Status
Not open for further replies.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
Hi there, I haven't vaped in six or seven years now. I first used it to quit smoking, then kinda went hobbyist on it and ended up with a shelf of mods and tanks ranging from mechs to box mods. Then I quit, sold all my stuff, and haven't touched it in said years. I think that was around the first istick craze.

Some personal tragedy happened and now I'm suddenly smoking heavily again for about a month, and I hate it but I'm hooked. Everything has changed when I look at vape sites now. I just want something simple that I can fill with some juice and vape on, I don't want to build coils, just something I can buy replacements for easily. I'm not sure about nic salts or what that is, so help me out if I should be looking into that instead of juice. I'd rather whatever it is be a contained battery too, not really interested in the 18650 grind, I don't mind if the thing wears out eventually and I have to get something new.

I'm also kind of on a budget, I'd like to find a full kit and then buy up some coils or whatever goes in a pod system if that's the thing I should buy. I'd like to keep the main stuff under 50 bucks and even more I'd rather spend under 40, but I'll spend more if it means much better quality. I've searched reddit a bit but all I see are a lot of names I don't recognize mentioned (Voopoo, Geekvape, Caliburn, these weren't around or weren't something I saw much of back in the day). A friend who is a casual vaper uses an Eleaf isolo air and says he likes it a lot, is that worth looking at or is it old at this point too?

I'm in the US and hopefully would like to rush-ship whatever, so whatever it is needs to be available here.

Open to any suggestions at this point, thanks!

Reactions: Bliss Doubt

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Now is a rough time to get back into vaping. Due to the PACT act there aren't as many online stores in the USA and the ones that are present have less than reliable shipping, meaning they dont ship to all locations and the ones they ship to, shipping is high and not very fast. China is not very fast and some sites have high shipping. I'd recommend you go to your local vape shop and see what they have in stock, just avoid Smok brand. Try Innokin, Vaporesso, Uwell, Aegis, Voopoo, just to name a few. I'd go with a pod system to start. Try to get one that has a 510 adapter so you can buy a tank later to use on it. That way you can upgrade later. The Innokin Sensis has this. There may be others as well. See what's available. Good luck with getting off the srinkies.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 10, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Now is a rough time to get back into vaping. Due to the PACT act there aren't as many online stores in the USA and the ones that are present have less than reliable shipping, meaning they dont ship to all locations and the ones they ship to, shipping is high and not very fast. China is not very fast and some sites have high shipping. I'd recommend you go to your local vape shop and see what they have in stock, just avoid Smok brand. Try Innokin, Vaporesso, Uwell, Aegis, Voopoo, just to name a few. I'd go with a pod system to start. Try to get one that has a 510 adapter so you can buy a tank later to use on it. That way you can upgrade later. The Innokin Sensis has this. There may be others as well. See what's available. Good luck with getting off the srinkies.

Thanks! I looked around a little and found an Innokin Sensis at the right price, it's on the way. Nice that it has a 510 adapter for sure. I remember Innokin and liked the brand way in the past so this at 30 dollars is right up my alley.

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    @Fattlestar, I think you will like it. It wasn't too popular with some of the old timers, mainly because of the fill port is a rubber stopper that you have to be careful not to break. However, I like it and I have one in my rotation at all times. What color did you get?

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 10, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    I went as boring as possible with the black (not carbon). I considered the pink but black goes with everything. I got an extra pod and some coils too, although after reevaluating I didn't take into account whether I'm going to care about MTL or not and I only got the .25 coils and I guess the one MTL coil that comes with it if that's right; I remember when I started vaping the first time I was MTL but quickly moved to big air and never looked back.

Reactions: Bliss Doubt

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Hello Fattlestar.

It looks like you know what you like. You quit smoking once, so I believe you'll be able to again.

Hoard as much as you can afford to, especially nic base, and your preferred devices.

For what it's worth, since you mentioned it, I love the Aspire eLeaf line, durable and reliable, with flexible power levels to go with the various ohms resistance of coils you'll have. That said, I have not tried the Isolo.

You've validated once again my theory that you don't take up vaping to quit smoking, then later quit vaping. I have seen this travesty so often, that those who quit vaping end up smoking again.

I wish you courage and perseverance, and all the fun of the vape hobby.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 10, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Some additional questions if anyone looks back here...

Any suggestions on a tank (I suddenly have the urge to have something to screw into the adapter) that has good coils (longevity and flavor) that aren't impossible to find and are widely available for the moment?

Also any suggestions on good places to find juice (still avoiding DIYing again) in larger sizes (100ml or more etc) for reasonable prices with a good selection?

Reactions: FranC

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Some additional questions if anyone looks back here...

Any suggestions on a tank (I suddenly have the urge to have something to screw into the adapter) that has good coils (longevity and flavor) that aren't impossible to find and are widely available for the moment?

Also any suggestions on good places to find juice (still avoiding DIYing again) in larger sizes (100ml or more etc) for reasonable prices with a good selection?
    Look into the Innokin Zlide tank and coils. I don’t know anything about juice. Been DIY for years.

Reactions: Innokin_timmy

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015

If you research the Innokin Zlide tank and Z-coils that FranC recommended above, and think you'd want them...you may want to PM me before buying them online.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 10, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    My Sensis and extra pod/coils came in today, I'm just breaking the coils in slow with a little lower wattage but it vapes great, I really appreciate the recommendation @Territoo this is literally perfect for my needs right now. I'm playing around with the airflow and seeing what works best for me, I'm still not sure if I'm more MTL or DL yet but both seem to work well. For the last couple days I've still been smoking but mixing in an expensive gas station disposable but with an actual setup I'm already feeling the bonds breaking from the cigarettes. This is a huge help, thank you all for the suggestions and help in getting me back on track. I'm truly grateful.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    My Sensis and extra pod/coils came in today, I'm just breaking the coils in slow with a little lower wattage but it vapes great, I really appreciate the recommendation @Territoo this is literally perfect for my needs right now. I'm playing around with the airflow and seeing what works best for me, I'm still not sure if I'm more MTL or DL yet but both seem to work well. For the last couple days I've still been smoking but mixing in an expensive gas station disposable but with an actual setup I'm already feeling the bonds breaking from the cigarettes. This is a huge help, thank you all for the suggestions and help in getting me back on track. I'm truly grateful.

Glad to be of help! :thumbs:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread