Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
To open a repair ticket you need to "submit a request" Submit a request for assistance click that link

When looking inside can you see a round or rectangular piece of metal on the bottom center of the board? I have read of one case in the past where a member reported that their positive contact broke free from a dropped ProVari. I just saw your location, bummer, hopefully you have a backup being on the other side of the world. Wishing you good luck and safe travels for your ProVari on its trip back to the Mothership when you send it in for repair.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Have you tried stretching the spring?

th

Battery cap spring can get compressed from a fall. Give it a good pull and try the Provari. You may have to reset the processor it by pressing the power button four times.

madda

No Butts about me
Oct 30, 2015
Australia
Just had another tinker and each time I reinsert the battery, the led flashes, , o'wise it's kaput
I also just stretched the spring a tad ( more) and now it's come off completely :(
(frustration lends strength)
I'm so disappointed and annoyed at myself for dropping it in the first place. This particular device was sold to me ( very cheaply) by a generous forum member who wanted me to have a safe and reliable device at the beginning of my vape journey

And, my much anticipated Radius won't be here until Monday ( along with my updated P3) so I'm now provariless ( classic's out 'on loan')
I think it may be a better option to just save and buy the white Radius I've been drooling over, delivery fee to Oz ( $50) makes the repair option very expensive
Anyway, it'll teach me to be more careful I guess:

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Just had another tinker and each time I reinsert the battery, the led flashes, , o'wise it's kaput
I also just stretched the spring a tad ( more) and now it's come off completely :(
(frustration lends strength)
I'm so disappointed and annoyed at myself for dropping it in the first place. This particular device was sold to me ( very cheaply) by a generous forum member who wanted me to have a safe and reliable device at the beginning of my vape journey

And, my much anticipated Radius won't be here until Monday ( along with my updated P3) so I'm now provariless ( classic's out 'on loan')
I think it may be a better option to just save and buy the white Radius I've been drooling over, delivery fee to Oz ( $50) makes the repair option very expensive
Anyway, it'll teach me to be more careful I guess:

You can get that spring back in without too much fuss. Here's from ProVape: To re-install the spring, I recommend using needle nose pliers. Holding the narrow end of the spring and using a downward force, rotate the end cap counterclockwise to thread the spring into the end cap (the end cap hole is actually threaded for the spring). If the diameter at the base of the spring is too wide, you can take those same needle nose pliers and twist the spring from the wide end into a tighter circle. This helps to seat it better.

I did this recently when I replaced worn springs in my minis. and I'm tool challenged LOL.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Spring fixed with the aid of pliers ( and a nice neighbour) :)

But ... poor provari can't be revived :( so into the 'put off till later box')

Have you contacted ProVape? Sometimes they can come up with a fix you can try at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread