Help me please Innokin T18 Let Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devlin121

Feb 6, 2017
Hi

After xmas I decided to chuck the roll ups and try vaping. I purchased a endura t18 and in my excitement didn't prime the first coil and it didn't work. After some youtube research I got it right with the 2nd coil and vaped happily for 3 weeks. Then the coil wore out so ordered a set from amazon prime it tasted foul. I went back and read the feedback turned out they where fakes. So I located an ebay seller who said he sold the real deal. First one worked a treat another 2 weeks of happy vaping. The next 4 where like burnt cotton and same story with a whole new box of 5.

Total cash wasted so far

£25 Pen
£25 eliquid 50/50
£16 coils

The thing has now been thrown in the bin where it belongs. What I need from you guys is some advice on a reliable vape that I can take out in the car/pubs etc.

- Portability is a must
- No cotton wicks
- Advice on correct juice your recommendation please, my fav flavours are Apple or Banana.
- Something not to over the top feature wise. I just want to fill up and smoke. I am not worried about sending smoke signals to the moon. Just want a nice clean smoke.
- Not concerned about price

I really hope someone can help me out. As I am now back on the cigs as a result of this poor quality device.

God bless ! Dev

Devlin121

Feb 6, 2017
"Cash wasted so far",, was the ejuice bad too?

As far as coils, Q/C is spotty. You did get a few good ones.

Eleaf has a good lineup of Mods..

Thanks for the reply each time I primed the new wicks. I had to fill the tank up hence why it all got poured down the sink after. The design of the that crap pen is such that all the juice comes out when you change the coil.

Excuse my ignorance what does q/c mean ? The only good ones I got where the original and one out of 10 of the new packs. I will take a look at eleaf though thanks.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Yes, sorry about your bad luck, sometimes things go wrong, please the calling of cigs are so strong! Maybe try the eLeaf Pico kit, very nice small steathy and can control your wattage! Most coils contain cotton! You should also be using only kanthal. Try to find coils at 1.0Ω or above, much nicer vape for a newbie and buy them from trusted sites!
At least with a mod like the Pico that you can control the wattage, you can break in the coil slower and much better, the tank is OK and the coils are cheap and easy to find!
You would have to purchase separate 18650 batteries, and should invest in a charger too, so you can charge a battery while vaping the other.
I do not see vape gear as a waste of money, it might not be right for you for now, but at least you have it even for a backup!
Cigarettes are a lot of money and look where all that money goes- bam into the garbage can- talk about waste!

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Thanks for the reply each time I primed the new wicks. I had to fill the tank up hence why it all got poured down the sink after. The design of the that crap pen is such that all the juice comes out when you change the coil.

Excuse my ignorance what does q/c mean ? The only good ones I got where the original and one out of 10 of the new packs. I will take a look at eleaf though thanks.
Quality control.
People complain about factory coils every day here.
I don't use those types of tanks, but people really like the Nautilus atomizer with a huge array of coils for it..

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You didn't really bin the battery and the e-liquid did you?

As for factory coils; believe what you will. I use factory coils all the time and never have any bother from them other than Joyetech AIO/Cubis.

You can cut off your nose to spite your face getting started with e-cigs.

and since I am speaking my mind (sorry about that)... I agree on the Mini Nautilus. It's tried and tested.
I don't like the Melo III with the Pico and although the Pico is good, there are plenty of other tanks if you just want to buy the mod itself.

PS - nearly everything has cotton wicks. You can acquire silica old school clearomizers if you really want to, but they are not as good.

PPS - I hope you got a refund for the fake coils if such a thing is possible to prove. Too many crooks on ebay/Amazon. It used to be said "Never buy off ebay or Amazon" and I am beginning to think we were too early to trust the type of seller.

There are products on sale today on Amazon with incorrect descriptions and actually selling something which is completely not the product it claims to be. Do Amazon want to know? Not at all. They allow people to carry on and have never take any interest in people reporting misleading and/or blatantly wrong information. I gave up over two years ago pointing out people were up to no good.

It's a strange world.

Devlin121

Feb 6, 2017
You didn't really bin the battery and the e-liquid did you?

As for factory coils; believe what you will. I use factory coils all the time and never have any bother from them other than Joyetech AIO/Cubis.

You can cut off your nose to spite your face getting started with e-cigs.

and since I am speaking my mind (sorry about that)... I agree on the Mini Nautilus. It's tried and tested.
I don't like the Melo III with the Pico and although the Pico is good, there are plenty of other tanks if you just want to buy the mod itself.

PS - nearly everything has cotton wicks. You can acquire silica old school clearomizers if you really want to, but they are not as good.

PPS - I hope you got a refund for the fake coils if such a thing is possible to prove. Too many crooks on ebay/Amazon. It used to be said "Never buy off ebay or Amazon" and I am beginning to think we were too early to trust the type of seller.

There are products on sale today on Amazon with incorrect descriptions and actually selling something which is completely not the product it claims to be. Do Amazon want to know? Not at all. They allow people to carry on and have never take any interest in people reporting misleading and/or blatantly wrong information. I gave up over two years ago pointing out people were up to no good.

It's a strange world.

No I didn't bin the eliquid I wasted most of it trying to prime those useless coils. To be honest I bought a few sets of mixed flavours from company called thorvap. Somewhere really tasty, some where sickly sweet and some just tasted of nothing. I wasn't really upset about wasting the liquid as I just wanted to experiment and find some nice flavours.

Lucky I didn't chuck the battery part as it can be dangerous to chuck those in general garbage, as they can explode. So its still here sitting in the box I take it I can just buy a tank like the Mini Nautilus mentioned and screw it straight in? I have seen they all seem to use a connection called 510 or something similar.

Thanks for telling me most coils are cotton I assumed there would be alternatives but if there the best then so be it. Maybe I will have better luck with another brand. Joyetech was one I had come across (VTC Mini kit) but I will keep away from that now.

I did return the fake coils to amazon it was only £6 but its a real con to rip off people like that. I assumed amazon prime would be the real deal goods, but in reality they just stock the fakes these sellers pass on to them. As you said they couldn't care less.

Thanks for taking time out to reply to me.

Dev

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks for taking time out to reply to me.

Dev

No problem.

You could consider the mini Nautilus on the Innokin battery. The "Endura" coils (those which are not working for you) are 1.5ohm so 1.6ohm mini Nautilus BVC should be very close in power.

Actually, in a way it's a good match. The T18 was intended to vape at 14 watts with the 1.5ohm, so I would imagine the vapor would be almost the same.

Reactions: redeuce

Devlin121

Feb 6, 2017
No problem.

You could consider the mini Nautilus on the Innokin battery. The "Endura" coils (those which are not working for you) are 1.5ohm so 1.6ohm mini Nautilus BVC should be very close in power.

Actually, in a way it's a good match. The T18 was intended to vape at 14 watts with the 1.5ohm, so I would imagine the vapor would be almost the same.

That's great thanks going to order one now and give it a try. Just a quick question would I be better off with 70/30 juice or 50/50 with that setup?

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Never buy coils from Amazon or EBAY, IMO. Why did you dump the juice, can't you just unscrew the bottom and dump whats left back in the bottle? After prime coils do you wait 10+ mins as well? I used to prime them by putting a couple drops in each opening, go around twice then wait awhile. They are huge with a ton of packed cotton, take awhile to get soaked.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
That's great thanks going to order one now and give it a try. Just a quick question would I be better off with 70/30 juice or 50/50 with that setup?

I use both those ratio e-liquids. I would veer away from 50/50 in a high power rig.
I prefer more VG for a dripper (30-60 watts) but keep the 50/50 for standard atomizers.
In all honesty, vaping in a tank I keep the power down.
The mini Nautilus doesn't mind 70% VG but you might not quite get to 14 or 15 watts and it can do over 15 or more (just about) with higher PG.

I did check out Thorvap (Amazon) and I'm not sure quite what's going on. They are selling 'versions' of Eleaf and Joyetech products except Eleaf and Joyetech are very protective of their products. They could be straight clones or they could be 'back door/re-branded' from one of the factories.

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

Muru

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I am truly sorry your experience with the endura didn't work out for you. Innokin is known for being a very good brand that pays a lot of attention to safety and user friendliness. The endura kit was designed with the smoker in mind and their attention to detail really speaks to me, even though I am a Kanger fangirl.

Now....let's just man up, stop blaming your going back to smoking on your ecig and see if we can fix your problem. I assume you chose Amazon to save a few bucks, yes? How about you find a legit Innokin reseller to buy your coils from? I am sure someone can give you a couple of links to online USa-based vapeshops. Or, go to Fasttech and order 'authentic' endura (or prism-) coils if you must save some bucks and have patience to wait a couple of weeks. Those are as promised the real Innokin coils.
Just give that tank another chance, because the flavour is much better than I've experienced for a long time in these types of tanks (the non-rebuildable type I mean).
Deal?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I am truly sorry your experience with the endura didn't work out for you. Innokin is known for being a very good brand that pays a lot of attention to safety and user friendliness. The endura kit was designed with the smoker in mind and their attention to detail really speaks to me, even though I am a Kanger fangirl.

It's disappointing. The T18 was/is/can be? the leading device. Should be minimal fuss.

Muru

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
It's disappointing. The T18 was/is/can be? the leading device. Should be minimal fuss.
It can never be a leading device in the EU unfortunately, because it's not tpd-compliant. But for other markets (or if a tpd-compliant version comes out) it can be. Especially if one purchases the right coils that go with it ;)

Romenov

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Ordered fake items from Amazon is a sad story, I think there should be scratch code label on each authentic Innokin items, you may check and verify, but I know some vendors will remove the label because they bought them and sold to the marketplaces that they're not authorized to do that.

Joyetech EGO AIO pen is one of the best device to get started with, but it's still with cotton, if you really don't want cotton coils, try Vaporesso brand, they have ceramic coil devices.

Reactions: Devlin121

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I use the the T18's bigger brother, the T22 and have been very happy with it. It uses the same coils, so I'm not sure what is happening with your coils, unless the second batch were fakes, as well. I just pop in a coil, let it sit for 10 minutes and vape away for 2-3 weeks. I really think these are some of the best MTL tanks on the market. I've been using mine for 5 months and I have only had one or two bad coils in that time. Not bad at all.

As others have said, Pico good, Melo III not so good.

Romenov

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
I use both those ratio e-liquids. I would veer away from 50/50 in a high power rig.
I prefer more VG for a dripper (30-60 watts) but keep the 50/50 for standard atomizers.
In all honesty, vaping in a tank I keep the power down.
The mini Nautilus doesn't mind 70% VG but you might not quite get to 14 or 15 watts and it can do over 15 or more (just about) with higher PG.

I did check out Thorvap (Amazon) and I'm not sure quite what's going on. They are selling 'versions' of Eleaf and Joyetech products except Eleaf and Joyetech are very protective of their products. They could be straight clones or they could be 'back door/re-branded' from one of the factories.
I guess they're not rebranded items from the Eleaf or Joyetech, many negative reviews, don't think big names are destroying their reputation of quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread