Help: is there silicone inside the top of the Reo.? Trying to change the contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Hey guys,

Is there some sort of silica located inside the top of the reo on the 510 connection side ? What's the best way to fix this and continue to install the new contacts.

Thx so much.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433835584.297433.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433835601.532955.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433835838.034880.jpg

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
I fear you went too far with the disassembly - the 510 connector isn't user replaceable. The only way I know of to fix that is to send the mod back to Robert (send him a PM at @redeyedancer first) to have it repaired. Maybe even have him replace your old 510 with the new, adjustable one.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
If you have a rebuild kit or all the parts you can rebuild it . The insulation you see in there is suppose to be there . You are welcome to send it in I can put one of the new 510s connection in your mod . You wont ever have to worry about the 510 again the new 510 is bullet proof

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
And don't remove the goop its insulation
According to the photos he removed the goop already (see first two pictures) - I fear a rebuild kit doesn't have that and the only way is a visit at the spa. The third picture just shows the 510 insert unisolated in the raw hole of the Grand, wobbling about.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
According to the photos he removed the goop already (see first two pictures) - I fear a rebuild kit doesn't have that and the only way is a visit at the spa. The third picture just shows the 510 insert unisolated in the raw hole of the Grand, wobbling about.
I missed that thanks for pointing that out . Yes he he should send it in to the shop time for a new 510

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Thanks all the responses including Rob, chrisEu, and X - puppy for responding - I apologize for my late response. -

When I get home I gonna see what I have - treatment at the reo spa always sounds good - using my One spare reo that is close to 5 years old I believe along with 50 drops and working like a charm - but I need to get this one fixed as 2 reos would be the bare minimum to sleep safely at night lol.

Thank you

Back story-
I rebuilt one w no problems - then I waited to do my only other reo and I thought I saw something in there that I was suppose to be remove and had a joyous time with a dental pic trying to remove this imaginary object screwing everything up - so I not sure what damage I did and what I have in the rebuild kit - going to look at what I have and reread some of these spots and....possibly check out USPS website for going rates to Maine is It ?

And yes 2 photos from bottom up view. 1 photo from top down view. Sorry not the best quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread