• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help on EGO style mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncouth32

Sep 27, 2015
SG
Hi peepx,

Was trying to have some earlier but to my horror! there was barely any cloud at all!! quickly charge the battery and clean the parts to the best of my knowledge but..... still nothing!! :(

tried to look at the parts again and found this part becoming very dirty and I believe this is similar to the wicks in some other cos it looks and feels like a brush.. can some bruhs out here help me out pleaseee??

Attachments

• Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 27

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Reactions: watervapour

Uncouth32

Sep 27, 2015
SG
If you want better performance out of your coils (if they have silica wicking) I suggest you periodically clean AND dry burn them. When they finally don't work well (or at all) replace them (but save the non-functioning ones). You may at some point want to learn to rebuild them.

How to Clean & Dry Burn Kanger ProTank/EVOD Coils
Kanger Protank/EVOD Micro Coil Rebuild

Will try the cleaning video later but it seems that there is some sort of a coil around the wick and the wick in the video looks like cotton.. what I have does not feel like cotton wick and prob the sillica wick as Susan has advised but this part was purchased separately not the standard carto that comes with the EGO... can some senior here confirm and if it is safe for me to wash the part like in the video?

Attachments

• Capture a.JPG
    Capture a.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture b.JPG
    Capture b.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture c.JPG
    Capture c.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 16

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
That's silica wick. There are possible reasons you have little or no vapor - The juice is flooding the whole tank thus the coils are drowned and cannot fire up nicely at all. Another one is that you got a bad batch of the carto.

My only advice is to change it. The coil in there could be compromised as well and you do not want any hazards by using it.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Assuming there's no problem with your battery.

1) does it gurgle when you draw on it? If yes, then the wicks are flooded. Turn the clearo upside down and flick it gently to get the excess juice out. Wipe tip dry and with the device parallel to the ground, fire and see if there's vapour when you draw on it. Parallel to the ground because there's still juice in the wicks. You don't want the clearo to start flooding again. Bear in mind this is a stop gap measure. If it works, update us and we'll go into what to do to avoid flooding in future.

2) if it's not flooded, unscrew the base from the clearo. Your pic, capture 3.

3) on the base, you see the hollow tube? Take out the silicon grommet. Pull out the hollow tube (centre shaft). Now you'll see the "flavour wicks". I prefer to call them spitback wicks or flood prevention wicks.

4) take out the flavour wicks. Now you'll be able to see the coil and the main silica wicks. You can use a torch to burn and clean them (flavor wicks), but it's probably more trouble than its worth. Just use cotton instead.

5) screw the base back on the battery. Fire away and blow on the coil periodically to dislodge the crud. After a few burns, the coil should be much cleaner.

6) uncrew base and rinse it to wash away any crud left on wick/coil. Be careful not to dislodge the main wick. Or you can submerge the base in a bowl and swish it and tap it.

7) screw base back on battery and fire a few times to dry the wicks.

8) assemble everything back, using cotton as flavor wick and REMEMBER to wet the cotton with juice. How much cotton to use? Enough to seal the gap when you put the silicone grommet on. This might take you a few tries before you know how much to use. Too little, it'll flood. Too much, you'll get dry hits and burn the cotton.

See if this helps. In the beginning, some terminology here might confuse you. You'll get the hang in no time. Update us to see if the problem is solved.

Reactions: watervapour

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2015
Local
Assuming there's no problem with your battery.

1) does it gurgle when you draw on it? If yes, then the wicks are flooded. Turn the clearo upside down and flick it gently to get the excess juice out. Wipe tip dry and with the device parallel to the ground, fire and see if there's vapour when you draw on it. Parallel to the ground because there's still juice in the wicks. You don't want the clearo to start flooding again. Bear in mind this is a stop gap measure. If it works, update us and we'll go into what to do to avoid flooding in future.

2) if it's not flooded, unscrew the base from the clearo. Your pic, capture 3.

3) on the base, you see the hollow tube? Take out the silicon grommet. Pull out the hollow tube (centre shaft). Now you'll see the "flavour wicks". I prefer to call them spitback wicks or flood prevention wicks.

4) take out the flavour wicks. Now you'll be able to see the coil and the main silica wicks. You can use a torch to burn and clean them (flavor wicks), but it's probably more trouble than its worth. Just use cotton instead.

5) screw the base back on the battery. Fire away and blow on the coil periodically to dislodge the crud. After a few burns, the coil should be much cleaner.

6) uncrew base and rinse it to wash away any crud left on wick/coil. Be careful not to dislodge the main wick. Or you can submerge the base in a bowl and swish it and tap it.

7) screw base back on battery and fire a few times to dry the wicks.

8) assemble everything back, using cotton as flavor wick and REMEMBER to wet the cotton with juice. How much cotton to use? Enough to seal the gap when you put the silicone grommet on. This might take you a few tries before you know how much to use. Too little, it'll flood. Too much, you'll get dry hits and burn the cotton.

See if this helps. In the beginning, some terminology here might confuse you. You'll get the hang in no time. Update us to see if the problem is solved.
9) Time for a Subox?

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
Disassemble that coil. Quite easy to do, just take off the rubber cap and slowly pull the pole. You'll see some silica on top. Take the silica off. And then you'll see the coil with silica on it. Drop a few drops of juice on it, and fire.

If it fires it's probably your atomizer was flooded. Just assemble how you found it and you should be good to go.

If it doesn't fire, try to see if everything is secured properly. Most often misfire is due to connection error. Secure everything and try again.

If it still doesn't fire just use another coil. Those coils are cheap and come in a bunch...

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread