RDA Thinking about buying an authentic RDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston
I'm thinking about buying an authentic rda. I am a flavor chaser and absolutely love my EHPro Veritas clone, but am not a huge fan of the build quality. The top cap is still very tight and doesn't sit quite flush and the 510 threads aren't very smooth. After getting two crummy clones in a row (not considering the Veritas clone crummy BTW) I'm thinking about getting an authentic.

I'd like to stay under $100, although I could be swayed into getting an authentic Veritas if that's still the best for flavor. I would like to try something new and have already had a Magma clone so I don't want another one of those. My builds are usually pretty high for an RDA. I usually build around .8-1ohm coils for the Veritas and have been enjoying it on my regulated mod. I am also a single coil fan and like restrictive air draws, so something that will allow me to block one side of the RDA is necessary (unlike the TOBH). I also would like deep juice wells if possible, but I'm willing to look past that.

The Mutation X V2 is tempting because it's $30 and has a cool air flow control system, but that's about all I know about that. The Marquis RDA looks great but is just way out of my price range.

I'd appreciate any suggestions! thanks.

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston
well here are Rip Tripper's top 9:

1. Vertex v2 - $90
2. Marquis - $145
3. Hobo 2.1 - $85
4. Plume Veil 1.2 - $109
5. Tugboat V2 - $90
6. Infinite CLT V2 - $35
7. Dark Horse - $80
8. Mutation X - $30
9. Veritas - $120

Thanks, that's the video from Rip that got me thinking. I really want the Tugboat V2, but the copper center post is kind of scary to me. I'd like a stainless steel post, and if I could get that I'd go for the Tugboat right now.

The Vertex V2 is also super tempting. I may go that route if I can find it in stock. I just really like the blue and California Tugboats.

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston
I have a good number of those on the list. I do not have the Vertex so I can't comment on it but I prefer the CLT V2. I have a CLT V2 plus coming Thursday (larger air slot) .The CLT is well built, easy to build on, has excellent flavor and is pretty inexpensive.

The problem I have with the CLT V2 is the lack of a single coil airhole option. Otherwise I'd have bought one already.

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
Well, I pulled the trigger on an SS Vertex V2. Thanks for the replies everyone!

I'm tired of messing around with clones and getting hit or miss (mostly miss) clones. For what I've spent on clones I could have just bought a high end RBA in the first place. Hopefully it'll live up to my expectations.
don't worry - very soon you will be curious to try another one, it's an addiction!

for your next serious RDA, try the Hobo 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread