Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icicle

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2010
Kelso, Wa
I'm still doing the old light up cigs right now, but I have been semi-confused about different models of E-cigs.

I have tried to search this forum for answers but seem to falling short.

What are the major differences between the 2 and 3 piece e-cigs?

and has anyone every tried the Q510 disposable?
the reason I ask is because I don't want to buy something that won't satisfy my 1.5-2 pack a day habit.
If I find that I will cope vaping, I will get something better.

How long does a cartridge last before having to buy a new one for refilling?

And right now I'm doing all the research so I can be off analog smokes by the end of this month.
I want to live a smoke free life after of 23+ years.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and the help.

Harsesis

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Oregon
IMO if you havent made the purchase yet. you should get the kr808d-1 model. its a 2 piece model that has your battery and your cartomiser. The 510 is a 3 piece that is your battery, attomiser and cartridge. You have to drip alot with the 510 so imo its not as good for portability. With the 808 the attomiser is built into the cartridge so you have less to burn out and you hdont have to keep buying attomizers when they die. I fill up 2 808 cartomisers at the begining of the day then im off. Those 2 will last me all day. Generaly i can get the cartomisers to hold more liquid then the 510, and i wont have to carry any extra liquid with me to drip. Get some kind of PCC cause you will need it. PCC is personal charging kit. So you can be out and can charge 1 battery while using the other.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Hi Icicle,

Welcome to the forums :) There is so much information here, it really can be overwhelming.

Have you read through this? -
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/36180-wonderful-world-vaping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html

It's a great guide that will help get you familiar with the different models, etc.

There are basically 2 popular models that are frequently recommended - the
kr808d - and the 510. I don't know anything about the kr808d, but I started with a 510 and have been really happy with it. It got me to totally quit a 25+ year heavy smoking habit the first day I started using it.

That is not to say that other models can't do the same thing! :)

I don't have to drip a lot with the 510 - but I do have to do more with the cartridges than with the 2 piece model. I don't mind though - I rather like it because I'm a bit of a gadget freak.

I'm sure you'll do great with whatever you decide. Your initial investment doesn't have to be expensive and once you get into the whole thing, you'll be able to play around with different options if you decide to.

Good Luck!! Keep asking questions, everyone here was so helpful when I was asking questions before I decided to place my first order.

Remie

VaporSmith

Dec 19, 2009
Vancouver, WA
Icicle - I was in the exact same boat a few months ago.After trying a few models I settled on the 510 for now even though I didn't like having to "top off" the cart constantly to get a good satisfying drag. What fixed it for me was having 4 or 5 ecigs going at the same time. Rotating them through-out the day meant I only had to top off a few times a day and after going with the 510 mega batteries I only had to charge at night. It will take a few bucks to get set-up but no more than a few cartons of cigs. I was worried about people saying the atomizers only last from a few days to weeks but all of mine have been going strong for 3 months. Good luck neighbor !

Firegrl

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.geekgods.net
I'll have to put my vote in here for kr808. Just started vaping this week with it and this thing really can't be any easier. If you can work a microwave, you can use this. I'm sure the 510 is a great model, but I like to start out simple, and two piece is. You can start off using the carts until they die and throwing them away, then move to refilling them later. Less than a week and already I've purchased some juice to try refilling and using blank carts. Hard part for me is putting my kr808 down. Using it way more than I smoked, but I'll get off the analogs first, then worry about that later. Was a pack a day, now down to 4 or less a day.

And whatever you choose, do get a pcc. Haven't had a battery die on me yet.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have questions. And everyone here is so nice, anyone will be happy to help.

Firegrl

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.geekgods.net
  • Deleted by Timtam

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
The 2 piece KR808 is great for taste. Some say the TH isn't great, but that doesn't bother me. If it is important to you, that is something to consider.

I bought the Ultimate Ultimatum kit from V4L. But, if I had it to do over again, I would have chosen differently. That kit comes with automatic batteries and a PCC. I prefer manual batteries, and have never used the PCC ... got two XL manual batteries for slightly more than the PCC. Since they don't last forever you'll be buying more batteries either way. And I like the XL manual batteries which won't fit in the PCC.

Each new cartomizer gives you a fresh atomizer (built in), so that's one less thing to worry about replacing. Although the cartos are designed to be disposable, they can be refilled.

Another nice thing about the KR808: Since you've got your charger(s) already, buying another battery is essentially buying a spare eCig for just $15.

EDIT: I just noticed your location. I spent a night in Kelso on vacation, right after spending a day at Mt. St. Helens. Love the Pacific Northwest. :)

Last edited:

Icicle

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2010
Kelso, Wa
EDIT: I just noticed your location. I spent a night in Kelso on vacation, right after spending a day at Mt. St. Helens. Love the Pacific Northwest. :)

Should of seen the old gal (Mt. St. Helens) Before she blew her top off.

Thank you all. Now I now to dig deeper for more answers to more questions.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
In 2007 and 2008 I took two week sightseeing vacations in Oregon and Washington coastal regions. Really hard to get to the coast in Washington (I did succeed though). Aside from Mt. St. Helens, I ran by Mt. Adams, up to the Strait of Juan de Fuca and Mukkaw Bay, and ONP's Hoh Rain Forest. And, all the way down the coast to the Oregon/California boarder ... the Columbia Gorge with its waterfalls, Crater Lake NP ... just sight seeing. I love the rain forests and the rocky coastlines, and the climate. I hope to move there ... it's in my bucket list.

Last edited:

dg99

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If your main goal is to get off analogs, the 510 is your best bet. It's performance most replicates that of smoking, you get a nice thick vapor and a nice kick in the throat. Carts are easy to refill and there are plenty of mods to make them last longer (something to look forward to once you get your feet wet with the hobby). If you want something with better battery life, check out the Janty eGo, essentially a 510 with a bigger battery. If I were you, I would grab a $35 510 kit from Cignot (Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store.) and some liquid. That's the route I (and countless others) went, and I couldn't be happier.

The KR808 is another choice, and prides itself on simplicity. Performance isn't like the 510, but the batteries last longer and the cartomizers hold more liquid and can be disposed of after use. They are tougher to refill, but many folks do it. The reason I recommend the 510 is it will satisfy the feel of smoking, if you think you'll prefer the simplicity of screwing on a cartomizer, look at the KR8.

Best of luck :)

CartHeadMod

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Holland, Michigan
just finished my third week.....started with a Joye 510.....decided I needed a passthrough.....decided I was curious so I bought a cartomizer passthrough......my advice?....it really doesn't matter which one you buy......both are better than cigarettes and your life will be better either way you go......cheapest way to try them out is to get something like the CigEasy passthrough package, $20 for everything you need to vape USB.....if you don't like that, you won't like vaping away from your computer either.....and if you do like it, you would eventually want a USB anyway...

http://www.cigeasy.com/product_p/easy%20pass%20kit.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread