Recommend a tank..... For my sister in law...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusvapes

Jul 29, 2015
So the sister in law is deadset. on getting a istick 40 with temperature control.

Looking to get her a new tank to go with it. She's likes the nautilus mini my wife has but I think it has terrible airflow and it leaks a bit. All in all I haven't had good experiences with aspire.

So I'm looking for decent capacity 2-3 Mills.
Good open airflow. Adjustable. (sub tank open)
Lower or different ohm option coils. Reasonably priced. ( she will not be building)
No leaking (major leaking)
Fairly durable.

I love my subtanks. But I don't know she needs the features.. I bet she would like to be able to get different colored glass..

Thank you collective for bottomless knowledge.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I just won this in a contest.
It's the only non rebuildable atty I own.
Innokin iSub Subtank.
Hits great, sub ohm coils, easy to refill, fully adjustable airflow from zero to too much, not too expensive.

I don't have a lot of experience with premade coils or subtanks I usually rock a dripper and a mechanical, but honestly this is pretty impressive, and super easy up keep.
image.jpg

Reactions: Racehorse

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
If you went with that iSub above I know they make blue and pink glass for the tanks, but what I see it's only 0.5 ohm coils.

Nautilus mini isn't bad, it's perfect airflow for what it's designed to do. It doesn't leak if use right. When I had one and my friends never leaks. I like using the subtank mini. It's one of the simpliest tanks to use. I like the looks of the Silo Beast and it's top fill which is much easier. I haven't used the Silo yet though.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
For the time being nickel coils are hard to find' at least where I live. I have to drive an hour to find even one brand and then its one brand and not any of my brands.

So find out what is sold local to you and buy that one.

Online?? Sigelei Elite on TC is great if you like a good blast of flavor. Smok VCT is a TC tootle puffer dream.

GoBlue88

Jul 10, 2015
The Subtank nano is sleek and holds 3ml while being comparitively sized to the nautilus mini.

Looks great on an I stick 30W too, which looks like an I sick 40w. Once I compared the size of the Subtank nano and saw its barely bigger than the nautilus mini (or even the Evod-shown below) I was sold.

It's not significantly more expensive either. She can get one of those pink rubber bands to wrap around the glass tank if she's into frills.

43ebba2856560e6aca33b345c804acc0.jpg

Reactions: Racehorse

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
get her a subtank mini and she can use the standard occ coils and when done with them get her to save them for you and you will have a batch load you can rebuild

plus she can get all the different colour glass from Fasttech

as you prob know the occ coils are super easy to rebuild and you all will have loads of spare coils

sounds like a win win

AbigGRNboot

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I-sub tank is plastic and is likely to crack with certain juices. If you do get that I recommend the i-sub g tank as it is glass. Same tank accept its glass from my understanding. I own neither. Just my thoughts if you decide to go that route. It's something to consider.
The iSub tank is German Polycarbonate. i.e. Polycarbonate with an accent that holds up great under any circumstances.
I have one, and have thrown many tank cracking juices at it. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: kaahn

Zeusvapes

Jul 29, 2015
Thanks for the input all..

I really don't want to get her a nautilus... It just doesn't compare with airflow etc.

I'm glad there's another of recs for the subtank. I love mine. And wish I'd found the rebuild trick for the occasion before I tossed them. Be so much easier to have a few and rebuild them and make swaps for juice easier...

Her bf just picked up a subbox after using mine and wants me to show him rebuilds. So he can build her occs.

Thanks all!

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Reading the thread title I just keep thinking......well...does the OP like the sister in law so we should recommend a good tank, or not like the sister in law so we should recommend a crappy tank? :lol:
FWIW, I'm not really all that thrilled about the Subtank. The new vertical coils are awesome and does address the dry hits issue I used to get when you cranked up the wattage. I still hate that you cannot vape the tank dry like you can with the Atlantis/Triton tanks. Also, I find that the Subtank vapes hotter than I really prefer. The Atlantis/Triton vapes much smoother and cooler in my opinion. Also, I think the nickel OCC for the Subtank absolutely sucks. Unless you are using a TC mod that you manually set the resistance like the Sigelei 75TC or any of the YiHi chipped TC mods, the resistance "refines" and the vape changes (this happens with the DNA40 mods and the evic-VT). So one minute 45 watts and 450 degrees vapes great and then the resistance "refines" and you need to crank the temp to 550-600 degrees to get the same vape.

While the price is great for the iStick 40TC, I have heard that the TC is not that great. For a few dollars more, I would highly recommend the Sigelei 75TC. With some of the subohm tanks like the Freemax Starre Pro, you really need more than the 40 watts that the iStick 40TC maxes out at to really shine.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Thanks for the input all..

I really don't want to get her a nautilus... It just doesn't compare with airflow etc.

I'm glad there's another of recs for the subtank. I love mine. And wish I'd found the rebuild trick for the occasion before I tossed them. Be so much easier to have a few and rebuild them and make swaps for juice easier...

Her bf just picked up a subbox after using mine and wants me to show him rebuilds. So he can build her occs.

Thanks all!
If he is using the new vertical coils, they are extremely difficult to rebuild. It is almost impossible to disassemble the coil without destroying it. The old horizontal coils are much easier to rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread