HELP ON DRIPPER BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nconway2709

Sep 1, 2014
United States
I recently just acquired a ipv 3 LI (hasn't been updated and goes up to 165 watts for now) and a Fogwind-Vapergate Alliance rda as a gift. The people at the vapor shop set up the first coil build for my girlfriend so it would be ready (as a normal chick she paid no attention to the guy and didnt gather anything he said, lol.) So after she gave it to me she went online and ordered me some 22 gauge kanthal from lightning vapes as well as a bag of Cotton Bacon version 2.0
Can anyone break it down to me as how this works? Like what millimeter I wrap my kanthal around and how many wraps and space between each wrap as well as how much cotton I should use and a safe wattage range I should stay in using all the equipment listed? It would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys. I'll be checking this regularly and will answer any questions I need to and can post pics if needed.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I recently just acquired a IPV 3 LI (hasn't been updated and goes up to 165 watts for now) and a Fogwind-Vapergate Alliance RDA as a gift. The people at the vapor shop set up the first coil build for my girlfriend so it would be ready (as a normal chick she paid no attention to the guy and didnt gather anything he said, lol.) So after she gave it to me she went online and ordered me some 22 gauge kanthal from lightning vapes as well as a bag of Cotton Bacon version 2.0
Can anyone break it down to me as how this works? Like what millimeter I wrap my kanthal around and how many wraps and space between each wrap as well as how much cotton I should use and a safe wattage range I should stay in using all the equipment listed? It would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys. I'll be checking this regularly and will answer any questions I need to and can post pics if needed.

1: 22 gauge is pretty thick for a beginner.
28 is a good popular gauge to start.
Nowadays with all those high powered mods out there, 26 should be good.
But all the way to 22 at the start sounds like jumping in at the deep end to me.
But I've only ever used 32,30, and 28 myself so..

2: break it all down:
here's everything:
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

3: what millimetre: 2 to 3
see steam engine for details

4: how many wraps: 7
ok somewhere between 5 and 15, but 7 seems to be a magic number
see steam engine for details

5: how much cotton;
ok that tricky; only way to figure it out is it try but
- some people say 'less is more'
- another thing people say: enough that you can slide it back and forth without sticking

6: safe wattage:
start low and go up

5 watts is like those BLU disposables
10 watts is .. well, pretty good
20 watt is ... imo ok that's all I ever need
50 watts is ok, your like a fog machine at a rock concert
100 watts, allright buddy you're definitely blocking the tv with that thing

okok, I only vape at less than 20 watts so I dunno in practise what 100w is like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread