Not open for further replies.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
So, when I purchased this, David sent it to me already set up to use the kick that I also purchased from him. Well, I don't use the kick thing, so I took the black O ring off, & it wouldn't fire........well, I figured that the battery wasn't making contact with the positive, so I am trying to get the bottom off to put another washer down there, so that it will make contact.

I cannot get the bottom off for anything........every other precise I own, the bottom just screws off super easy, no issues at all.

I have tried heating it up, holding it in a vice, I got it to unscrew a tiny bit, now I can't get it to screw back on, or off at all. I doubt that the threads are pulled since I've never taken it apart before. Finally........my husband scratched it while trying to get the bottom off.............(...), now he finally gets to polish this one to a mirror finish.

I need hints, tips, or tricks to get the bottom off. I want to take this to work with me because of the long battery life, but I need to get it working first.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Thanks for your help Snork. The freezer didn't work :( The bottom still won't come off. I will wait & see if David has any additional suggestions.

My husband feels really bad......as this precise has never left the house, & I only used it while I had the kick in the beginning. He knows that I have sold off my stash of mods & keep all of my precises in a pelican case, because I love them more than any other mod. Now It has a scratch all of the way around from him trying to get the bottom off. I told him that it needed to be polished shiny anyways like he did my other P+. He says that polishing it may not get the scratch out. (...)

Last edited:

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I see where you are coming from with your idea..........but my first thought is "NOTHING is getting welded to my precise!"
Now my husband is brainstorming again.
I want to lock all of my precises up in my gun safe, & cry.

Get a steel nut of a decent size - not tiny but not huge. Weld the nut to the button. Then you'll be able to just take a wrench to the nut, and oila! Protip: If you forget to lock the button before welding the nut, weld a small scrap of metal the side of the button to keep it from spinning. ;)

UPDATE: Fixed!

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I see where you are coming from with your idea..........but my first thought is "NOTHING is getting welded to my precise!"
Now my husband is brainstorming again.
I want to lock all of my precises up in my gun safe, & cry.

UPDATE: Fixed!

Good morning Jen. Good to hear you got it off. Now the big question is, will he polish your Precise up for you?!!!

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Good morning Jen. Good to hear you got it off. Now the big question is, will he polish your Precise up for you?!!!

David,
Thank you. He was going to polish it before (among the other things he is going to do), but now he has no choice but to polish it. The threads on the body and the bottom cap were dirty/nasty (from juice?). I cleaned them with a baby wipe. He says there were 2 burrs in the threads of the body........I just don't know about that.

MWA, Yes, I was thinking noalox, or vaseline on the threads. Thank you.

Snork, I don't know, but he used some homeade tool thing, looked like a wedge & got the bottom off. I would have to ask him exactly what he did to get the bottom off. By the time I told him that I was sending it to Minnesota to get it fixed, I went & made myself a beverage. During that time is when he got the bottom off.

The scratch is pretty bad though, because it goes ALL the way around the body. (I hated even typing that). I will post a photo in the photo thread after it is polished.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
bmwjen said:
Yes, I was thinking noalox, or vaseline on the threads. Thank you.. QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOALOX............a real thin layer is all it takes.... Then once a month wipe the threads clean and re-apply..
It will make you threads smooth as silk and they will never lock up again... I use it on all my mods...

Last edited:

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
bmwjen said:
Yes, I was thinking noalox, or vaseline on the threads. Thank you.. QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOALOX............a real thin layer is all it takes.... Then once a month wipe the threads clean and re-apply..
It will make you threads smooth as silk and they will never lock up again... I use it on all my mods...

Cool, thanks!
My husband spent 4 hours polishing the P+18350 on his day off. I took photos of the new polished finish, but am having difficulty uploading them with the ECF app on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread