Help? Gurgling but not Leaking - Kanger T3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammisam

Feb 15, 2013
Michigan
Hi There... I've been lurking for a few weeks and am new (a couple weeks in) to the world of vaping. I used Smoke51 a couple of years ago, but it didn't really work out. So, now I have a couple eGo-C 650mah batteries, some Type A tanks, some CE4s that I despise (burnt awful tastes no matter what I have done), a couple Mega Dual Coil Cartos, and now a couple T3s and an MT3. I'm waiting on some Boges to arrive, as well as an eGo 1000mah Twist. :)

My Kanger T3 seemed to work well on first fill - I'd get a little liquid on the battery connector here and there, but I'd wipe it off and all was fine. I just filled it again today (this is its second fill, after letting it dry from rinsing it out a couple days ago), and I'm getting a strong gurgling sound along with some popping noises. I removed the clearomizer from the battery, tried to blow out through the bottom (not the mouthpiece) and nothing came out of the mouthpiece onto the paper towel.

I was under the impression that if I'm hearing a strong gurgling, that there is liquid in the center. Is that not the case? The only thing I can think about this is that maybe it's because one single thread of the wick (not the entire wick) came loose. But, should that really be the case?

Is a gurgling sound normal with these? I also turned the PV upside down (mouthtip down) and pressed the battery button for a while, as I read that suggestion somewhere. It continues to gurgle.

I'm baffled. Can someone help me? :)

Thank you!

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Gurgling definitely sounds like moisture in the mouthpiece and tube. If you are still getting good hits, no e-liquid in the mouth and no leakage, it may not be something to be real concerned about. The next time you have it apart, you may want to try blowing through the mouthpiece end to see if that clears it at all. Popping seems to be fairly normal, although I haven't used this type of clearo long term.

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
I get gurgles when there's liquid (juice or just condensation) along the post of the coil assembly of my MT3. If you take the coil out (make sure to be careful if there's still juice in there!), check that post. Wipe off any liquid on it or on the silicon seal between it and the wicks. Reassemble and see if that helps.

A tip I read on here was to keep inhaling from the T3 after you release the button on your battery. That seems to help prevent some of that moisture buildup.

sammisam

Feb 15, 2013
Michigan
I get gurgles when there's liquid (juice or just condensation) along the post of the coil assembly of my MT3. If you take the coil out (make sure to be careful if there's still juice in there!), check that post. Wipe off any liquid on it or on the silicon seal between it and the wicks. Reassemble and see if that helps.

A tip I read on here was to keep inhaling from the T3 after you release the button on your battery. That seems to help prevent some of that moisture buildup.

Thank you so much for the tip! I'll start doing that.

OF COURSE, it stopped like two minutes after I hit post. :)

jcarax

Feb 11, 2013
Tucson
Turn it upside down next time it happens, and see if some juice runs down the drip tip. The gurgling occurs when there's juice in the center tube above the wick. I think it's mostly condensation from the vapor, it has more distance to travel than a top mount. Eventually it starts to drip down into the center tube. When it happens, I take a piece of paper towel, roll it up, and stick it through the drip tip to clean up the juice.

Something else I've seen people do is dismantle the heads and add another piece of wick. So maybe there is some leakage around the wicks, or maybe the extra wick just keeps the condensation from getting past the wicks as it drips back down the center tube. I think my problem is purely condensation, because it happens after vaping for a couple hours. It's fine in the morning when I wake up, and I would think if it were leaking around the wicks it would be worse after sitting unused for all those hours.

Given, this is with an EVOD, but they work pretty much the same way. I think it actually happens with the EVOD more, because the tube is shorter. More of the condensation forms above the tube, and surface tension keeps it from dripping back down until more is built up. On the T3, more of the condensation forms inside the tube, and that can drip down in much smaller quantities, and the wick can reabsorb it more easily.

sammisam

Feb 15, 2013
Michigan
Thanks for the info, all.

Things seem to be vaping along quite happily with the T3. I've been rotating 2 of 'em for 7 days and am quite happy with it.

I've been thinking of getting some EVODS because I get sick of flavors pretty quickly. Glad to know it happens with that so I can have a heads up and not freak out if that happens when I get some. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread