Help! I'm E-Cig ......ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonshucka

Aug 4, 2011
CanaDUH
Hey guys !

Im new here, obviously. Anyway, i just purchased my first starter kit from smokeless image. I first wanted the bloog then stumbled upon this forum site which made me want the VoLT...Im a complete noob and have a few questions. I'm sure they have already been asked but honestly i dont feel like searching through pages and pages of other posts to find the answer i am looking for.

So after reading some other posts on here, i ran across a PV called Halo g6 and saw that people said it was similar to the volt and bloog... Now my question is, If they are similar in battery, does that mean i can buy a Halo g6 and use my volts' cartomizer and charger? i really love the way the G6 looks *shrug* I have ALOT to learn :p
Thanks for reading my post, and if you have any other suggestions i would Love, Love, LOVE to read them!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Don't they look identical? I saw that raspberry color at both places except Halo called it Fuchsia and I think charged more.

I think they are the same batteries. Their cartos may be from a different manufacturer - I do not know. But the cartos do say KR808 compatible.
G6 Cartomizers - G6 E-Cig

You should be able to use their batteries on your Volt charger.

What looks different to you other than Halo's logo on the batteries?

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
First, congrats on the switch! How long have you been vaping? Most people graduate from a cigarette-looking PV like your Volt to something with more power and battery life for about the same price. You might want to hold off a week or so to see if you're getting the satisfaction you need with a mini ecig before buying another.

moonshucka

Aug 4, 2011
CanaDUH
hey guys thanks for the replies...i actually dont have my volt at hand right now as i just ordered it yesterday :p so i really have no idea what im talking about...i just like the titanium look on the g6 battery. Volt had something similar but it had the shiny silvery finish *shrug* LOL i originally bought the kit yesterday for my dad, but the more i read the more i want to keep it for myself..So i plan on sharing the kit with my dad but i want some extra batteries...might as well give the g6 a shot right?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
That sounds like a great idea! And I recommend thin clear juices in stuffing cartos - I use 20% or less VG and stick with juices I like that leave little or no flavoring sediment (typically thin clear juices).

As always I recommend manual batteries for less chance of ruining your batteries with a juice leak as well as more control of your hit.

And you may be interested in this:
Newegg.com - Rosewill 2 Amp 4 Port USB International Traveling Wall Charger RUC-6181 for iPhone/iPod/iPad/MP3

or cheaper - the just-US version for $8.99 plus shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Travel-Charger-Adapter-RUC-6180/dp/B003A6PTBG

I use one of those 4-port 2-amp USB to AC adapters to hold up to 4 battery charging cables and/or PCC charging cables. That way one electrical socket can charge 4 things and give them a nice stable power supply. I have one at work and one at home.

On a manual KR808D-1 battery you can use a DSE901 atomizer (standard resistance) and 901 drip tip to test new juices so you don't waste a cartomizer testing.

Last edited:

moonshucka

Aug 4, 2011
CanaDUH
Wow im glad i asked the question!

although im still a little lost, i think i'll get the hang of it.. SO basically I can get the g6 battery and use it with my volt cartomizer? LOL just need some clairty before i do anything stupid :)
I definitely need to do some reading up on juices and such since i know nothing about them other than the basic stuff...i just got the pre filled carts *shrug*
Nother question: when you buy the juice you have to also have the plain cartomizers? or can you also put the juice on the prefilled ones? *soo embarassed*

UHOH lol as i continue reading i think i've made a mistake in my choice of e-cig!! ah well lol...Oh goodness i have no idea what im doing. I just wanna vape *cries*

Last edited:

Icoth

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
CA
UHOH lol as i continue reading i think i've made a mistake in my choice of e-cig!! ah well lol...Oh goodness i have no idea what im doing. I just wanna vape *cries*

The Volt is a good choice to start with. There are other good choices as well. I think Boodle gave great advice, use the volt for a while and based on that experience decide if you're happy or want to try some other things.

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
although im still a little lost, i think i'll get the hang of it.. SO basically I can get the g6 battery and use it with my volt cartomizer? LOL just need some clairty before i do anything stupid :)

Nother question: when you buy the juice you have to also have the plain cartomizers? or can you also put the juice on the prefilled ones? *soo embarassed*
You should be able to use a halo g6 battery with volt cartomisers. As far as I'm aware they are the exact same unit, just a different name on them. All parts should be interchangeable.

You don't have to have plain cartomisers but it's reccommended. Once you've vaped a prefilled to the point of it getting dry, you can wash them out (I sat mine in a tub of near-boiled water), blow them out and leave them in a warm place for a day to really dry out. One use from a cartomiser wont kill it, it's just that the flavour might taste bad if you put another flavour in there with it.

Blank cartomisers are quite cheap. Quite possibly the cheapest thing to get for your pvs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread