Status
Not open for further replies.

1w15h1w45m0ngu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
I recently picked up an Evic along with the Joytech 18350 tube and a Trustfire 18350 battery. When The battery drains passed about 45 percent it will let me take half a drag or maybe one full drag then the Evic turns off. 5 clicks doesn't turn it on at this point but if I unscrew the tube all the way then screw it back on it will let me turn it on and take another half puff or so. This doesn't appear to be a problem with the stock tube.

I believe this battery is protected so I've read that if I have the Evic set up to draw too much power from the battery, it will automatically shut off. My question is why is it doing this at ~40 percent? Is the Evic battery meter misreading the available power? Do I have a defective battery? Is this an issue related to the battery's break-in period?

I've tried updating the firmware and changing the Mah level in the software. I've tried setting it at 1200 (which is what this battery is listed as) and even bumped it down to 900 to see if that would help things but so far I've had no luck. It's really unfortunately because I love the Evic and enjoy a pocket friendly set up but I can't exactly take it out when it's misbehaving this way haha

I'm not sure if this is relevant but my atomizer is a Protank with a Mr. Kringle style short mesh wick and a 32 kanthol, 2.2 ohm coil.

Any suggestions or advice would be more than welcome.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
No, it is the trustfire is not capable of Deep Discharge and Flatlines so eVic turns off.

In 18350 mode my eVics both do this around 25% with the efest as there is just not enough output power left to sustain the 7+ watts I have it set at.
With my Panny 18650's around 9% is when I replace them and charge.

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA
i use efest it drains fast but it lets u use evic longer in 18350 mode next buy will be AW 20130410_033945.jpg

Sector000

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
California
So this is just the protection circuit in the Trustfire?
Probably not. If it was the protection circuit, you would've probably had to reset it by briefly applying about 4V to 5V to the battery. You can use a charger or another fully charged battery. Attach the + end of one to the + of the other, same likewise for the - ends. Be very careful. Attaching + to - completes a short circuit! Obviously, that's a no-no and very dangerous. Same for charging cells unintended, and especially for resetting/restoring a dead cell. (You probably already know this, but some readers may not; and it's too important not to repeat.)

Maybe your battery's voltage is unstable and/or it was sagging under load. You should test it with a voltmeter. Compare it with and without a load (atomizer, resister, LED, etc). If there's a significant drop, it means your battery sucks. If it's unstable even without a load, then it sucks even more. Replace it with better batteries, such AW, Efest, Panasonic, etc.

Personally, I'm paranoid. I wouldn't trust TrustFire, ironically enough. I would replace it regardless of the test results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread