Help me switch back to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt98

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
kansas
It's been awhile since I've been to this forum and that's basically because I gave up on vaping long ago. I tried to post in the new member section but it said I didn't have permission (maybe because my account is old?).

Anyways, I'd really like to get back into vaping and actually ditch the cigs. I currently smoke about 1.5 to 2 packs of Marlboro lights a day. I'm looking for some help on what setup I should go with. What I'm looking for is something that is low maintenance, battery lasts 4+ hours and a decent throat hit as those we're all the reasons why I gave up over a year ago. I used to make my own coils and used a drip atty but I'd rather stay away from that. I have no idea what's available these days and where the technology is at.

Money isn't an issue so what would you recommend me to kick the cigs? Also what nicotine level should I start with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    It's been awhile since I've been to this forum and that's basically because I gave up on vaping long ago. I tried to post in the new member section but it said I didn't have permission (maybe because my account is old?).

Anyways, I'd really like to get back into vaping and actually ditch the cigs. I currently smoke about 1.5 to 2 packs of Marlboro lights a day. I'm looking for some help on what setup I should go with. What I'm looking for is something that is low maintenance, battery lasts 4+ hours and a decent throat hit as those we're all the reasons why I gave up over a year ago. I used to make my own coils and used a drip atty but I'd rather stay away from that. I have no idea what's available these days and where the technology is at.

Money isn't an issue so what would you recommend me to kick the cigs? Also what nicotine level should I start with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
    What wattage do you think that you'd like? You'll get over 4hrs on most anything. If this is a For Work setup, what do you want most. Small and light? USB rechargeable?

Welcome back.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    A two battery device with a not too hardcore drop in coil tank would solve your 4 hour and avoiding coils problems. What nic level to use is going to be more of a question. I’d say buy a bottle of 18 or 24mg and a bottle of zero and mix em down to a point that works for you. The new tanks are more juice hungry and produce more vapor which means you generally want a lower nic concentration, but getting my the level that works for you is more important than staying within a standard boundary.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Welcome back....how about a squid industries double barrel mod. Dual 18650 so battery life is all day with a reasonable build, super easy to run and built like a tank. It's kind of a modern day ProVari .
    Maybe a Kabuki or something simple on top.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    What does MTL and DTL mean?
    Mouth To Lung (MTL) is the older traditional style of vape. You pull the smoke into your mouth then inhale that. Much as like one smokes a cigarette.

Direct Lung (DL) is the newer style with a much larger airier atomizer which produces a lot more vapor (and uses a lot more juice) the vape is inhaled directly in a fashion that has been compared to smoking a joint. It is not uncommon for people for whom the older style system did not work for to have success with direct lung systems

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I was thinking more for nic strength. Then a crown tank since it can do both and a Pico.
    Not enough battery on a pico to reliably go all day. His system conking out mid day is apparently one reason he quit last time. You CAN make a pico go all day, particularly with MTL, but it can take some cajoling. A double battery mod simply crushes the possibility of that happening. It WILL go all day if he stays at a reasonable wattage.
    Crown tank may be a good idea though. I’m not very up on drop in coil atomizers.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Thanks everyone. If I can remember right I took deep lung hits with my old device. As far as wattage goes, I don't remember at all. What ever gives a nice TH will make me happy.. lol.
    That won’t work terribly well. Modern systems use more power, which takes more charging. Dual battery mods generally fit fine in a pocket. It’s the triples and quads that get ungainly.

Throat hit is mostly a factor of what juice you use. For high TH you’ll want something heavy on th PG with lots of nicotine.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I don't know if my old posts include what I used right before I quit for good but it was a Kanger(sp?) Subox mini with a drip atty. It gave me all sorts of problems right out of the box.
    Subox minis were kinda famous for that.

My temptation is to recommend a revenger X for the mod, or possibly that squid double barrel mentioned earlier. As for the atty I’m a regular coil guy. I don’t use drop in coils, so I’m sort of in the weeds there. My favorite atty of the moment is an aromamizer 7 plus but it’s a wick and wire tank, and it would only even fit on the revenger, being as it’s huge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread