Help me pick my next mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unseen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Michigan
I am currently using a Vamo V2. I want to get give it to my friend who is a chain smoker and sadly is out of a job. He enjoys vaping but doesn't have the funds to support it right now. So I'm planning on giving him my Vamo and some Mini Nova's that i'm awaiting (vape mail woot). With that said I want to order a new mod as soon as possible. The faster it comes the faster he quits the analogs. With that said i'll give you a few things i'm looking for and mods I have checked out.

Evic- Seems nice but maybe too high tech for me. I also don't know if it will fit my Panasonic CGR18650CH 2250mah battery - Button Top batteries.
Provari- Price isn't a big deal to me as long as it isn't over the 300 dollar mark. Looks sick, reviews are awesome. No variable wattage has turned me off thus far.
Innokin MVP- Telescoping mod, that's bigger then a telescope. That kinda threw me off.

I am open to more suggestions. I vape at about 11 watts on a 2.5 OHM pro tank. I am also not afraid of a box mod whats so ever. I think box mods are pretty wicked. Only thing scaring me from the box mod is the fact that I work 12 hours a day and don't think it will be able to last me 16 hours of battery that I need. Any suggestions are welcome and I appreciate every ones insight.:vapor:

Last edited:

Unseen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Michigan
Thank you. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday. The Vamo is weird sometimes. If I drop it into VV at like 4.8 or even 5 the vape just isn't the same as at 11 watts or even 10 for that matter. I really wanna pull the trigger on the Provari or a sweet box mod soon. I feel bad for my best friend of 20 years smoking those things. His money is tight and has dropped from 2 packs a day to less then 1 which is good but still not good enough.

Unseen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Michigan
The ProVari is great. But I think kinda overpriced.
OldSoldier is a mod on ECF.
But you might like the guy with a similar handle to yours?
He'll probably move this thread soon!

Being new here I had no clue where to post this. I will look into the Oldsoldier thank you for the advice brother.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
I Taste MVP is not a telescoping mod. I have a few VW mods and its pretty much just hype....just vape at the voltage where you get the best vapor, throat hit and taste.

If you're using a mech mod just wrap a coil at the ohms you need for your perfect vape.

Segeli Zmax or a Provari, imo.

9mods001.jpg

EdCal

Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Long Beach, CA
My experience with selecting Mods:

1st - Z Max - wanted a variable and Provari seemed too expensive at the moment
. Didn't like the 10 second cutoff and unable to run low ohm RBA's

2nd - Provari - love the build and the weight
. Didn't like the size, seemed too long to be portable, unable to run low ohm RBA's

3rd - Gus Telescopic - love the small stealthy size, great for RBA's
. Didn't like the bottom button and lock

4th - Atmizoo Roller - Love the simple smooth look, the small size, & the side button, great for RBA's
. Don't like that sometimes I get a mis fire or delayed fire other then that, love this mod, use it everyday

5th - Nzonic - love the build and the look, strong bottom button w/easy lock, great for RBA's
. Not used to bottom buttons other then that love this mod

I just recently purchased a new Wrap for my Z Max and its back in rotation, haha I use all my mods and love em all =)

KimInUT

Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
United States
If price is not a factor then I would go for the Provari. I love both of mine. I also own an e-vic and don't care for it at all, it has been replaced twice for button problems. One wouldn't always fire and the other one the fire button would stick until it hit the cutoff and the I would have to take the battery out and put it back in before it would fire again. I have never had any problems with the ProV. I even slammed my full-size one in the car door three days after I got it and the only thing to come away with any damage was my poor car door. I haven't tried the other mods your looking at but between the Provari and the e-Vic it is the ProV hands down for me.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    11 watts is no problem with a Provari. I'm doing it right now.
    R = 1.5
    I = 2.7
    V = 4.1
    P = 11

11 watts is 11 watts, it doesn't matter what math formula you use to get there.

If you're changing heads constantly VW has it's place, and is nice to have. If you're going all day with the same head on the same PV it becomes redundant.

With a 1.5 ohm head if 11 watts and 4.1v taste different on your PV it only means that the chip set in the PV is a piece of junk.

Last edited:

Unseen

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 13, 2013
    Michigan
    11 watts is no problem with a Provari. I'm doing it right now.
    R = 1.5
    I = 2.7
    V = 4.1
    P = 11

11 watts is 11 watts, it doesn't matter what math formula you use to get there.

If you're changing heads constantly VW has it's place, and is nice to have. If you're going all day with the same head on the same PV it becomes redundant.

With a 1.5 ohm head if 11 watts and 4.1v taste different on your PV it only means that the chip set in the PV is a piece of junk.

I wouldn't doubt for one second that the vamo isn't as accurate as a Provari. I am looking hard into the Provari right now actually :)

Susaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2009
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I'd go with a Zmax Telescope. Search a little, you can get it for 80 something dollars. The fact that you can get 5 different battery configs (18350, 18490, 18500, 18650, stacked 18350) and adjust so that it doesn't rattle is a big plus. Also you can set any eGo cone threading clearo, including T3s. A hefty mod, really heavy but well worth it... Genuine Sigelei ZMax V3 Variable Volt Telescope Mod

You can put an 18350 tube into an eVic as the one on my avatar. I like it because it enables me to use it as a passthrough if I need it. I have both and it's a wonderful setup for me now!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread