The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help me minimize the humiliation-- Man Purse

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Off Topic, Nov 26, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BardicDruid

BardicDruid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2009
    Central Texas
    Thanks, that's just what I was looking for, I've been using an old military surveyors bag and it's about to fall apart. I have no problem using one, it holds my Xoom tablet, ecig stuff and spare pens & pads. It seems the younger generation has to have they're hands full instead of using a bag, beats me, I like to have my hands free.

2. Off Topic

Off Topic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I'm just tired of carrying everything on my belt and in my pockets:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. VpnDrgn

VpnDrgn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Gulfport, MS.
    You might want to be careful about that knife.
    The blade is long enough to be considered a
    concealed weapon if you put that in a messenger style bag.

4. yo vapo

yo vapo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2011
    Texas
    Funny answers, expecially the Hello Kitty bag. :D
    Seriously, though, google m51 engineer bag. Nothing effeminate there, well except that they call them [something which seriously calls your masculinity into question] in the army. :facepalm:

5. Off Topic

I clearly remember my platoon sgt calling it that. He had one.

6. Off Topic

True. Since that rig is the only sheath I have for that blade, I can't carry it in my murse. I wish I had a better pic to show off the damascus. I have a bit of a collection, so I'll have to go through it and make a decision on a murse blade.

7. sweetz

sweetz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2011
    Texas
    ...and I thought women had accessorizing problems ;)

But really, I think the single most entertaining thing in this thread is Off Topic's signature line. That earned a chuckle!!

8. redbucket

redbucket Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2011
    USA
  9. yo vapo

Nov 6, 2011
    Texas
    Good news is we don't have to worry too much about coordinating colors. Black, OD green, khaki, or camo and we're good. :D

10. minx

minx Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    South Florida
    Sorry guys, no matter how you try to hide it, if it's slung across your body it's a purse. Might as well bypass the cammo, black, OD green and just go with pink.

11. yo vapo

Nov 6, 2011
    Texas
    *sigh* Well... crud! :facepalm:

12. aziffel

aziffel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    nc
    Has anyone seen basilray's video from the phillipines?Half the men were carrying purses or pocketbooks

13. Leothwyn

Leothwyn Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2011
    N. California
    The ones I've been looking at (leaning toward the M51 Engineer bag), and the ones I've seen people wearing don't look much like purses to me.

I bet they're only going to become more acceptable over time. People carry a lot of stuff around these days. Seems ridiculous trying to stuff more and more into your pockets.

I guess it's a matter of function vs. fashion. I'll take function. I have too much stuff for pockets. Even if I narrow it down to just the necessities, I have phone, wallet, keys, PV, extra battery, juice, sunglasses... too much for my pockets. I'm not going to worry too much about whether or not my bag makes a manly enough fashion statement. And the people who do worry about that kind of thing aren't the type that I care much about the opinion of anyway.

14. VpnDrgn

VpnDrgn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Gulfport, MS.
    Hell, a little makeup and a wig, and half the men there are prettier than the women.:blink::facepalm:

15. pnguin

pnguin Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    I don't know if they still have it but I got a camo belt pouch from Cheaper than dirt that holds my tac flashlight, cell phone, leatherman, a puck mod and a large ego case. I think it was about $10.

16. Off Topic

SHMBO hates my purse. Well, actually, she likes it...She just hates it on me.

When she gripes about being seen in public with me using it, I tell her, "No problem, I'll get rid of it... and get a fanny pack."

Conversation over.

Oddly enough, I've not gotten the response from my knuckle-dragging-redneck co-workers I expected. When I ask they say it's the "Hangover" movie that changed the cultural perception.:2cool:

17. DeanMachine

DeanMachine Full Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Chicago
    Yeah, I remember getting crap in Ohio about 7 years ago for rocking messenger bags. Sometimes guys have crap they want to have on them too. Bags are bags as long as you're not sporting pink sequens and a thin strap.

I moved to Chicago at the time, and all they guys/business men had them. It's even more acceptable 7 years later. If people are judging you bc of this, you live in too small of a town. (not meant as an insult)

18. Trips1103

Trips1103 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2011
    North Carolina
    What about a small backpack type of bag?

Bape Ape Head Patch Day Bag | The Carry

It's not what you were originally looking for, but it's suitable. I'm female, and I'm looking for a backpack type carrier for my own things. I'm tired of having to hold a purse or have it slip off my shoulder. These are a bit masculine though, so their not my style.

19. Hondo69

Hondo69 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    When in doubt . . .

[​IMG]

20. Tersur

Tersur Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2011
    Bfe Kentucky
    I just ordered a man purse off Amazon. Ill post pics and a link if it meets my needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.