The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help! Need to locate a certain clearo.

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by vaporjoey, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vaporjoey

vaporjoey Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ok, been on here for a few years and have learned (and received help) from a ton of amazing people, of which I am grateful. I stopped smoking almost 3 years ago with the help of e cigs. I use clearo's exclusively and have tried many, but most taste like burnt ....! My clearo of choice comes from a company called volcano and it is a 3 skinny wick xl clearo (2.6 ohm?). This clearo had no burnt taste when new. They were amazing and sadly, their supplier changed them to a 1 fat wick 2.0 ohm. Well, they taste like burnt ..., lol.

I depend on this to not smoke analogues and I am down to just a few of the good clearo's. It is literally a life and death thing as I do not want to smoke cigs ever again, due to health.

If anyone can direct me to these 3 skinny wick clearo's, like the old ones from volcano, it will be very appreciated. Thanks all :)

2. WorksForMe

WorksForMe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    I didn’t see any clearomizers on the Volcano website. Can you post a link?

J.R.

3. vaporjoey

4. WorksForMe

WorksForMe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
  5. dolphins35

dolphins35 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2012
    Spanaway, Wa
    Well, These are the ones I use as I have tried many and these dont get the burnt taste. I have had no leaks either. I use the 2.4 coil.
    But I am only 2 months into it.
    I hate the redux, leak after leak.
    But love the Vision V2's.
    Vision 2.0 Ego Clearomizer w/ replaceable head

6. vaporjoey

Thanks all....Gonna try a T2. Hopefully no burnt taste! :)

7. the.quiet.rider

the.quiet.rider Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Sheffield Lake
    T2 is a great vape, I just can't stand the wicking as I still find the need to flip it and swirl it every now and then to ensure the coils get wet. No burnt taste tho, just the occasional dry hit that prompts me to flip it. I will say the T3 seems to work better, but it's a bottom coil. Still a great vapor, flavor and throat hit, just not as warm as the top-coil T2. I would honestly suggest giving both a shot, as Kanger seems to be putting out the most reliable clearomizers right now, in my humble opinion.

8. bacc.vap

bacc.vap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Virtualville
    The 3 wick ones are the revision 4's I believe. Volcano may have made some slight modifications of their own though, but r4's would be the closest your gonna get if you can find them and want to give them a try.

9. Gummy Bare

Gummy Bare Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2012
    San Diego, California
    The vision v2 are one of my favorites. They have a killer throat hit as far as clearos go. They do have issues like all clearos though.

There is a style that looks like most other vision style clearos called a "mop head"... insted of 2 wicks it has 10 wicks. It never has a burnt or chemical taste to it. I like them as well, but it doesn't give as good of TH compaired to the vision. It does give a consistant smooth vape all the time. You can get them at heather's heavenly vapers.

10. vaporjoey

Just ordered one and will see how they are.....Thanks

11. Gummy Bare

Gummy Bare Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2012
    San Diego, California
    I think you'll like it. When you get it, try to puff up the bottom of the wicks. Not the whole length, just the bottom 30 percent or so. Fraying is what some call it. I picked up the trick on this forum and it helps out the wicking of my visions, so I gave it a try with the mop head as well and it helped a lot. With 10 wicks, the fraying takes up so much of the space in the clearo tube the juice can't help but get soaked up real good.

Good thing I got 3 of them because as soon as my girl tried that one she stole it from me, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.