HELP: Nano - BURNT Taste - Partial VG

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm a newbie - 20 days analog free. Yeah! But ... I am definitely still learning and this is my predicament:

Getting a burnt taste on a Manual Battery with Nano and a 50/50 vg/pg liquid ... pretty consistently though it does seem to vary a bit with the draw. I try adjusting the battery connection as has been suggested re: the Nano working/not in a manual -- and that seems to help but its not consistent and goes back to the burnt taste.

I dont' seem to encounter this problem in the Autos.

I have a manual X2 and X2 clearomizers on order. Can I expect this setup to NOT have a burnt taste? Do I need to switch that to an Auto to ensure no burnt taste? Do I need to get the X3 Clearomizers? Wait for the T3s?

Can I NOT use my regular battery autos with Nano and partial VG? Seeing the difference connections between Manual and Auto, is Auto the problem?

Are the Nanos the problem? (I had two in recent order leak big time!)

IS the VG mixture the problem? Local vendor and I love this flavor (morning to becoming my all-day vape) but can only get it in VG/PG mix.

All help is very much appreciated! I am so happy to be off the cigs, I smoked for 40 (omg!) years (started in the womb :) ), and though I've quit numerous times, even for several years, 1 weak-moment cig always led me back to the pack-a-day habit. E-cigs really seem the hand/mind/body nic delivery replacement that can keep me off the cigs. BUT -- with the learning/maintenance it seems I'm making a career of vaping and that can't be :oops: .. I've got a job search for that!

Thanks All!!

propagandax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
St. Louis, MO
My experience with the nano is sometimes it can't wick fast enough for a manual, meaning the juice can't get to the coil before it runs dry. Likely more vg would exacerbate this if its thicker liquid. You won't have that issue with the clearomizer as long as you keep the wicks wet.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Wow, no but what a great idea... So much to learn :nod:

TY Night!
The VG might be too thick to wick. Have you tried taking the nano off the battery, cover the airhole on the battery connector with your finger and taking a dry draw? It'll cause some suction and get the juice drawn up to the wicks and poly fill.

rosepetal

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
My World
Rose - ty, that's very helpful! I was looking at Virgin Vapors AAMOF, I really liked her setup - for one I'd much rather glass than plastic. Its great to get a recommendation. May I ask what flavors you've tried and enjoy. thanks again! cj

My daily vapes are Kona Velvet Milkshake, Black Cherry Marshmellow, Orange Creamsicle and Kona Coffee Milkshake. Also have Vanilla Blackberry Swirl, White Chocolate Raspberry Souffle, Belle Amaretto and Butter Cream Mint, all are very good : )

Once you find a good hardware like the X2 and X2 clearos and great e-liquid you will keep analog free : )

I forgot to add you can add in the comments section of your order what hardware you are using and ask Annette to thin if you go do have a problem. I have only asked her to her Absolute Line.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Nano Dry hits:
Works on Auto battery
Dry hits on manual Battery

That is because the Auto is slow to react to you taking drags. First drag is delayed turning on and the juice is being drawn into the coil area.
You simply need to take a few primer puffs to wet the wick and get the internal pressure balanced to feed the wick.

After a break-in period the Nano should really start working well.

Check out the last 1/2 of this video to the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_NPmFR2Qn8

trichman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
USA
I use Nanos on manual batteries. I also chain vape alot. Night's recommendation of removing the Nano and holding your finger over the air hole at the bottom while drawing on the Nano has worked for me everytime. I even tried it on a T3 this weekend when I changed the coil head and put a new one on the T3. It wasn't wicking fast enough for me so after 5 minutes I did the same procedure and voila, it was ready to go.

I am very happy with the Nano. Bottom coil is a win for me and they don't leak like the clearomizers. The T3's don't leak either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread