Help! Need some new suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChloeEranu

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Laurel, MT
I have been vaping since December 28th, 2009. The problem is that when I find something I like and that works for me, I tend not to keep up to date with the new fangled contraptions. For example, I vaped with a joyetech evod battery for over 6 years, until I found a battery that could be plugged in the bottom while I used it. I used that battery up until about 2 years ago when I decided to branch out and I tried the joyetech Cubis Max. Yes, it had it faults, and I constantly had to carry tissues with me because it leaked around the top. However, I was fine with this because I really enjoyed the flavor, and the kanthal wires were cheap (roughly $1 for 4 days use). But now I cannot find those parts anywhere.

Basically what I am needing: I like to vape around 18.5 wattage. I also need the upkeep to be inexpensive. I am on a very fixed income (783/mo). I would prefer the system to be easy to use. I did try to the cubis pro system and could not figure out how to cut the cotton and fit it around the atomizer, if this indicates my level of technical knowhow.

anyway, thank you for advance,
Autumn

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @ChloeEranu, have you ever heard about using RDA's (Rebuildable Dripping Atomisers) and Squonk mods?

As Squonk mods have a liquid feed bottle and a special 510 connector, so you either squeeze the bottle or use a pump button to force liquid up through the 510 connector.

And a lot of RDA's have a special Squonk pin (screw) that has a hole through it, that allows liquid to be forced through it and up into the RDA and pool in the reservoir at the bottom of it.

I don't know if this may be of interest to you as it does help with ease of coiling and wicking, as getting the wicking saturated with liquid is extremely easy compared to an RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomiser).

But here's a few Squonk mods for you to look at, just so you know what may be available.

Topside Single 21700 Top Fill Squonker

Aegis Squonk

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave

ChloeEranu

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Laurel, MT
Thank you for your advice, however I really don't think I'm looking for a squonk. I currently have 3 Joyetech Ultex T80s, along with several Cubis Max Tanks. My issue is the atomizer (tank) itself. I am not sure if it is because of Covid that there is a supply issue, or if they have discontinued the NCFilm Heater. I was able to purchase the film's for just over $1, and they would last 2-4 days depending on the sweetness of my juice. The only merchants I am seeing selling them now are selling them for over $7, which is just out of my price range. Another thing I liked about the Cubis Max tank was that I was able to purchase precut cotton that would fit under the film. Other than the occasional dropped tiny screw, this setup was easy for me. I did try a Cubis Pro, and I just couldn't get the hang of cutting the cotton to size and then wrapping it and shoving it into the atomizer.

Before my current setup, I used a kangar evod tank with evod style batteries. I used them for well over 6 years. I am trying to do some research on this site, but I just don't understand the acronyms (RDA's, RDB's, lmnopxyz)

[="Mordacai, post: 22678859, member: 341385"]Hello @ChloeEranu, have you ever heard about using RDA's (Rebuildable Dripping Atomisers) and Squonk mods?

As Squonk mods have a liquid feed bottle and a special 510 connector, so you either squeeze the bottle or use a pump button to force liquid up through the 510 connector.

And a lot of RDA's have a special Squonk pin (screw) that has a hole through it, that allows liquid to be forced through it and up into the RDA and pool in the reservoir at the bottom of it.

I don't know if this may be of interest to you as it does help with ease of coiling and wicking, as getting the wicking saturated with liquid is extremely easy compared to an RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomiser).

But here's a few Squonk mods for you to look at, just so you know what may be available.

Topside Single 21700 Top Fill Squonker

Aegis Squonk[/QUOTE]

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
wow that's bronzeage stuff.

RBA is umbrella term for everything rebuildable.
RTA= rebuildable with a tank for the juice
RDA= rebuildable without a tank: you either have it on a regular mod and drip into it every few puffs or you squonk if you've got a squonker and the rda has the appropriate pin.

with both you need cotton, wire and some tools. Some RTAs are trickier to wick, which means some waste. it's not like theyre flawless, but with the right stuff, squoker+rba has been the easiest for me (wish i'd've gone directly there, rather than the pointless detour everybody considers to beprogressive stages). but this is of me.

@salemgold looks sold out from where i'm looking

i could second the rda+topside single suggestion, since it's among the most cost affective (and with a little help and patience exploring you'll definitely manage to snag a flash or seasonal sale). BUT you already have mods you are a low-power vaper (MouthToLung), so there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get a MTL RTA (rebuildable TANK atomizer) with cotton, wire and tools.

some american online and most chinese will be affordable, particularly if you hunt for a sale. i don't know where laurel, mt but if it's america then you've got both options.

just an example (of the one i have):

if you want to explore this (or something else) i can rack up some links and/or invite some veterans. let us know

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@ChloeEranu, RDA's are the only easy way to really keep your costs down. As for the prices that you've paid in the past you could coil and wick an RDA a couple of times.

The best thing to do to really get an idea of how much easier they are to work with is to check out a few single coil RDA reviews with building included on YouTube.

The way that I wick a lot of RDA's is to hold the wicking strait down the side and trim it level with the base, no need to do annoy yourself the same as RTA's.

Plus there's plenty of RDA's to choose from including clones or copies, and at very reasonable prices indeed.

Also if you are US based, how are regulations going to affect you and what are you able to do about it?

The answer is to future proof yourself, and the only way that can be done is to use rebuildables.

But the only MTL RDA's that I can think of are these, but I'm sure that if a thread was created you'd get a longer list.

Vapefly Holic RDA
Cuthlhu Mods 1928 RDA
Vapefly Galaxies RDA

Also there's RDTA's (Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomisers) as well, they just have a bigger liquid reservoir and are as easy to use as an RDA.

Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA comes to mind, but there's of course more out there but you will need to ask or look around more for other ideas.

And with rebuildables you would just need to replace your wicking a lot of the time and not the coil, which is pennies or cents. And Cotton or Rayon can be sourced easily.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
@ChloeEranu, RDA's are the only easy way to really keep your costs down. As for the prices that you've paid in the past you could coil and wick an RDA a couple of times.

The best thing to do to really get an idea of how much easier they are to work with is to check out a few single coil RDA reviews with building included on YouTube.

The way that I wick a lot of RDA's is to hold the wicking strait down the side and trim it level with the base, no need to do annoy yourself the same as RTA's.

Plus there's plenty of RDA's to choose from including clones or copies, and at very reasonable prices indeed.

Also if you are US based, how are regulations going to affect you and what are you able to do about it?

The answer is to future proof yourself, and the only way that can be done is to use rebuildables.

But the only MTL RDA's that I can think of are these, but I'm sure that if a thread was created you'd get a longer list.

Vapefly Holic RDA
Cuthlhu Mods 1928 RDA
Vapefly Galaxies RDA

Also there's RDTA's (Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomisers) as well, they just have a bigger liquid reservoir and are as easy to use as an RDA.

Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA comes to mind, but there's of course more out there but you will need to ask or look around more for other ideas.

And with rebuildables you would just need to replace your wicking a lot of the time and not the coil, which is pennies or cents. And Cotton or Rayon can be sourced easily.

i've suffered long with the Elevate RTA when i started rebuildables, but the Hellvape MD and Gear took only a couple of times to figure out.

as i mentioned i agree in principle, but rda's will force her to get a squonker or live as a dripper, and not all of them have an easy top for dripping. plus the fact that MTL doesn't consume as much liquid makes a squonker overkill IMO if that's the only way you vape. an easy to use RTA should will do the trick and save on buying new mods (she's got 3 if i've understood correctly), if she wants back up for regulations get two (a really good idea regardless of stockingup, is to get two diff MTL RTAs, keep from trapping oneself with one thing that might go on the fritz sometimes).

RDTA is a viable option as well, i am not sure how easier they really are, but in theory, they are indeed. (i wonder if the price of MTL Brunhilde has dropped, we could ask @Daniel Forsyth , or just steal a couple of his, either way, given the wattage range we're about, he might be an ASSet to be included in the kwenversation).

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@virm, from what I've gleaned from the OP they want a drop in coil tank with really cheap coils. But we would all like them to be cheap and not have the excessive mark up that they have.

They've not had much luck at all really with RTA's, so that doesn't seem like a viable option.

So RDA's and RDTA's seem like the better option due to ease of use and costs to run.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
@virm, from what I've gleaned from the OP they want a drop in coil tank with really cheap coils. But we would all like them to be cheap and not have the excessive mark up that they have.

They've not had much luck at all really with RTA's, so that doesn't seem like a viable option.

So RDA's and RDTA's seem like the better option due to ease of use and costs to run.

alright well... if it must be, then unless they(? sorry thought the name was Chloe and thought it f. nood an engrish naitve meself so...) unless they're going to shift to squonking or dripping then rdta is the way. all's i'm saying is not all RTA's were created equal...

YouTube

thsi is sorted by populairyt:
FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics
[edit: i don't think that search got them all. plus a reminder, once the OP starts exploring we can find a site with a sale or a reasonable price_ if Fasttech doesn't have one]]

not sure how well it fares on this low a wattage and what the leaking situation is, but there's also the Shinyitis thread's favourited KRMA, has the RDTA version called KRMA GEN which is listed as MTL/DL.. haven't tried it myself though. i mean the Fasttech clone of course.

thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Well folks seem to like the Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA @virm, that may be an option.

It's just trying to find something for @ChloeEranu that has the right kind of airflow and is easy to work with.

As we both know @virm you can get wire and wicking material easily everywhere.

agreed vaepffly looks alright. is there something older that might be cheaper though?

dont remember mentioning wick and wire. but yeah. for the uninitiate though here goes:

wick, people get from various sources (as in straight from MUJI shops (3$ for a lifetime supply) or pharmacies or vapesuppliers_ the first two are naturally more cost effective, but i haven't gone back from buying the relatively expensive Cotton Bacon Prime, much easier wicking and no cotton flavour). i usually wait for a good sale and stock up from Cigabuy, FT, sourcemore or whatever. did try my first Bacon and my first COTN from local stores though, but you could halve the price with a chinasale (or american places too can be much cheaper than europe). example:
Datt White Stuff - Class A Cotton

of which i've heard good things.

wire, i got mostly from FT. cheap and free shipping. when i started i got from CB a box of precoiled selection, was on sale too. now i get spool from FT (MTL stuff can be less the 3$ per 5-10meters of wire).

tools i got a decent kit, but not the most expensive sort, also CB, also on sale. cost like 15?. but you might not need this if you've got the right everyday tools plus what comes with an rba.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Now for the Brunhilde MTL RTA;)
    Much better than the Galaxies and Heaps easier to coil and wick. It's actually wicked a lot like an RDA. Just a quick trim and plonk on top of the SS rods, like so...
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Has an abundance of airflow options and tremendously sexy flavour:thumb:

Any questions at all on either tank feel free to ask away @ChloeEranu , Good Luck:)

Edit: Don't make fun of my coilo_O

Last edited:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Bargain Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2, $14:99 with code EDMEP2.

Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 TC Squonk MOD 100W

Well revered Squonk mod that you can use NFE tools and Artic Fox firmware, they drastically increase functionality.

@Daniel Forsyth, do you have any idea where's the cheapest places for the Vapefly Brunhilde MTL RDTA?

I purchased my last couple from Sourcemore for about $27. I haven't checked recently but they should have some in stock. It's a very similar price at Everzon.
    You may be able to get one a bit cheaper though if you looked around elsewhere.
    They are Well worth the $25-$30 price though, it's a very high quality RTA:)

salemgold

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    Really if the op likes what he is using and is able to stock up as inexpensive as they are able to from ft, why change?

Should see a large pink buy button on the top right viewing from mobile.

they did mention something new though. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread