Status
Not open for further replies.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Thanks, that's just what I was looking for, I've been using an old military surveyors bag and it's about to fall apart. I have no problem using one, it holds my Xoom tablet, ecig stuff and spare pens & pads. It seems the younger generation has to have they're hands full instead of using a bag, beats me, I like to have my hands free.

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
The Wood Between the Worlds
I'm just tired of carrying everything on my belt and in my pockets:

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
You might want to be careful about that knife.
The blade is long enough to be considered a
concealed weapon if you put that in a messenger style bag.

True. Since that rig is the only sheath I have for that blade, I can't carry it in my murse. I wish I had a better pic to show off the damascus. I have a bit of a collection, so I'll have to go through it and make a decision on a murse blade.

minx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
South Florida
Put a Remington (or Glock) logo on the side and tote it! Harley would work, too.

If anyone asks, just tell them you keep your extra ammo in there.

Sorry guys, no matter how you try to hide it, if it's slung across your body it's a purse. Might as well bypass the cammo, black, OD green and just go with pink.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
The ones I've been looking at (leaning toward the M51 Engineer bag), and the ones I've seen people wearing don't look much like purses to me.

I bet they're only going to become more acceptable over time. People carry a lot of stuff around these days. Seems ridiculous trying to stuff more and more into your pockets.

I guess it's a matter of function vs. fashion. I'll take function. I have too much stuff for pockets. Even if I narrow it down to just the necessities, I have phone, wallet, keys, PV, extra battery, juice, sunglasses... too much for my pockets. I'm not going to worry too much about whether or not my bag makes a manly enough fashion statement. And the people who do worry about that kind of thing aren't the type that I care much about the opinion of anyway.

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
SHMBO hates my purse. Well, actually, she likes it...She just hates it on me.

When she gripes about being seen in public with me using it, I tell her, "No problem, I'll get rid of it... and get a fanny pack."

Conversation over.

Oddly enough, I've not gotten the response from my knuckle-dragging-redneck co-workers I expected. When I ask they say it's the "Hangover" movie that changed the cultural perception.:2cool:

DeanMachine

Nov 4, 2011
Chicago
Yeah, I remember getting crap in Ohio about 7 years ago for rocking messenger bags. Sometimes guys have crap they want to have on them too. Bags are bags as long as you're not sporting pink sequens and a thin strap.

I moved to Chicago at the time, and all they guys/business men had them. It's even more acceptable 7 years later. If people are judging you bc of this, you live in too small of a town. (not meant as an insult)

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
What about a small backpack type of bag?

Bape Ape Head Patch Day Bag | The Carry

It's not what you were originally looking for, but it's suitable. I'm female, and I'm looking for a backpack type carrier for my own things. I'm tired of having to hold a purse or have it slip off my shoulder. These are a bit masculine though, so their not my style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread