HELP me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clau

Jun 27, 2009
California, USA
Hi everybody,
I've been a smoker for about 24 years so far, I smoke about 15 cigarettes a day. I've also tried to quit a few times but I have failed. I would like to transition to e-cigarettes but there's a lot of choices in the internet and it's so overwhelming trying to decide which one to choose. Could you please help me on choosing the right one? Please, please, please...

I would like: Similar appearence and performance as the regular cigarettes, long lasting on the batteries and gadgets, taste and vapor. I don't know if it is too much to ask for. I live in the Northern California area.

Could anybody help me please...???

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Hi everybody,
I've been a smoker for about 24 years so far, I smoke about 15 cigarettes a day. I've also tried to quit a few times but I have failed. I would like to transition to e-cigarettes but there's a lot of choices in the internet and it's so overwhelming trying to decide which one to choose. Could you please help me on choosing the right one? Please, please, please...

I would like: Similar appearence and performance as the regular cigarettes, long lasting on the batteries and gadgets, taste and vapor. I don't know if it is too much to ask for. I live in the Northern California area.

Start by reading everything you have time to read on this forum.

If you are lucky, and read enough, you may just buy the right one for you the first time around.
And that would make you a rare individual indeed.

I started with an NPro, mostly because I wanted it to look like a real cigarette.
And the fact that I could pick one up at nearby Pilot Travel Center played a big part as well.

Now I use a 510 with a manual battery, because it just works better.
And now I actually think it looks way cooler too.
:cool:

Last edited:

superwombat

May 14, 2009
Buy an M401 from ruyandirect.com. It's relatively cheap, it's an effective tested model, once you've used it for a while you will probably want to upgrade to something more exotic, but by that time you'll have a better idea what criteria is really important to you.

At the same time as you order your ecig, order some flavored fluid in a LOW nic concentration (no more than 12mg/ml) Don't think that more is better, more will just make you have a queasy stomach. Also, if you are insistent on a tobacco flavored fluid, feel free, but also purchase something in a non-tobacco flavor. (I would recommend Coffee or Chocolate flavored)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Could you please help me on choosing the right one? Please, please, please...

See KreeL's post:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ion/23754-softer-cartridges-2.html#post380881

I like the control you get with the 510, Dura C. Manual switch activates the atomizer so when you draw the vapor is already right there, just like an analog. The cartridge is 'on top' not down the tube, so filling is easier and more accurate - ie. less juice in the mouth. Downside is battery use. I have three on the chargers, but the upside is the USB passthrough - ie. no need for charging. I've seen spare atty's for as low as $6 (if you buy 5) but average around $8-10.

Had the same question - I bought the Npro, same as D-Cat basically, but through Costco, online. Little more dough but it helped me through the "what's going to really happen with all this" willies, which I have no problem saying I experienced, in spades and in 3-D. Hope you've made your decision and it's working out. I understand the Npro Njoy or RN 4081 (same thing, Npro puts their name on it) isn't necessarily the pick of the litter for all pet owners but....I dig it.

Best wishes for a brighter tomorrow and a swingin' today!

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I understand the Npro Njoy or RN 4081 (same thing, Npro puts their name on it) isn't necessarily the pick of the litter for all pet owners but....I dig it.

The 4081 was the big thing before the newer models and mods came out, but old habits die hard. I'm still happily puffing on my 4081.

Sevenchan

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
Tokyo
Hi everybody,

Hi Clau,

I'm totally new to this myself, but here are my thoughts for what they're worth:
1) The 510 is a good device. I ordered mine from Eastmall.
2) Order some plain glycerine (or zero-nicotine liquid) with your first order, so you can mix it with your juices if you find the nicotine is too strong for you (since you're not a super-heavy smoker this may apply). This happened to me, and now I'm waiting on my glycerine order, while my 510 seductively gazes at me from the shelf! :oops:

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
I've been a smoker for about 24 years so far, I smoke about 15 cigarettes a day. I've also tried to quit a few times but I have failed. I would like to transition to e-cigarettes but there's a lot of choices in the internet and it's so overwhelming trying to decide which one to choose.

E-cigs are not a 'magic bullet' to smoking cessation. You will read of forum members who just quit analog cigarettes shortly after beginning to vape, but many more stories of folks still struggling.

Could you please help me on choosing the right one? Please, please, please...

I would like: Similar appearence and performance as the regular cigarettes, long lasting on the batteries and gadgets, taste and vapor. I don't know if it is too much to ask for.

Many will argue my next points. I smoked more than you did, but found that e-cigs provided maybe 40% of the analog smoking experience for me. Vaporized e-liquid does not taste anything like cigarette smoke. What it does provide is nicotine (in varying concentrations), the hand-to-mouth mechanics of smoking and visual vapor to simulate smoke.

Atomizers last a month or two, battery life is generally mediocre, and USB passthroughs fail at an alarming rate. This is a very hands-on, potentially expensive habit.

If you can find some disposable e-cigs, that may be a good way to get a general idea of how you will like it. VaporGuys carries them, but they are often out of stock. Otherwise, wombat gives good advice to locate a 401 (super mini) model as they are not expensive and meet some of your basic requests for size and style.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
What you want does not exist. FACT: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

If you want it to look like the real thing, then get a DSE084. Unless you have the patience of Job, you will stay with analogs due to frustration.

If you want 6-8 battery life, consistent throat hit and vapor and batteries that cost $2 instead of $13-$20, then you will want a Screwdriver, Prodigy, GG, Janty Stick or LV/Zi Moshi.

tdstrike

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
base of the Wasatch, Utah
I've been in arizona for the last few days doing some landscaping for my mom and I gotta tell you, I'd forgotten how pleasurable the 4081 is. Brought all my gear down with me to show a couple of retired friends of my moms, one being my super mini, the other a 901 (as well as a couple of my personal mods), these old guys fell in love with these devices.
I've been using my 4081 while I've been out in the yard landscaping, and it's like old times being able to hold my smoke in my mouth while I work with shovel in hand. Once you learn the quirks of the smaller devices, they are a pleasure to use, sometimes some of the more experienced vapors forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread