. When The battery drains passed about 45 percent it will let me take half a drag or maybe one full drag then the Evic turns off. 5 clicks doesn't turn it on at this point but if I unscrew the tube all the way then screw it back on it will let me turn it on and take another half puff or so. This doesn't appear to be a problem with the stock tube.

I believe this battery is protected so I've read that if I have the Evic set up to draw too much power from the battery, it will automatically shut off. My question is why is it doing this at ~40 percent? Is the Evic battery meter misreading the available power? Do I have a defective battery? Is this an issue related to the battery's break-in period?

I've tried updating the firmware and changing the Mah level in the software. I've tried setting it at 1200 (which is what this battery is listed as) and even bumped it down to 900 to see if that would help things but so far I've had no luck. It's really unfortunately because I love the Evic and enjoy a pocket friendly set up but I can't exactly take it out when it's misbehaving this way haha

I'm not sure if this is relevant but my atomizer is a Protank with a Mr. Kringle style short mesh wick and a 32 kanthol, 2.2 ohm coil.

Any suggestions or advice would be more than welcome.[/h]

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There was a recall on the eVic earlier. You might check the serial number.

eVic Control Head Recall Notice

There's a thread where someone else was having a similar problem. Seemed to fix once he got the 1.2v firmware.

eVic Control Head Recall Notice

Could be the battery. If none of the above is the case, you might try an efest or AW batt....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread