The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help! Great idea for battery mod

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by Deadmau5, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Deadmau5

Deadmau5 Full Member

Apr 4, 2009
    [​IMG]
    this is basically what I want to make, about the size of a regular cigarette box. I would like to hook the 3.7v battery to a small dock-sort of thing so that I can charge my ecig on the go. Is this possible? Can anyone help me with the wirings?

2. SuperChicken

SuperChicken Full Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2009
    Mississippi
    This is for the joye510 or the dura-c
    jantyusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=186
    but no room for ejuice bottle unless it is 10mm dia or smaller. If tou know where to find one that small let me know

3. Deadmau5

Deadmau5 Full Member

Apr 4, 2009
    I have a dse 901 and a dse 103...

so I will need to make it myself instead of buying it... any ideas?

4. ccure

ccure Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Maybe you can see the perfume tester bottles. There is a thread about that with links to suppliers

5. SuperChicken

SuperChicken Full Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2009
    Mississippi
    The tester bottles are the right size, Thanks for the info. Searching for the thread now.

6. nicowolf

nicowolf Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2008
    near Akron, OH, USA

You might open up a 510 PCC and switch out the battery connector for one from a 901 charger or atomizer.

7. dumwaldo

dumwaldo Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    The 510 PCC works with an RN4081 so I would have to think it would also work with the DSE103 since it is identical to the RN4081.

8. Deadmau5

Deadmau5 Full Member

Apr 4, 2009
  9. morphector

morphector Full Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2009
    I've got a certain idea as to how to do it (everything is on the way to make one of these)

buy these batteries:
    DealExtreme: $3.82 Rechargeable 3V CR2 800mAh Green 2 Packs

buy this charger:
    DealExtreme: $2.99 Mini USB Powered Universal Lithium Battery Smart Auto Charger Keychain with TF Card Reader

Put 2 of those cr2 series so you'll get about 6v, put a diode so you'll be around 5.3-5.4v.

find a way to remove the case from the charger and wire it to the batteries with an on/off switch.

Charge rate from this charger seems to be 2-300ma so it would be a little bit killer for only one batt at a time, so I would advice you to only charge 2 battery at the same time.

find 2 connectors from dead atty and wire them properly to the charger and BANG you've got your own pcc :D

Like I said, everything is on its way from dealextreme, I'll just have to find a good case.

10. Deadmau5

Deadmau5 Full Member

Apr 4, 2009
    wait sorry I don't understand what the second thing is!

11. firhill

firhill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You're too young to remember....it's a (circa 1989) mousetrap I think.

;)

12. morphector

morphector Full Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2009

The second thing is a small charger from usb, it can charge virtualy any lion battery with its adjustable pin.

You would have to remove the case from it and use it to charge your ecigarette batteries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.