Help for dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmith9925

Jan 10, 2019
I've been buying bulk e liquid for a few years and it just keeps getting more and more expensive or they go out of business. I don't experiment with different flavors and all that I ve just stuck with the same thing for over six years now. Im an ex smoker and always vape the east coast tobacco flavor which I add myself at 20%. What i would like to know is how much and what kind of nicotine I would need to make this recipe. I presume I would be reducing the volume of vg/pg before adding the nicotine to make 16oz total?
Select Bottle Package
16oz Plastic Bottle
Select Liquid Base:
6).Mix55 – 50%PG+50%VG unflavored
Select Nicotine Density
15) High 10, 100mg (10%)
Thanks in advance.Im sure someone out there can make it simple enough for me to comprehend. The calculators may as well be in Greek lol

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
As I am reading this, I think(?) you are saying, you want the following:
-- 16 ounces of a finished mix (recipe)
-- which is at a 50/50 PG/VG ratio (for the final mix)
-- and contains 20% flavoring (your East Coast tobacco concentrate)

Is that correct... so far?

You also stated that you will be using a 100mg/mL nicotine concentrate (10%).

Information still needed:
-- What is the nicotine base carrier? 100% PG? 100% VG? 50/50? Or, something else?
-- What you want your final nicotine concentration to be (what nicotine level you like to vape).
-- I don't know what
means. Are you saying, this is what you have, instead of separate plain PG and VG? (this is okay; but will prohibit arriving at a specific/desired PG/VG ratio)

Answer these; and we can provide a recipe.:)

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I just want to duplicate this,no flavoring at all,I add it later. 16oz Plastic Bottle
Select Liquid Base:
Select Nicotine Density
15) High 10, 100mg (10%) sorry for not being more clear what im after
Okay... no flavor.

You still don't say what you want the final nicotine level to be in the mix. We can't help you without that information. What nic level do you vape at?

• Agree
Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
This is what they send me when i order 16oz of 10% nicotine juice,50/50 pg/vg.

So you're buying one 16oz bottle of 100 mg/ml nicotine in 50/50 PG/VG. Correct? We're talking about the same bottle? And now what do want to do with that base? Dilute to what strength? You'll have to get some PG and VG (no nicotine) to dilute your base. Am I understanding you correctly?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yes that's what they sent me pre mixed all i had planned on was adding 2oz of East coast tobacco flavoring to the mix

You can't use 100 mg/ml nicotine undiluted. Also, to do any calculations you'll have to convert your measurements to mls. 2 US fluid ounces equals 59.1471 ml.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yes i don't know if they use pure nicotine or nicotine in a pg or vg base. Sounds like it's going to be way too high as is.

They don't use pure nicotine. They sell 100 mg/ml (10%) nicotine in 50/50 PG/VG. I think.

So now you have a 16 oz bottle of that 100 mg/ml base. What strength nicotine do you normally use. 24 mg/ml? 12 mg/ml? We can't help you until you tell us what your target (desired) nicotine strength is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread