Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Here are the requirements:

• Good to Great Airflow (adjustable desired)

• Under $50-60 (Authentic - No Clone suggestions please)

• From a reputable company

• Would like one that can do either single or double coils.

• Easy to work with

I am familiar with ohms law, wattage, etc and am currently using a regulated 30W mod (ipv Mini)

Thanks In Advance! :p

Slips

Nov 7, 2014
Bay Area
Darryl,

Lately i have been really partial to the Holmes with the Freakshow coming in close second.
I have Holmes v1 and love it with all the builds i've tried, not totally sure what they changed in v2 but so long as it has the massive airflow and post design of the orginal I would say start there.
The Freakshow is another great choice meeting all your requirements.

The CLT by infinite all 3 versions are really good, I just prefer my airflow from under the coils.

Good luck in your search

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Darryl,

Lately i have been really partial to the Holmes with the Freakshow coming in close second.
I have Holmes v1 and love it with all the builds i've tried, not totally sure what they changed in v2 but so long as it has the massive airflow and post design of the orginal I would say start there.
The Freakshow is another great choice meeting all your requirements.

The CLT by infinite all 3 versions are really good, I just prefer my airflow from under the coils.

Good luck in your search

I've seen some pretty good deals on the FS! Thanks for the input!

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
i know you said no clones, but the Cigreen-X's are much better than the Mutation-X's imo :2c: if it makes you feel any better, they say its their 'version' of the mutation-x's with some changes, like phillips head screws on all versions + i like the deck more. it also no logo so it doesnt have that weird indulgence logo on it.

flippant

Dec 14, 2014
An Island
I'm echoing Slips' sentiments on the Holmes v1. I swear by mine. Stellar rda and a tremendous bargain, so I'd recommend you do some sleuthing for a v1. You can't go wrong.
The v2 looks good enough, but the airflow's apparently been restricted a bit (the v1's huuugely airy if you want it to be, though, so maybe a little restriction isn't a big deal).

From there it gets tricky as I can only think of so many cheaper authentic rdas that allow for single coiling. Is that make or break, for you?

And hey, try the Jakiro. It looks cool, and then you can tell me if I should buy one, haha. It does fit all your requirements, though. Only thing's it looks like the deck's kinda small, so it might a trickier build.
Jakiro RDA by Youde Technologies

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
I'm echoing Slips' sentiments on the Holmes v1. I swear by mine. Stellar rda and a tremendous bargain, so I'd recommend you do some sleuthing for a v1. You can't go wrong.
The v2 looks good enough, but the airflow's apparently been restricted a bit (the v1's huuugely airy if you want it to be, though, so maybe a little restriction isn't a big deal).

From there it gets tricky as I can only think of so many cheaper authentic rdas that allow for single coiling. Is that make or break, for you?

And hey, try the Jakiro. It looks cool, and then you can tell me if I should buy one, haha. It does fit all your requirements, though. Only thing's it looks like the deck's kinda small, so it might a trickier build.
Jakiro RDA by Youde Technologies

Thanks, I'll look into them, however I really would rather stick to an authentic.
I'd like to experiment with single vs dual coils setups, so yes it is a required ability. In other words, I don't want to buy a second RDA just to play with dual coils.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
i know you said no clones, but the Cigreen-X's are much better than the Mutation-X's imo :2c: if it makes you feel any better, they say its their 'version' of the mutation-x's with some changes, like phillips head screws on all versions + i like the deck more. it also no logo so it doesnt have that weird indulgence logo on it.

The V3 has Phillip head screws

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My Wotofo Freakshow has become my go to dripper. Good juice well, fantastic flavor, AIRFLOW FOR DAYS! The only thing I have that can get more airflow is the Doge, and while it does cloud more (but by a lot less than you'd expect), the freakshow has flavor that rivals and surpasses the tugboat or plume veil with ease.

My vote goes to the freakshow. Bottom airflow is the future for flavor junkies that still want to see the cloudz.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
Indeed it does, I love my V2, and its great for single and dual, but it can definitely have too much air depending on your setting with 18 air holes

Yea, I don't ever run it wide open. My normal setting is 3 holes open on both sides. Sometimes, I'll even run it almost all the way closed.

pls0138

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
The Freakshow keeps coming up in this thread! I'm going to have to order one.

Are there different versions of it out there; V.1, V.2, etc.??? If so, which is the most desirable?

I think the only difference is the v2 has the option for a single coil build.
I got a Mutation X v2 for my first dripper and I'm happy with it. I actually just ordered a v3, there's a seller on ebay that has it for 20 bucks, can't beat that.
Two other drippers that I have been checking out that hasn't been mentioned yet are the dragon by cigreen and the troll by wotofo. Both have a MX-style build deck and AFC as well as a single coil option.
There's actually a pretty good selection of authentic RDAs in the $30 price range. Vaping Cheap had a nice article you should check out. Top 10 Authentic RDA's for Under $40! | Vaping Cheap

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
I think the only difference is the v2 has the option for a single coil build.
I got a Mutation X v2 for my first dripper and I'm happy with it. I actually just ordered a v3, there's a seller on ebay that has it for 20 bucks, can't beat that.
Two other drippers that I have been checking out that hasn't been mentioned yet are the dragon by cigreen and the troll by wotofo. Both have a MX-style build deck and AFC as well as a single coil option.
There's actually a pretty good selection of authentic RDAs in the $30 price range. Vaping Cheap had a nice article you should check out. Top 10 Authentic RDA's for Under $40! | Vaping Cheap

Thanks! That was a good read!

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
My Wotofo Freakshow has become my go to dripper. Good juice well, fantastic flavor, AIRFLOW FOR DAYS! The only thing I have that can get more airflow is the Doge, and while it does cloud more (but by a lot less than you'd expect), the freakshow has flavor that rivals and surpasses the tugboat or plume veil with ease.

My vote goes to the freakshow. Bottom airflow is the future for flavor junkies that still want to see the cloudz.

I've really been wanting to get a freakshow until I read some reviews saying that juice always leaks out of the bottom airflow holes? Is this true and if so, how do you prevent this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread