Help! M16 clone is overheating batteries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
A little more info would help. Which battery. What was on top? Did you check for a short? Have you cleaned the mod recently. Brass or what version was it. I have the m16 in brass. I notice while subohming if I make my rda flush with the m16 it warms up from heat transfer. Doesn't get really hot or anything.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

msgnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
Could it be a very simple problem caused by a rushed morning and a lack of coffee... Did you put the battery in the right way?

Edit
Of course its not to make you look like a goof, but with my limited understanding of electricity and the way mechs work... It could be plausible, of course you might not have noticed since you pulled out the battery in a hurry...
But wouldnt it "reverse" the way the mod worked making the mod and battery heat up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
IF:
O-ring is in place on the switch
The switch is not sticking
and you do NOT Over tighten

Then it is likely the Battery went defective.
Could have been dropped at some point and gradually the damage increased to the point of failure.

I doubt it was the Mod, or the Topper. Atomizer short would likely manifest in Excessive heat at the point of the short. Still, best to visually inspect everything and run a meter over things just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread