• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

HELP got caught with vape in Singapore. Anyone have experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2WhiteWolves

Oct 25, 2017
Tornado Alley
I have learned the painful way and now have a notice to attend with the HSA. Waned to check if you know hte procedure?
Sorry to hear you are going through this and wish I was able to tell what you will go through, but I have no idea. Hope it won't be to be too bad for you. Please, let us know how it goes. Best of luck.
Maybe someone else will be able assist you.

Sent from...Somewhere on Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: LoveVanilla

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don't know anything about how legal matters work in Singapore. But in the USA, as a civilian, the best mode of action is to say nothing and hire a lawyer to speak for you. This video explains why.

However, in Singapore, if your govt does not recognize your inalienable right to remain silent in order to avoid unintentional self-incrimination, then this could be bad advice. It was meant for the USA.

Seek legal counsel. However, if the worst that could happen to you is a fine of less than $2,000 USD, then you may just want to throw yourself at the mercy of the court and plead insanity.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    According to this site, you can (but not necessarily will) face thousands of dollars in fines as well as imprisonment. But take everything you read on the internet with a grain of salt, including internet forum posts (including mine)...

Under section 16(2A) of the Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act (TCASA), it is illegal to possess, purchase and use vaporisers in Singapore as of 1 February 2018. This includes e-cigarettes, e-pipes and e-cigars as the TCASA covers any toy, device or article:

1. That resembles, or is designed to resemble, a tobacco product;
    2. That is capable of being smoked;
    3. That may be used in such a way as to mimic the act of smoking; or
    4. The packaging of which resembles, or is designed to resemble, the packaging commonly associated with tobacco products.

Persons found guilty of this offence can be fined up to $2,000.

In addition, under section 16(1) of the TCASA, it has been illegal to import vaporisers from 1 August 2016 onwards.

This means that buying vaporisers online and shipping them to Singapore for personal use is illegal. Those guilty of the offence are liable to a fine of up to $10,000 and/or up to 6 months’ jail. Repeat offenders are liable to a fine of up to $20,000 and/or to 12 months’ jail.

Last edited:

punkmedic

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 28, 2011
    Up north...
    Hi, Sadly I got caught with a vape in singapore - one that hs really woken me up to never do it again. I didn't think it was serious up until I was issued a notice to attend with HSA - Health service authority. I am being asked to go next week. Do you know what will happen?

It would be best to provide details to when and what u ordered, from which website and mode of delivery u used. at least we can try to see how we can help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread