Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water 4 Fuel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Portland,OR
I've been reading reviews and trying to learn as much as I can.
I thought I'ld buy a V2 starter kit,but hadn't decided which one.
But after reading a number of posts,people seam to say it's not that good and over priced.
I was also thinking of the Halo G6,but I'ver never owned an E Cig (expect I bought a Ble disposible to try E Cigs)
I really don't know what's best and the more I try to learn,the more confussed I seem to be getting.
I really want to quit smoking cigarettes,but I also want to but an E Cig that I'm happy with.
I want to fill my own and try different E juices.
If you have any sugguestions,please give them.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
THNX

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
I'll humbly suggest you go with an EGO or RIVA. Get at least 2
Some Boge LR cartomizers (each will last 3 - 7 days, YMMV)
2 LR atomizers (so you can drip, good way to try out diff juices)

The Ego/Rive style is a good place to start. They're reasonably priced and deliver a satisfying vape w LR cartos/attys.

NB. It's said, and probably true, that LR gear shortens the life of an Ego battery. A lot of vapers just accept that - they're reasonably priced.

As soon as you're reasonably sure you got a setup that's working for you: Get backups.

Myriad Dark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Las Vegas
Let's see if we can get you pointed in the right direction. About how many cigarettes do you smoke in a day? Do you have your heart set on something around the size of an actuall cigarette, or would you be willing to use something a little bigger (about the size of a sharpie) instead if it worked better? Are you hoping to find one flavor and stick with it or do you plan on using several different flavors throughout the day? Are you constantly out and about or do you spend a lot of time in a stationary location (such as an office job)?

The answers to these questions can tell a lot about what type of device will work best for your particular wants/needs.

Water 4 Fuel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Portland,OR
Let's see if we can get you pointed in the right direction. About how many cigarettes do you smoke in a day? Do you have your heart set on something around the size of an actuall cigarette, or would you be willing to use something a little bigger (about the size of a sharpie) instead if it worked better? Are you hoping to find one flavor and stick with it or do you plan on using several different flavors throughout the day? Are you constantly out and about or do you spend a lot of time in a stationary location (such as an office job)?

The answers to these questions can tell a lot about what type of device will work best for your particular wants/needs.

I have no problem with a larger size.
My wife is also very interetsed,but I don't think she would be happy with a larger model. I was considering the V@ starter kit for lovers (2 of everything).

II just didn't want to buy somethimng for sake of buying something. Except for the one time I bought a disposable
THNX for replying.

Myriad Dark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Las Vegas
I think in your case I would have to agree with arbogast. A Riva kit like this one would work nicely for you. I am a fan of the fact it has the longer lasting 1100mAh battery, but isn't too large. Since 1 hour of moderate vapeing uses about 100mAh each of these batteries would last between 10-12 hours YMMV. I also like that it comes with cartomizers instead of atomizers and cartridges. I know some people swear by attys, but I have always felt cartos are just an easier place for people new to vapeing to start. I do recommend at least one atty for testing new juices instead of devoting a whole carto to a new flavor you may not like. Also, since it is a 510 threaded device you have the ability to switch to some of the different tanks or clearomizers. I wouldn't worry too much about those in the beginging, but it's good to have a possible upgrade path where you don't have to replace all your equipment to change 1 thing.

There is also the standard length Riva batteries which hold less of a charge, but are a more discreet size (a little shorter, but still the same diameter) which might appeal to your wife more. The main thing to keep in mind is the closer in size it is to a regular cigarette, the worse it tends to perform. While there are people out there that are happy with their slim e-cig there are many who ended up using it as a stepping stone to something like an eGo or Riva.

When deciding on cartos/attys you should keep in mind the lower the resistance (ohm rating), the warmer the vapor will be. Many swear by something in the 1.7 to 2.0 ohm range for a 3.4-3.7 volt device such as the eGo or Riva, but I find based on the flavors I regularly vape a carto in the 2.5-3.0 ohm range works best for me. Hope that helps some.

brandontrjn

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Tampa!
In my experience, if your wife wants a standard size you're stuck with a standard size...seriously though, alot of people recommend the "larger" batteries on ECF. I've always had and am extremely happy with slim batteries.

It's moot though, after you get your first set and get off of the analogs your preference WILL change. The amount of money you save will more than pay for getting a larger battery down the road. Many people like the larger batteries for lounging around but the standard sized batteries are more portable.

I recommend vapeshot (510 style thread - most compatible) products to start with. They come with all kinds of chargers (their double kit comes with 4) and have a Charge Pack (PCC) included with their kit so you won't run out of battery. You can get a discount code and it'll cost you around $55 for a single kit or $115 for a double kit.

Check out Blu (510 style thread - most compatible), V4l (V4L uses kr808 style threads which may not be compatible with a larger battery down the road), and Halo (also kr808 style).

Both the Blu and Vapeshot cartos should be interchangeable. Vapeshot doesn't have the crazy selection of flavors but you'll be refilling anyway. Vapeshot has a nicer LCD IMO Blu has more flavors.

Liek I said, your preference is going to change in a month or 2 and you'll want additional items (this happens to 90% of vapers).

Vapeshot also ships on Saturdays...found that out at random when they shipped my order.

Sign up for discount code emails at V4L. You can get juice on sale for like $7 or less a bottle but they charge $6.95 for shipping, keep that in mind too.

Last edited:

Water 4 Fuel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Portland,OR
In my experience, if your wife wants a standard size you're stuck with a standard size...seriously though, alot of people recommend the "larger" batteries on ECF. I've always had and am extremely happy with slim batteries.

It's moot though, after you get your first set and get off of the analogs your preference WILL change. The amount of money you save will more than pay for getting a larger battery down the road. Many people like the larger batteries for lounging around but the standard sized batteries are more portable.

I recommend vapeshot (510 style thread - most compatible) products to start with. They come with all kinds of chargers (their double kit comes with 4) and have a Charge Pack (PCC) included with their kit so you won't run out of battery. You can get a discount code and it'll cost you around $55 for a single kit or $115 for a double kit.

Check out Blu (510 style thread - most compatible), V4l (V4L uses kr808 style threads which may not be compatible with a larger battery down the road), and Halo (also kr808 style).

Both the Blu and Vapeshot cartos should be interchangeable. Vapeshot doesn't have the crazy selection of flavors but you'll be refilling anyway. Vapeshot has a nicer LCD IMO Blu has more flavors.

Liek I said, your preference is going to change in a month or 2 and you'll want additional items (this happens to 90% of vapers).

Vapeshot also ships on Saturdays...found that out at random when they shipped my order.

THNX for your thoughts. I'll look into your idea's as well as everyone elses.
You are right,if the wife decides to do this with me,I'll need to go smaller to start.
THNX again

Myriad Dark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Las Vegas
I agree with the merits of a slim e-cig like the 510 kit with PCC you mentioned and I still have my 510 and PCC that I take out with me when my Roughstack would seem just a little too out of place. I started with a Blu starter kit that a friend gave me and saw that e-cigs really could work for me... just not that kit. Really for the money a Blu starter kit costs you can get far more bang for your buck with 510 kit. The fact that automatic batteries can be killed by a leaking carto (I know I've had a couple of leakers) and they are only 90mAh means the they will be going in and out of the PCC far more often. Also, the 306 cartos are less common (510 carto threads fit, but they won't fit in the PCC). If the slim route is the way the OP wants to go I would have to say it would be best to look into something like a 510 kit or something like a V4L kit.

brandontrjn

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Tampa!
I started with a Blu starter kit that a friend gave me and saw that e-cigs really could work for me... just not that kit. Really for the money a Blu starter kit costs you can get far more bang for your buck with 510 kit. The fact that automatic batteries can be killed by a leaking carto (I know I've had a couple of leakers) and they are only 90mAh means the they will be going in and out of the PCC far more often. Also, the 306 cartos are less common (510 carto threads fit, but they won't fit in the PCC). If the slim route is the way the OP wants to go I would have to say it would be best to look into something like a 510 kit or something like a V4L kit.

Oh yeah that's one comparison I forgot to mention. The Blu "shorty" batteries are only 90mah, the others mentioned are all 180 mah in their standard lengths

Myriad Dark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Las Vegas
A 306 carto is a little slimmer than a 510 carto, but they still have the same thread pattern. I had a leftover pack of Blu cartos when my 510 kit arrived I decided to use those up and noticed it was a little narrower than the 510 battery. I can confirm that the Blu cartos did rattle around in my 510 PCC since it was not a snug fit like it was in the Blu PCC. I noticed in another thread someone mentioned that the Blu used a 306 carto in response to a question about 510 replacement cartos fitting in a blu PCC since they are a little larger in diameter.

Last edited:

brandontrjn

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Tampa!
A 306 carto is a little slimmer than a 510 carto, but they still have the same thread pattern. I stumbled across them on one vendor's site that I can remember, but I'm sure more carry them. I had a leftover pack of Blu cartos when my 510 kit arrived I decided to use those up and noticed it was a little narrower than the 510 battery. I noticed in another thread someone mentioned that the Blu used a 306 carto in response to a question about 510 replacement cartos fitting in a blu PCC since they are a little larger in diameter. I can confirm that the Blu cartos did rattle around in my 510 PCC since it was not a snug fit like it was in the Blu PCC.

Good ole Blu changin things up. I swear they're evil

I had to compare all my cartos just now to make sure they were all the same diameter haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread