The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help for dummies

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by rsmith9925, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rsmith9925

rsmith9925 Full Member

Jan 10, 2019
    I've been buying bulk e liquid for a few years and it just keeps getting more and more expensive or they go out of business. I don't experiment with different flavors and all that I ve just stuck with the same thing for over six years now. Im an ex smoker and always vape the east coast tobacco flavor which I add myself at 20%. What i would like to know is how much and what kind of nicotine I would need to make this recipe. I presume I would be reducing the volume of vg/pg before adding the nicotine to make 16oz total?
    Select Bottle Package
    16oz Plastic Bottle
    Select Liquid Base:
    6).Mix55 – 50%PG+50%VG unflavored
    Select Nicotine Density
    15) High 10, 100mg (10%)
    Thanks in advance.Im sure someone out there can make it simple enough for me to comprehend. The calculators may as well be in Greek lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. IDJoel

IDJoel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    As I am reading this, I think(?) you are saying, you want the following:
    -- 16 ounces of a finished mix (recipe)
    -- which is at a 50/50 PG/VG ratio (for the final mix)
    -- and contains 20% flavoring (your East Coast Tobacco concentrate)

Is that correct... so far?

You also stated that you will be using a 100mg/mL nicotine concentrate (10%).

Information still needed:
    -- What is the nicotine base carrier? 100% PG? 100% VG? 50/50? Or, something else?
    -- What you want your final nicotine concentration to be (what nicotine level you like to vape).
    -- I don't know what
    means. Are you saying, this is what you have, instead of separate plain PG and VG? (this is okay; but will prohibit arriving at a specific/desired PG/VG ratio)

Answer these; and we can provide a recipe.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rsmith9925

rsmith9925 Full Member

Jan 10, 2019
    I just want to duplicate this,no flavoring at all,I add it later. 16oz Plastic Bottle
    Select Liquid Base:
    6).Mix55 – 50%PG+50%VG unflavored
    Select Nicotine Density
    15) High 10, 100mg (10%) sorry for not being more clear what im after

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. rsmith9925

rsmith9925 Full Member

Jan 10, 2019
    This is what they send me when i order 16oz of 10% nicotine juice,50/50 pg/vg.

5. IDJoel

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Okay... no flavor.

You still don't say what you want the final nicotine level to be in the mix. We can't help you without that information. What nic level do you vape at?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    So you want to make your own "base"?
    What strength nicotine are you able to buy?
    Where are you located?

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 1
  7. rsmith9925

rsmith9925 Full Member

Jan 10, 2019
    That's what confuses me. On vendor will list nicotine levels as 12,24,36 etc,36 being high,and this place lists it as 5%,10% etc. Before my last place went out of business i used to order the nicotine level at 24 or 36.

8. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    So you're buying one 16oz bottle of 100 mg/ml nicotine in 50/50 PG/VG. Correct? We're talking about the same bottle? And now what do want to do with that base? Dilute to what strength? You'll have to get some PG and VG (no nicotine) to dilute your base. Am I understanding you correctly?

9. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    5% nicotine is 50 mg/ml; 10% nicotine is 100 mg/ml.

10. rsmith9925

rsmith9925 Full Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Yes that's what they sent me pre mixed all i had planned on was adding 2oz of East coast tobacco flavoring to the mix

11. IDJoel

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    10% nicotine, is equal to/the same as, 100mg/mL nicotine.

When you bought 24mg/mL base; that would be the same as 2.4% nicotine. And, when you bought 36mg/mL base; that would be the same as 3.6% nicotine.

12. rsmith9925

rsmith9925 Full Member

Jan 10, 2019
    So the level they sent me will be much much higher than what I've been vaping correct? Im going to have to dilute it further?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    You can't use 100 mg/ml nicotine undiluted. Also, to do any calculations you'll have to convert your measurements to mls. 2 US fluid ounces equals 59.1471 ml.

14. rsmith9925

rsmith9925 Full Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Yes i don't know if they use pure nicotine or nicotine in a pg or vg base. Sounds like it's going to be way too high as is.

15. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  16. rsmith9925

rsmith9925 Full Member

Jan 10, 2019
    That's what's confusing me
    Most other places list high as 36,thosplace says high is 100

17. IDJoel

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    You definitely don't want to do that! That will result in a final nicotine strength of 89mg/mL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    They don't use pure nicotine. They sell 100 mg/ml (10%) nicotine in 50/50 PG/VG. I think.

So now you have a 16 oz bottle of that 100 mg/ml base. What strength nicotine do you normally use. 24 mg/ml? 12 mg/ml? We can't help you until you tell us what your target (desired) nicotine strength is.

19. rsmith9925

rsmith9925 Full Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Doing what will? What should I do with it to make it the equivalent of 24-36 level nicotine?

20. rsmith9925

rsmith9925 Full Member

Jan 10, 2019
    sYes between 24 and 36. I've always ordered 36 but was looking to cut it back some towards 24