Help. My sister is a Toodle Puffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm a tootle-puffer, too, and I use a variety of mod and tank types.

This box mod with an internal battery, is a very good mod to step up to after the tube shaped ones. I liked the 1 I have so much that I found and ordered more of them last week from the below link. I love their feel in the hand, their reliability, ease of use, etc. They can also be used for down to 0.3ohms for sub-ohm vaping later. I use mine with any of my Protank Minis, as well as with a KFL+ shorty RBA and other tanks. Company shipped them the next day, and they got here quickly. (They're available on fasttech for about $26, if you don't mind waiting for 2-3 week delivery. Could get her something else to use that's less expensive in the US...while one from FT was on the way.)

Innokin Cool Fire 4 - 40w Box Mod

If she absolutely loves a tube shaped one AND wants an internal rechargable battery...I'd recommend the KangerTech Evod Mega kit. It has a 1900mAh battery (a charge lasts a long while), and it also comes with a 2mL capacity matching tank, and charging cord. With a 510/eGo adapter, she can still use her Protank Mini if she wants to as well. Kit usually runs anywhere from about $9 on clearance - about $26 if not. I've used several for more than a year, and I love them!

Desert Vapes (where I got some of mine) had them in stock at reg. $19.25 for the kit before a discount code was used. But, I just checked and they're out. They DO have just the Evod Mega 1900mAh Batteries though! You'd just need to buy her a Micro USB charger, too, if she doesn't already have 1. Batteries are only available in Black now, reg. $11.95, but with 10% off code (1storder10) = $10.76 each. Tanks are sold out, but to tell you the truth...I took the tanks off mine, used a 510/eGo adapter, and used my PT Minis and others on the batteries. The S/H at Desert Vapes is also very reasonable, and they're a really great company to deal with.

Kanger EVOD Mega 1900

Another tube shaped option that I have and also like...would be the Innokin iTaste CLK 1280. It's VV, 1280mAh internal rechargable battery, max 15W output, and uses 1.2ohms coils at a minimum. Comes with a Micro USB cable, a lanyard, and a beauty ring. Will already accept a 510 connection tank as well as her PT Mini tank. They're readily available for from about $12-25 depending upon discount codes, sales, etc.

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Congrats to your sister for quitting with her current set up. It does look like an innokin vv with pt3 mini.

She obviously lives in an area with limited supply. You might want to consider a mod for the long haul like a provari 2.5 that are on sale now. She'll need batteries and charger but those are good for life.

I love my Nautilus but coils aren't easily rebuilt. The option would be subtank or toptank and she could buy coils or ease into rebuilding with the rba. That would last her many years.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
I have the CoolFire IV, and absolutely love it. It does come with an adapter so she can continue to use her tank if that is what she prefers. My daughter and I switched from Evod Glass to Nautilus Mini tanks last February, and like the Nautilus much better than the ProTank or Evod tanks that we had been using.

When my daughter's VV3 stopped holding a charge last month, I got her an early Christmas present of a Provari 2.5 Mini starter kit. She loves it. Since ProVape has some items on special sale, I invested in 3 of the 2.5s - two for me and one for my daughter as a backup. I also got 2 chargers and 4 batteries. ProVape ships fast - within 24-48 hours for in-stock items.

You might want to have your sister check the charging cord that she is using - my daughter started having an issue with her VV3 charger that came with her unit at first. She switched to a different usb cord, and that fixed the problem for a while. Now it will not hold a charge unless it is used as a pass-through, hence the new equipment for her.

The CoolFire IV and the Provari are both very much user friendly and do not require a lot of fiddling. Perfect for tootle-puffers like my daughter and me.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
She obviously lives in an area with limited supply. You might want to consider a mod for the long haul like a provari 2.5 that are on sale now. She'll need batteries and charger but those are good for life.

Good advice. Just a note batteries will have to be replaced every couple years at 10 to $20 for a pair.

Tapatyped

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
If it uses dual coils the atty must be a KangerTech Protank 3 mini but the drip tip she's using appears to be from a Protank-II mini (both use 510 drip tips). The Protank 3 is Ego threaded for use on Ego style batteries like the Innokin pictured. Innokin Ego style batteries are still locally available but crazy expensive Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 Battery There are less expensive EGO styled batteries that are, in my opinion, as good or better than the Innokin like this one; $9.73 Authentic Vision Spinner 3S 1600mAh VV Battery - 3.6-4.8V / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping She could use her current atty on a regulated mod that uses replaceable/swappable batteries (like an Eleaf iStick Pico) but she'd need an Ego to 510 adapter like this; $1.32 510 to eGo/510 Converter Adapter - chromed brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

These Ego style batteries aren't suitable for sub-ohm tanks, for that you really should consider getting a regulated mod like the Pico.
The advantages of the Innokin vv 3.0 over other eGo style batteries is a USB port for charging, giving it pass-through charge while vaping capacity.
The Innokin vv 3.0 with a Kanger PT2 was the first vv mod I had

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I highly doubt that battery was actually producing 5.2V. That would be as high as 18 watts. It's probably just maxed out, further adjustment making no difference. If not I'd recommend turning it way down. Yes that is a Mini Protank 3. A Spinner or the Provari 2.5 would power it as much as is actually desirable, really many others, it usually comes with a "3.7V"(?) Kanger battery about the same size. An Ego thread battery should be avail. at a convenience store or tobacco shop that is at least adequate. Something with variable voltage such as the iStick 30 (comes with adapter) would be as small, just chunkier not as long as the Provari and last even longer than all but the 18650 version. Consider a spare tank too if possible.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    Thank you thank you everyone for your replies! I was amazed and grateful for so many. When I got home from work, I went through the thread with her kinda idea to idea. She was very impressed by everyone's knowledge, and how easily you picked everything out by photo :)

She ended up getting the provari after much persuasion from me. Truth be told, I used to have one of these back in the day. Had no idea they were still around OR for that price. She ordered it with two batteries, and I bought her a charger and a little surprise :)

I am so thankful. Without you guys, we would have gotten her the wrong stuff for sure. I know she's going to be happy with it, and I know it's going to last her a long time.

I also think she may be getting a nautalius from me for her birthday. You guys also reminded me that we all vape differently and I shouldn't try to push her if she's happy where she's at. :)

Happy new year everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Thank you thank you everyone for your replies! I was amazed and grateful for so many. When I got home from work, I went through the thread with her kinda idea to idea. She was very impressed by everyone's knowledge, and how easily you picked everything out by photo :)

She ended up getting the provari after much persuasion from me. Truth be told, I used to have one of these back in the day. Had no idea they were still around OR for that price. She ordered it with two batteries, and I bought her a charger and a little surprise :)

I am so thankful. Without you guys, we would have gotten her the wrong stuff for sure. I know she's going to be happy with it, and I know it's going to last her a long time.

I also think she may be getting a nautalius from me for her birthday. You guys also reminded me that we all vape differently and I shouldn't try to push her if she's happy where she's at. :)

Happy new year everyone!!

Our pleasure to help.

I hope she is pleased with her Provari.

It wouldnt have been my first choice because the lowest resistance one can use is 1.2 ohms and later if her vaping style changes she will not be able to use sub Ohm coils. With the Provari's.

Reactions: Eskie

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    She ended up getting the provari after much persuasion from me.

Great choice! Only reason I didn't suggest one with the others I mentioned...was because of the replaceable battery. I've been gently "persuaded" myself though, by many people on here, to buy several Provari since May for my Vapocolypse stash. Actually it was ECF members AND the prices Provape has been selling them for that convinced me. Just couldn't resist that combination!

I think she'll be very happy with it! :)

Reactions: glointhedark

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    Our pleasure to help.

I hope she is pleased with her Provari.

It wouldnt have been my first choice because the lowest resistance one can use is 1.2 ohms and later if her vaping style changes she will not be able to use sub Ohm coils. With the Provari's.

Yea I totally agree with you there. After talking to her though, she really doesn't have any desire to subohm. She loves how she vapes, and she's perfectly happy with vaping at 1.5 ohms. So, I decided not to push her and just get her something very solid for how she likes to vape.

Great choice! Only reason I didn't suggest one with the others I mentioned...was because of the replaceable battery. I've been gently "persuaded" myself though, by many people on here, to buy several Provari since May for my Vapocolypse stash. Actually it was ECF members AND the prices Provape has been selling them for that convinced me. Just couldn't resist that combination!

I think she'll be very happy with it! :)

Yea the replaceable battery was a concern, but I figured I'd fix that by getting the charger for her. Plus that way, it'll make future upgrades easier.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Yea I totally agree with you there. After talking to her though, she really doesn't have any desire to subohm. She loves how she vapes, and she's perfectly happy with vaping at 1.5 ohms. So, I decided not to push her and just get her something very solid for how she likes to vape.

Yea the replaceable battery was a concern, but I figured I'd fix that by getting the charger for her. Plus that way, it'll make future upgrades easier.

Lets put it this way she has NO desire to sub Ohm now.

I started on an Evod and thought i could vape there the rest of my life but a few months later i left the evod for better flavor and more airflow.

Now if some point her vaping style wants better flavor and more airflow she can't unless she gets another mod.

I'm s fan of starting out with a mod one can vape with now and allow room to grow NO matter where their vaping style goes.

I recommended tge Pico because it can do power mode or Temperature Control, and fire at 1-75 watts.

tazzle

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    Athens, Greece
    Zero7starz, just be sure she has an ego adaptor to allow her to use her current tanks with the Provari, if it doesn't come with one. Here they are at Provape, but are available all over. The Provape version will be the best quality.

And I think the Nautilus Mini would be a great bday gift! It's a great tank to use with Provari (and everything else Tootlepuffer; I have a ton of them!)

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    The Innokin iTaste V3.0 has a max output power of 11 watts

Innokin iTaste V3.0 VV Battery

The Innokin iTaste VV4 looks the same as the V3.0, but has a max output power of 15 watts

$28.02 Authentic Innokin iTaste VV4 Variable Voltage / Wattage 680mAh Rechargeable Battery - 3.0-6.0V / 6.0-15W / w/ USB charging cable / silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    2073001-6.jpg

Reactions: GeorgeS

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    Lets put it this way she has NO desire to sub Ohm now.

I started on an Evod and thought i could vape there the rest of my life but a few months later i left the evod for better flavor and more airflow.

Now if some point her vaping style wants better flavor and more airflow she can't unless she gets another mod.

I'm s fan of starting out with a mod one can vape with now and allow room to grow NO matter where their vaping style goes.

I recommended tge Pico because it can do power mode or Temperature Control, and fire at 1-75 watts.

She's been vaping as she has for over a year. I've been talking to her about getting a more advanced setup. She doesn't want to, she's too comfortable where she is. If it does come up later, at least now she'll already have a battery charger. That provari will last her until she's ready to change. I'm just not going to force her.

And maybe she never will. I mean there's hundreds of folks on this forum who may never want to. That's totally fine. The important thing is staying off the cigarettes.

Zero7starz, just be sure she has an ego adaptor to allow her to use her current tanks with the Provari, if it doesn't come with one. Here they are at Provape, but are available all over. The Provape version will be the best quality.

And I think the Nautilus Mini would be a great bday gift! It's a great tank to use with Provari (and everything else Tootlepuffer; I have a ton of them!)

As it turns she has one lol. I was like oh good. One less piece needed.

I'd probably get her the regular sized nautilus for the extra capacity. She did mention her mini tanks got filled a lot. Hehe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread