Help no whipped cream

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
I want to make a lemon cookie. It calls for whipped cream. I don't have. But I do have sweet cream, fresh cream an Vienna cream. Also vanilla swirl. What can I use to replace whipped. I was thinking maybe a little fresh an sweet. It calls for whipped cream at 3% cookie 1-1.5 % an lemon 4-5 %. Any help would be great.

Last edited:

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
@LeeLee26 - This post was recently re-referenced in the Recipes for Dummies thread:
This one took over as my ADV, it was betelgeuse prior to this one. This is one of Kodak's recipes, she's given permission to re-post it.

Iced Lemon Cookie

5% FA Lemon Sicily (I used INW since twice when I went to order lemon sicily they were out)
3% FA Cookie
2% FA Vienna Cream
.5% Sweetner ( I use sucralose). I often leave out the sweetner, after I make it once according to the recipe, but with this I found that the sweetner actually does bring out the icing/glaze more. I taste like a powdered sugar glaze. YMMV of course.

Shake and vape. In fact I've been told that the lemon can fade a bit if it's awhile before you use it all. I don't think it will ever sit around long enough for me to find out.
Not sure if you're using FA for your lemon and cookie ingredients, but this seems pretty close to what you're after.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I second what dobroeutro says whipped cream is a light mouth feel, depending on brand can impart a slight vanilla, sweet cream can be a light at low% and the swirl is a light sweet vanilla so a mix of these at low% should get you close to what your looking for in a sub for whipped cream, something light that won't jump out or mute other flavors much. but is there more for fullness and mouth-feel.

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
I second what dobroeutro says whipped cream is a light mouth feel, depending on brand can impart a slight vanilla, sweet cream can be a light at low% and the swirl is a light sweet vanilla so a mix of these at low% should get you close to what your looking for in a sub for whipped cream, something light that won't jump out or mute other flavors much. but is there more for fullness and mouth-feel.
Thank you so much

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
@LeeLee26 - This post was recently re-referenced in the Recipes for Dummies thread:

Not sure if you're using FA for your lemon and cookie ingredients, but this seems pretty close to what you're after.
Yeah I am using flavor art. Bull city vapor didn't have flavor art whipped cream. An I love all flavor arts creams. So I have to find somewhere else. I am on strike with ecigexpress

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky

Oh well ok. I didn't see that one. Hic has a vanilla lime like that I was gonna make also. Thanks.

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky

I don't use sweetener. only sweetener I got was em. An I really don't like it at all. An I know it says use sweetener.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I don't use sweetener. only sweetener I got was em. An I really don't like it at all. An I know it says use sweetener.
I think you could safely skip the sweetener, it's only 0.5% after all. I would. I think the Lemon Sicily, Cookie, and Vienna Cream all provide enough sweetness by themselves....

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
FA whipped cream is a pretty heavy cream IMO. It's good... but definitely thick. I prefer TFA Whipped Cream... It's very nice. I would definitely recommend grabbing it next time you order.
Vanilla swirl and very little sweet cream could work in the meantime.

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
FA whipped cream is a pretty heavy cream IMO. It's good... but definitely thick. I prefer TFA Whipped Cream... It's very nice. I would definitely recommend grabbing it next time you order.
Vanilla swirl and very little sweet cream could work in the meantime.
Great an thanks. I was thinking of either tfa or flavor west sweet cream. Nobody has any comments on fw. So tfa it is. Thanks you

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
FWIW: if you are looking to boost mouthfeel, without augmenting flavor much, I would consider a Meringue (TFA, FA). That, along with a cream like any that have already been suggested, might give you a satisfactory work-around. FA's Vienna Cream also gives me that thicker mouthfeel (though more than Whipped Cream). :)

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
FWIW: if you are looking to boost mouthfeel, without augmenting flavor much, I would consider a Meringue (TFA, FA). That, along with a cream like any that have already been suggested, might give you a satisfactory work-around. FA's Vienna Cream also gives me that thicker mouthfeel (though more than Whipped Cream). :)
I got that an didn't like it even at low % with the other creams. I might give it another go thou because of the mouthful you say thanks

Reactions: IDJoel

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
Yeah; I only use it (FA Meringue)between 0.5-0,75%. It doesn't take much.:D
what does fwiw stand for? And I have tfa meringue. Bavarian cream is another I couldn't get to work for me or I didn't like it. Mine is flavor west. But my meringue is tfa. I been wanting a whipped cream but holding out till I can get flavor art. I used the sweet cream an vanilla swirl in the lemon cookie instead of whipped an it was great best I made yet. I also don't have cookie yet an used tfa chesse ale graham crust. Hic recipes are great wish I had a few more.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
what does fwiw stand for?
Sorry; For What It's Worth. Meaning you may, or may not, find something of value in it. :D
And I have tfa meringue.
I am afraid I don't have any personal experience with TFA's Meringue so I can't of first-hand experience. checking the site we are not allowed to mention, the reporting users seem to use it at about the same percentage (+/- 1%), so I would probably stay with starting somewhere between 0.5% and 1.0%.
Bavarian cream is another I couldn't get to work for me or I didn't like it. Mine is flavor west.
Unfortunately I have no experience with FW Bavarian Cream either. I had a similar experience with TFA's BC. I finally learned to use it at the lower end of recommended percentages, and it is going to need at least 2 1/2 to 3 weeks shelf time. Otherwise I get an unpleasant dirty sneakers smell from it.
I used the sweet cream an vanilla swirl in the lemon cookie instead of whipped an it was great best I made yet.
Awesome! Good job! You found a working substitution AND got a great juice to boot. Way to go!:thumbs: Make sure you write that down somewhere so you can repeat it if needed in the future. :)
Hic recipes are great wish I had a few more.
If you want, PM me and I will share my e-mail with you, and I can share where I have found quite a few of his. It involves another site we are not supposed to talk about (even in PM), and I will not intentionally violate ECF's terms, so it would have to be via a non-ECF format.

Reactions: LeeLee26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread