Help identifying battery, suggestions for carto's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visivicous

Mar 23, 2009
A while back I purchased a 'LUX' kit from Modern Vapor. Never again will I purchase products from that company. Half of the cartomizers they sent me were duds right from the start. The other half produced very little vapor, around 1/5th to 1/4th the amount of the Blu disposable I had on hand. What little vapor the Modern Vapor brand carto's and juice produced burned my throat and caused me to gag so hard that I vomited. I am not being facetious nor am I exaggerating. The whole experience turned me off vaping for over a year.

I recently decided to give it another shot, and bought a V2 starter kit. So far it has been enjoyable, and I have cut back from around a pack a day to 1-3 cigarettes per day (today I have only had 1). Still, the best experience that I have had with e-cigs has been the Blu disposable, but they are far to expensive, and do not last anywhere near as long as a pack of cigs.

I dug out my 'LUX' kit and found that the batteries still hold a charge, so I would like to get some cartomizers or clearomizers for them. I know that the V2 batteries are '808', and the V2 cartomizers that I have are obviously not compatible with the 'LUX' batteries. If anyone could help identify what type of battery the 'LUX' is, and suggest where I can get some good, reliable cartomizers/clearomizers, I would really appreciate it.

Link to 'LUX' page at Modern Vapor: BUY E-CIG BATTERIES & PARTS: LUX Electronic Cigarettes

mrpony

May 19, 2013
USA
i know its probably not what you want to hear,but the listing looks like the lux batteries have a 902 connector.ive never seen a 902 connector,i know of the 901s but this is the first ive heard of a 902.(not that im an expert) the most common are the 510/eGo connectors.
ive been telling people to get the most versital and expandable kits they can afford just for the simple idea that the odds are upgrading is in their future.

OhaiKrikket

ECF Veteran

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The link that you supplied does not show a picture of the Lux batteries (apparently they are revamping to a newer model?). There's also no hint of what threading the battery connector uses.

Since your 808-threaded V2 cartomizers won't work on your Lux battery, one could assume that the Lux uses a 510 thread, which is the most common thread among e-cig devices.

However, there are some companies that sell cigalike kits that have a proprietary threading that will only work with their own gear. Since you are intent to continue to use the Lux batteries, you could purchase a 5-pack of 510 threaded cartomizers for around $9 on about any e-cig vendors website and see if they will thread up.

The other alternative would be to purchase an entirely new setup that uses the more common 510 or eGo thread.

Last edited:

Visivicous

Mar 23, 2009
uc

I pulled that from the Modern Vapor website, LUX batteries/parts page. Labeled as "902". Does it look familiar to anyone?

Attachments

• ATO902-2.jpg
    ATO902-2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Visivicous

Mar 23, 2009
I was just checking the Johnson Creek website, and their Vea branded e-cig looks just like the LUX (battery, cone, accessories, everthing), and is 510 threaded. I was going to order some juice from them anyway, I might as well order some of their blank cartomizers and give them a shot with the LUX.

I still want some advice on a good 510 clearomizer or portable tank. I'd prefer to not have to refill while at work, and there is not a whole lot of room in my carry case for extra carts.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I am not sure your batteries are 510 threaded - just throwing that disclaimer out there.

But if you are looking for a 510 threaded clearo, I would recommend the vivi nova - you can get them in clear plastic, colored and even metal for some of the juices that can't be used in plastic tanks. Vivi Nova
A lot of people on here like the vivi nova (me included) It is a top coil clearo, so the vape will be warm and you can buy replacement cols for it for between 2-3 bucks. The mini holds about 2mls of juice and the larger one holds about 3.5mls - so you should be able to vape for many hours without having to refill it.
Others will surely have other clearos they like, but I feel for the price, you can't really go wrong with a vivi nova.

Now if you could visit a local vaping store with your battery, you could check a standard 510 threaded clearo would fit, without dropping $10 first - that would be the ideal scenario.

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
i like the iclear16 and iclear30(1.6ml and 3.0ml tanks)kranger evods are nice too. they should run about 20$ or less. but still kinda pricey for just a test. are there any ecig stores near you?

Both the iclear16 and the EVOD are ego threaded and won't fit on these batteries without an adaptor. The iclear30 is 510 threaded and will fit.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas

Visivicous

Mar 23, 2009
Based on the replies I have received here (Thanks, btw!), and checking around online, I think that the LUX batteries are merely rebranded Ego batteries (even the clearomizers on the Modern Vapor website are labelled LUX/EGO). Based on this thread (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecigarette-technical-issues/330506-should-know-but-dont-801-vs-510-vs-ego.html) the ego uses a 510 thread connector, with an additional threading to attach a cone. So I should be good with a regular 510 carto. I'll order something cheap later this week and post back here on how it goes. Again, thanks for all of the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread