Help me spend my money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The SERIES-B DNA 75W Box Mod | JAC Vapour These have been mentioned with positive feedback
I love mine. I got the original 22mm with the black rubberized paint finish. I use it all day, in and out of the house. After about a month, the paint finish started to show some wear. I got a vinyl skin wrap from Vapor Skinz to correct this issue.

I love the mod so much that I got the new 25mm with the sandstone finish for my son for Christmas. It's not paint, but looks and feels like it is a brushed anodized aluminum. I believe this finish will be much more durable.

Not really a caveat, but if you pack this mod in a pocket or purse, make sure that you turn the mod off first. The fire button is on the sensitive side. Clicking 5 times turns the mod on or off.

images
upload_2018-1-8_16-54-28.jpeg
images
images

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
20 clicks on the power button will tell you what version the mod is.

20 clicks on the power button?!?!?! Wow check that a few times and the button is going to be worn out. Don't miscount and click 21 times or it clears the screen and you have to start over? :lol:

Reactions: stols001

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
The Innokin SVD2.0 has the Evolv DNA chip, and it's still available at a few websites in the US for around $19.99 or less.

That monster is capable of chucking at 6.3V at 1.98 ohms

:danger:

To put in perspective how old that thing is, all the youtube review videos are in black and white.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I love mine. I got the original 22mm with the black rubberized paint finish. I use it all day, in and out of the house. After about a month, the paint finish started to show some wear. I got a vinyl skin wrap from Vapor Skinz to correct this issue.

I love the mod so much that I got the new 25mm with the sandstone finish for my son for Christmas. It's not paint, but looks and feels like it is a brushed anodized aluminum. I believe this finish will be much more durable.

Not really a caveat, but if you pack this mod in a pocket or purse, make sure that you turn the mod off first. The fire button is on the sensitive side. Clicking 5 times turns the mod on or off.

images
View attachment 711365
images
images

+1 for this, I got one for my wife a few months back. It is a fine regulated mod. If you order the device only, there is no shipping from England.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
+1 for this, I got one for my wife a few months back. It is a fine regulated mod. If you order the device only, there is no shipping from England.
JAC Vapour obviously put a lot of thought into this device. It really reminds me of a powerful mini Provari with its excellent build quality and performance. The Provari was also known for its exceptional micochip, comparable to those made by Evolv. Anyone remember this old thread?

The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I agree. My wife vapes in the same way she uses a car. Start and go, the maintenance is my responsibility. The JAC is perfect for her to use without complication. It is good for me, a little alcohol wipe periodically, change the battery every two days (whether it really needs it or not) - periodic rebuild of the Erlkonigin and she loves it.

JAC Vapour obviously put a lot of thought into this device. It really reminds me of a powerful mini Provari with its excellent build quality and performance. The Provari was also known for its exceptional micochip, comparable to those made by Evolv. Anyone remember this old thread?

Why Mods that Use the Cheap 33.3 Hz Chip don't Vape the Same as a Provari, DNA-20, etc

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
That monster is capable of chucking at 6.3V at 1.98 ohms

:danger:

To put in perspective how old that thing is, all the youtube review videos are in black and white.

You know, when reading someone else's suggestion on here, pretty much everyone else either just (a) doesn't comment on it at all if they didn't agree with it, and/or (b) gives a suggestion of their own to the OP, and/or (c) puts on their Big Boy pants and says simply that in their opinion it wouldn't be their own choice. You chose none of those. :facepalm:

I mentioned the Innokin SVD2.0 because the OP said he had "been rocking an eGo AIO", several had mentioned Innokin as a good mod brand, and that an Evolv DNA chip was good. I also know that at least 3-4 other regular ECF posters have and really like their SVD2.0, and have even stocked up on them. So, just because a mod is an older style and videos about it may be (as you say) in black and white...doesn't make it a bad option for everyone, just because it wouldn't be your own choice for you! Gee...come to think of it, most Provape mods would fit in that same category, since they're older, less powerful mods, too, but...I'd still suggest them to some people, too.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Op also said:

Everything is bigger and better than an ego aio for goodness sake. ..

The svd2.0 is a DNA 20 watt device (VARIABLE WATTAGE) which takes an external 18650 battery and will sit any mtl topper one might like... all the way around its a bigger and better mod than an ego aio....

And quite probably all the mod the OP will ever actually need -and what's more, it's the logical next step up from an aio without needing a few courses in order to use.

Last edited:

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Everything is bigger and better than an ego aio for goodness sake. ..

The SVD 2.0 is a DNA 20 watt device (VARIABLE WATTAGE) which takes an external 18650 battery... all the way around its a bigger and better mod than an ego aio....

And quite probably all the mod the OP will ever actually need -and what's more, it's the logical next step up from an aio.

The Ego AiO has a maximum wattage output of 30W when using 0.5 coils. It is effectively more powerful than a 4 year old 20W VV mod.

While it's true that the SVD is appropriate for some users, if he is using a 30W device and wants to go 'bigger' I think it's safe to assume he wants something that can power a coil with <0.5 ohm resistance OR >30W. The SVD 2.0 cannot do either of these.

The SVD 2.0 has a manufacturer suggested range of 0.5-5.0 ohms and has a lower voltage output (0.5 @ 20W vs 0.5 @ 30W).

I'm sure you know all of this anyways given the fact that you're an experienced user.

Surprised though to see you think the SVD 2.0 is an upgrade for someone already using something 50% more powerful.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The Ego AiO has a maximum wattage output of 30W when using 0.5 coils. It is effectively more powerful than a 20W VV mod.

While it's true that the SVD is appropriate for some users, if he is using a 30W device and wants to go 'bigger' I think it's safe to assume he wants something that can power a coil with <0.5 ohm resistance OR >30W. The SVD 2.0 cannot do either of these.

The SVD 2.0 has a manufacturer suggested range of 0.5-5.0 ohms and has a lower voltage output (0.5 @ 20W vs 0.5 @ 30W).

I'm sure you know all of this anyways given the fact that you're an experienced user.

Surprised though to see you think the SVD 2.0 is an upgrade for someone already using something 50% more powerful.

I think when you can use any topper and any coil you like with the svd, you have the potential to get a lot more satisfaction (nicotine and vapor-wise) than with whatever those stock coils come with that ego.

I recently put someone on an svd2.0 from an aio device and it opened a door for them and helped them put down the smokes for good... (last I heard)

So yeah - I don't think it's at all a bad suggestion... all .5 ohm coils are not made alike, as I'm sure you know.

I would rather see a little growing room for someone, but lots of times money and ease of use are ignored when they shouldn't be.

Learning variable wattage and attys is a lot, and a good starting place... when people learn those right, more people find plenty of satisfaction in vaping, even at lower wattages. When learning takes a back seat to the latest and greatest new gadget, then its the smokers who suffer most.

So no... I absolutely see no purpose in jumping up and down disagreeing with someone who likely has more experience than you and did not in the least make a poor suggestion.

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
May be a little out of your price range, but look into a mod that utilizes a DNA chip set. DNA chips are made by Evolv and are a little more expensive because of patents. These chips are IMHO superior to generic chip sets. They are more reliable and more energy efficient as to their battery management and overall performance.

I've used a three-battery mod (Wisemic RX200) and a dual-battery mod (Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus), and only got a day's use of battery time with each mod using Samsung 30Q 20A 3000mah batteries. I'm not a high wattage vaper, just 30-40 watts. So I was pretty disappointed with their battery life.

I'm currently using a JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w mod that uses a single 18650. I get a full days use with a Samsung30Q 20A 3000mah battery (same 30 - 40 watts). I attribute this to the DNA chip set. The mod costs a little more, but to me a DNA mod is well worth it in the long run. User reviews are all excellent.

I use an original Uwell Crown clearomizer tank on my Jackie. IMHO, this is the most versatile clearomizer on the market. You can use standard coils (1.25 ohm) or sub-ohm coils. It has a wide range of air control via the ratcheted air control ring for either MTL or DTL vapers. 4 ml liquid capacity. Easy top fill.

It's funny but i was just writing today how the DNA chip has fell behind. for me in 2017 and coming from the outside look of testing well over 50 mods in 2017 I felt the best chips were aspire and vaporesso

also just to point out the DNA75 chip is notorious for having a low efficiency that themselves claim at 85% while most mods are over 90%

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
It's funny but i was just writing today how the DNA chip has fell behind. for me in 2017 and coming from the outside look of testing well over 50 mods in 2017 I felt the best chips were aspire and vaporesso

also just to point out the DNA75 chip is notorious for having a low efficiency that themselves claim at 85% while most mods are over 90%

I don't use DNA chips for efficiency. I use them for accuracy and smooth TC mode. Too many other mods have accuracy issues and just aren't as smooth in TC mode as the DNA boards are.

Gotta have priorities.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I think when you can use any topper and any coil you like with the svd, you have the potential to get a lot more satisfaction (nicotine and vapor-wise) than with whatever those stock coils come with that ego.

I recently put someone on an svd2.0 from an aio device and it opened a door for them and helped them put down the smokes for good... (last I heard)

So yeah - I don't think it's at all a bad suggestion... all .5 ohm coils are not made alike, as I'm sure you know.

I would rather see a little growing room for someone, but lots of times money and ease of use are ignored when they shouldn't be.

Learning variable wattage and attys is a lot, and a good starting place... when people learn those right, more people find plenty of satisfaction in vaping, even at lower wattages.

You're absolutely right. The #1 concern is to keep this guy off cigarettes.

Let's take a look at the issues he wants to fix:

1) Something Bigger
2) Something Better
3) Something that won't spray boiling blueberry lemonade on his tongue

Bigger

What is bigger? Are we talking size or power? I'm going to assume power because it's something that is more tangible. Once we have his criteria out, he can pick a form factor that suits him.

Ego AiO power? 30W

Better

Other than power, what could we address here? Build quality? Maybe battery capacity.

Ego AiO capacity? 1500mah

Boiling Blueberry Lemonade

What's the cause of spitback?

Coil properties (usually wicking) which is out of our control (pre-built coils) and the mod being underpowered.

The consensus is that when you vape at a too low wattage, it doesn't properly vaporize the juice. It boils it and it flies into your mouth.

He didn't complain about the vapor production of his mod (at best he's using 0.5 coils), meaning we can assume he wants something that can power 0.5 coils at atleast 4.2V.

Untitled.png

Hey! Look at that. It looks like his main complaint (spitback) is due to the Ego AiO being underpowered @ 30W with a 0.5 ohm coil.

We need >35.28W.

Criteria

We want something that...

>35W
>1500mah

In a form factor and aesthetic that he likes.

Suggestions

Using these inputs in the vapedb, we come up with these results:

Site Search: The Vape Database

These are my 198 suggestions that should satisfy what he's looking for, based on his post.

@fistoroboto just needs to find one in his price range that looks good, then preferably google it to see if it has had issues. If he wants to try using a coil <0.5 ohms, I can adjust the wattage parameters in the search.

I agree. My go to suggestion for new vapers is the Tarot Nano. I feel like 80W is a good place for when they're ready to try new things. The passthrough charging saves needing to buy a charger and batteries. The performance, in my experience, is solid.

If they do decide to upgrade to something like a 2x 18650 mod, the Nano is still useful in that it's a great device to carry outside the home as well.

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I don't use DNA chips for efficiency. I use them for accuracy and smooth TC mode. Too many other mods have accuracy issues and just aren't as smooth in TC mode as the DNA boards are.

Gotta have priorities.
I test mods. DNA mods have not proven to be any more accurate then other chips. matter of fact several cheaper chips outperformed in accuracy.

also as far as temp control i'm a fan myself. the DNA does it great, but in 2017 we seen a ton of affordable ones that are almost as good if not as good as the DNA

at the beginning of 2017 i would have agreed with you, but now at the beginning of 2018 not so much

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
You're absolutely right. The #1 concern is to keep this guy off cigarettes.

Let's take a look at the issues he wants to fix:

1) Something Bigger
2) Something Better
3) Something that won't spray boiling blueberry lemonade on his tongue

Bigger

What is bigger? Are we talking size or power? I'm going to assume power because it's something that is more tangible. Once we have his criteria out, he can pick a form factor that suits him.

Ego AiO power? 30W

Better

Other than power, what could we address here? Build quality? Maybe battery capacity.

Ego AiO capacity? 1500mah

Boiling Blueberry Lemonade

What's the cause of spitback?

Coil properties (usually wicking) which is out of our control (pre-built coils) and the mod being underpowered.

The consensus is that when you vape at a too low wattage, it doesn't properly vaporize the juice. It boils it and it flies into your mouth.

He didn't complain about the vapor production of his mod (at best he's using 0.5 coils), meaning we can assume he wants something that can power 0.5 coils at atleast 4.2V.

View attachment 711603

Hey! Look at that. It looks like his main complaint (spitback) is due to the Ego AiO being underpowered @ 30W with a 0.5 ohm coil.

We need >35.28W.

Criteria

We want something that...

>35W
>1500mah

In a form factor and aesthetic that he likes.

Suggestions

Using these inputs in the vapedb, we come up with these results:

Site Search: The Vape Database

These are my 198 suggestions that should satisfy what he's looking for, based on his post.

@fistoroboto just needs to find one in his price range that looks good, then preferably google it to see if it has had issues. If he wants to try using a coil <0.5 ohms, I can adjust the wattage parameters in the search.

I agree. My go to suggestion for new vapers is the Tarot Nano. I feel like 80W is a good place for when they're ready to try new things. The passthrough charging saves needing to buy a charger and batteries. The performance, in my experience, is solid.

If they do decide to upgrade to something like a 2x 18650 mod, the Nano is still useful in that it's a great device to carry outside the home as well.

Right now I cannot stop laughing at you...

Since no real nice words are coming to mind right now, and a whole lot of sarcasm is ready to spew forth.. I'm going to leave you to your thoughts for the time being..

• Agree
Reactions: JCinFLA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread