HELP ME PICK OUT NEW STARTER KIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

julesb

Feb 16, 2013
Dallas, Texas
I have been shopping online forever, and cannot seem to find the right starter kit. My preferences may sound weird to a lot of you who are more experienced vapers.

I have been vaping for 6 years, but I have never gotten into anything more complex than a stick/tube vaporizer. I like it to be small enough to fit in my tiny purse, and I want simplicity. I have never had a tank with air holes, a mod, or a variable voltage battery. I am not opposed to any of that, I would just need to learn how they work.

I could care less about the cloud it makes. Actually, I would prefer a smaller cloud if possible. My main concern is how hot the vape is. If it heats up too easily, it is out of the question. I like coils AT LEAST 1.5 ohm, so nothing that works best with anything lower.

I am currently using the Endura T-18, but I really have never liked it. The coils seriously suck and burn so quickly, no matter where I purchase them from. And it gets hot after my 2nd drag. I like to buy 2 at a time and my budget is about $100....so $50 each max. I don't really want another Innokin, bc I dislike this one so much, I am wary to try any others. Sooooo, got any ideas?!?!

**EDIT**
I found a couple that seem decent. Do any of you know anything about these? With the Baby Beast, can I vape MTL?

The Kanger SUBVOD with: Kanger SUBVOD Battery, and Kanger TOPTANK Nano

AND

The SMOKTech Stick V8 2000 Battery with TFV8 Baby Beast

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: smacuser

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
You might look at Jac Vapor. JAC Vapour | JAC Vapour I have one of their more complex mods (DNA 75) that you do not want. However, ff the quality of the starter stuff is the same as what I use then you might be well served. Take a look, see what you and others on here think.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, you kind of have nowhere to go but up, honestly. I'm not a fan of fixed airflow and wattage, not even a little bit. I'd say that Jac-B is a great one battery mod at a reasonable price, that is pretty much known to be foolproof, once you learn how it works (plenty of online tutorials around). Wattage is a simple as priming your coil at a low wattage, and then raising it by increments until you find a vape temperature/flavor that you like. The Jac-B also does temperature control well, if and when you ever want to get into that.

If you really like tubestyle mods you could always buy a used provari, it sounds like with your resistance choices you really don't need a lot of power. You'd probably be able to find a used one somewhere, although they can tend to be pricy.

The Jac-B does have really small form factor in the hand. I don't own one but I have heard nice things about it.

As far as MTL tanks that offer resistance ranges of the type you like, you could consider a Nautilus 2, it's the updated nautilus that still uses the 1.8 or 0.7 coil, there is also a 1.6 nautilus coil that is actually my favorite. Others would include the Nicolas Vapefly tank, which has slightly more adjustable airflow, for better flavor (still with the Nautilus coil) you could look into getting a Kabuki clone from Fasttech,, it has more capacity and gets better flavor from those coils than the N2 does. I would start with a clone though, to see how you like the tank. It's bottom fill and not for everyone. The Zenith is a nice, easy to use topfill tank with large capacity (although it is also large in diameter). It has a 1.6 coil option and a 0.8 coil option. It's not going to fit on a tube style mod or the Jac_B however, that is unlikely.

If you decide you want to get into RTAs, where you build to your own preferences, there are several newer tanks that are good, and fairly easy to set up. The Vandy vape berserker has a very tight draw, one of the tightest out there and great flavor, and the Ares is also a great MTL flavor RTA, as is the Siren V2 (that one tends to be the airiest IMO).

Best of luck, I hope that you are able to find something that you like.

Anna

julesb

Feb 16, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Well, you kind of have nowhere to go but up, honestly. I'm not a fan of fixed airflow and wattage, not even a little bit. I'd say that Jac-B is a great one battery mod at a reasonable price, that is pretty much known to be foolproof, once you learn how it works (plenty of online tutorials around). Wattage is a simple as priming your coil at a low wattage, and then raising it by increments until you find a vape temperature/flavor that you like. The Jac-B also does temperature control well, if and when you ever want to get into that.

If you really like tubestyle mods you could always buy a used provari, it sounds like with your resistance choices you really don't need a lot of power. You'd probably be able to find a used one somewhere, although they can tend to be pricy.

The Jac-B does have really small form factor in the hand. I don't own one but I have heard nice things about it.

As far as MTL tanks that offer resistance ranges of the type you like, you could consider a Nautilus 2, it's the updated nautilus that still uses the 1.8 or 0.7 coil, there is also a 1.6 nautilus coil that is actually my favorite. Others would include the Nicolas Vapefly tank, which has slightly more adjustable airflow, for better flavor (still with the Nautilus coil) you could look into getting a Kabuki clone from Fasttech,, it has more capacity and gets better flavor from those coils than the N2 does. I would start with a clone though, to see how you like the tank. It's bottom fill and not for everyone. The Zenith is a nice, easy to use topfill tank with large capacity (although it is also large in diameter). It has a 1.6 coil option and a 0.8 coil option. It's not going to fit on a tube style mod or the Jac_B however, that is unlikely.

If you decide you want to get into RTAs, where you build to your own preferences, there are several newer tanks that are good, and fairly easy to set up. The Vandy vape berserker has a very tight draw, one of the tightest out there and great flavor, and the Ares is also a great MTL flavor RTA, as is the Siren V2 (that one tends to be the airiest IMO).

Best of luck, I hope that you are able to find something that you like.

Anna

You are awesome! Thank you for all of the different options and info. I am going to check these out and see if I can find something I like <3

Reactions: stols001

julesb

Feb 16, 2013
Dallas, Texas
You might look at Jac Vapor. JAC Vapour | JAC Vapour I have one of their more complex mods (DNA 75) that you do not want. However, ff the quality of the starter stuff is the same as what I use then you might be well served. Take a look, see what you and others on here think.

Thank you for the rec. I haven't even heard of Jac before. I'll take a look at the site you gave!

julesb

Feb 16, 2013
Dallas, Texas
I'd go Eleaf Pico 25 and a Nautilus. Bunch of adjustability with the mod and a tank with widely available coils. Uwell Crown might do ya too. I don't do drop in coils so others probably have more/ better suggestions.

I have heard good things about the Nautilus before, but I haven't checked it out yet. That is on my list now! Eleaf kind of made me nervous though lol. It is a brand I am completely unfamiliar with. But the majority of the reviews I have seen are positive.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I can't help but agree with not getting an Innokin mod. My primary complaint is that most of them use built in batteries, which I do not like at all. However I have heard good things about their Zenith tank for those that like an easy to fill, easy to use MTL style tank. It does have a 1.6ohm coil option and probably one of the best top fill designs in the business. When you rotate the top cap to fill, it closes off the juice flow to the coil so there is absolutely no leaking when filling. From what I have heard the coils last fairly well too. This is a 24mm diameter tank, so if you go with this, make sure the mod you choose will fit it. They do have a SS coil option as well should you decide to limit your vapor by temperature instead of watts. I personally build my own coils so I have not used this tank.

EDIT: OK so apparently the SS coil is not available, at least not yet. I am pretty sure I heard they are planning one though.

Here is a review of the tank.

Last edited:

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
My favorite current device is the innokin EZ watt. I've never had a dry hit or burnt coils... and the coils seem to last me about 2 weeks using pretty thick juices.
You have the option of using either a: 1.5 ohm coil at the suggested wattage setting of 13-14 or the 0.8 ohm coil at 16-18 watts. The kit comes with both coils. Like you, I always thought I would prefer just the higher ohm coils... but truth be told, the 0.8 ohm is pretty damn good as well. Both coils delivery a great tasting MTL hit.

Changing wattage settings is easy, there's really only 4 options with the supplied coils. As a bonus, it provides two higher wattage settings of 30-35 watts to be used with the slipstream tank if you ever want to dry DL hits.

I haven't tried the slipstream tank yet, but I plan on testing it later on.

Just my $0.02.

L8r,
M.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Based on what you've been using, and your comments about what you'd like (tiny purse friendly, easy to use, ohms of 1.5 or higher, etc.), I'd recommend any of these:

Council of Vapor Mini Volt 40W mod, with a simple Aspire K1 (use with a 510/eGo adapter) or a K2 tank on it. The tanks use the Aspire 1.6 and 1.8 ohm coils that last a good while and are pretty inexpensive for a box of 5.

Eleaf 20W or 30W mod. Could use either of the same K1 or K2 tanks, or a large variety of others that are very simple and take the higher ohm coils (ie. older Protank versions, Aerotanks, Evod reg. or Evod Glass, etc.). Coils for all of those are still readily available, are very inexpensive, and are easy to replace.

I also agree with a previous poster about a Provari 2.5 tube mod if you can find one. They're very high-quality, reliable, and they accept any tank with a 510 connection and/or an eGo connection if you use a 510/eGo adapter.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
All of the Beast tanks are cloud chuckers. They don't even warm up below 20 Watts.

The subvod is Ok. Kanger tanks rock but their mods... meh.

The Picos are solid, reliable and versatile. I have a house full of'em. But their +/- buttons are on the very bottom and some folks don't like that. If you're a set and forget kind of vaper, that's not a problem. If you're a fiddler and constantly want to tinker with settings you're better with something else.

Pretty much anything made by Eleaf over the last two years would be reliable. Eleaf has plenty of users here and you almost never see a post complainiong about one going belly up.

Reactions: LyLyV

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I'd suggest to do one of the following
1) get a good regulated mod with interchangeable batteries and a mtl tank of your choice.
The pico is pretty small and versatile, you'll be able to choose from a big range of tanks and make them work to your liking. Zenith, Nautilus, Kabuki, Nicolas are pretty good options already.

2) get a refillable mtl pod kit like this, they are getting pretty good right now
Suorin iShare Ultra Portable System Starter Kit | Ultra Portable Kits
it'll have no learning curve, be easy to transport and it'll get you over the day

Personally I'm not a big fan of builtin LiPo batteries, you can rarely adjust anything to your liking and they're on the more unsafe side of our mods. If you use one then rather one in a plastic housing, like in that light pod system, than a bigger one that's enclosed in a metal tube.

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
Have you used one of these? I was looking at them earlier, I am just wondering about the coils and how long they last. It seems like a pretty simple device, which I like
I use an Ego One AIO for when I go out so I don't have to carry a big mod around. It's a wonderful little device. Uses 1ohm and .5ohm coils, and is good for MTL. It's extremely simple to use, and the coils do last a long time (at least, they have for me when I have needed to use the device over extended periods of time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread