Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiffy22

Jun 12, 2011
Las vegas
About 6 months ago I bought a Bloog maxx fusion starter kit with 6mg kamel carts cause I smoke camel lights. The ecig wasnt doing it for me and I kept smoking analogs. I then thought maybe I should bump up the nicotine so I bumped it to 24 and got a variety pack. It tastes good but still wasn't doing justice. I set the bloog aside and it's been sitting in a box forever. Its new years and I want to quit smoking so I took out the bloog and tried it and its nice again but still crave analogs like crazy. I saw that bloog sells juice now. Should I bump up the nicotine lvl to 30? Also what flavor juice is good? I was thinking RY4 or 555. How did you guys try to quit? I need some advice and help! Everytime I buy a new pack of analogs I just feel horrible but as we all know its like human nature to go and buy a pack. Any advice is great! Thanks fellow vapors!

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
When you puff on your e-cig, how do you do it?

Nicotine from e-cigs does not absorb as fast as it does from cigarettes. You need to fill your mouth with vapor, breath in slowly and breathe out slowly. It also helps to breathe out through your nose.

It's also possible you are addicted to one of the other 3999 chemicals in cigarettes.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
User technique
An ecigarette is used in a completely different way to a cigarette. The only similarity is that it is placed in the mouth - after that, everything is different.

You should try to develop a new and different way of using it that is not applicable to a standard cigarette. In fact, if you use an ecig as you would a tobacco cig, you won't get much benefit at all. It doesn't work, plain and simple.

Instead, do it like this:
Draw (ie drag or pull) very, very lightly in comparison to a cigarette.
Pull the vapor into the mouth, not the lungs.
Draw for an extended length of time - for at least 3 seconds. This because for a 1-second draw, the atomizer does not heat up fully, and also because there is not as much nicotine in the vapor as in cigarette smoke.
Hold the vapor in the mouth for 2 seconds, then inhale, then exhale very slowly through the nose.
If you have trouble doing a long pull with just the mouth, then draw using the mouth only for one pull, using the lungs for the next.
Use the ecigarette for twice as long as a tobacco cigarette lasts you.
An ecigarette probably has half or less of the available nicotine that a tobacco cigarette has. To compensate for this, it is used differently.

With a tobacco cigarette you pull on it hard, with a very short drag (maybe 1 second or so), and then it's finished in 5 minutes or thereabouts. An ecigarette is used in a totally different way, as you can see above.

These differences are because:
-- An ecigarette has a restricted air throughput and drawing on it hard will pull liquid into your mouth.
-- The tiny particle size in tobacco smoke means it travels immediately into the smallest pathways of the lungs, and you receive a nicotine 'hit' in around 7 seconds - which is very fast. In contrast, an ecigarette delivers the nic over an extended period of time. There is no instant hit because the mist does not go deep into the lungs.
-- Because the mist contains much larger particles of water vapor and nicotine than the particle size in cigarette smoke, and the vapor does not go as far into the fine airways in the lungs, it is not absorbed as well - and more may be absorbed in the mucous membranes of the mouth and nose than in the lungs, as a result.
-- The carrier liquid, PG and/or VG, tends to bind the nicotine so that it is not available as rapidly.
-- Because it has much less available nicotine in the vapor than a cigarette has in the smoke, you have to extend the time in use.
-- Experienced users, using a small-format standard ecigarette model, often use a highly extended drag in order to get sufficient hit: they draw (lightly) for 6 or 8 seconds. When you try this for the first time, you will realise that e-cigarette use is utterly different from cigarette smoking.

An ecigarette is used in a different way to a cigarette. If you don't know this, you cannot get an optimal result. This has been proved by research trials, as something more than one research trial agrees on is this:

If a new ecigarette user, with a new ecigarette, is deliberately isolated from expert advice as to how to specify the correct materials, how set up the product correctly and how to use it correctly, then they will get little or no nicotine in the bloodstream as a result of using it.

This is an extrapolation of the results of two trials that agreed on the final results, and where these factors were all ignored and therefore the results were poor. It is why it is a good idea for new users to buy some of the highest strength of nicotine liquid available, as well as some medium; and why they must be shown how to set up their equipment correctly; and why they must be clearly directed on correct and incorrect user technique. If these requirements are not met, then the final result may well be of little use to the newcomer.

As seen, it has been proved that a new user can often derive no nicotine at all from an ecigarette; but for the experienced user, as much nicotine is available as is required. This shows what must be done.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I didn't actually quit analogs till I moved up to a bigger battery PV. The slim ecigs just didn't cut it for me. And slim ecigs can't use low resistance attys and cartos. LRs give a warmer vape and more TH. I only use LR cartos now and I found they helped the extra TH helped me not crave cigs as much
So Maybe consider moving to something else.
Also I'd get some blank cartos so you can fill your own. Prefilled cartos dont givve you alot of options. If you fill your own you can use the 1000s of different juices and PG/VG ratios

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
Did you used to write NATOPS manuals for the Navy?

User technique
An ecigarette is used in a completely different way to a cigarette. The only similarity is that it is placed in the mouth - after that, everything is different.

You should try to develop a new and different way of using it that is not applicable to a standard cigarette. In fact, if you use an ecig as you would a tobacco cig, you won't get much benefit at all. It doesn't work, plain and simple.

Instead, do it like this:
Draw (ie drag or pull) very, very lightly in comparison to a cigarette.
Pull the vapor into the mouth, not the lungs.
Draw for an extended length of time - for at least 3 seconds. This because for a 1-second draw, the atomizer does not heat up fully, and also because there is not as much nicotine in the vapor as in cigarette smoke.
Hold the vapor in the mouth for 2 seconds, then inhale, then exhale very slowly through the nose.
If you have trouble doing a long pull with just the mouth, then draw using the mouth only for one pull, using the lungs for the next.
Use the ecigarette for twice as long as a tobacco cigarette lasts you.
An ecigarette probably has half or less of the available nicotine that a tobacco cigarette has. To compensate for this, it is used differently.

With a tobacco cigarette you pull on it hard, with a very short drag (maybe 1 second or so), and then it's finished in 5 minutes or thereabouts. An ecigarette is used in a totally different way, as you can see above.

These differences are because:
-- An ecigarette has a restricted air throughput and drawing on it hard will pull liquid into your mouth.
-- The tiny particle size in tobacco smoke means it travels immediately into the smallest pathways of the lungs, and you receive a nicotine 'hit' in around 7 seconds - which is very fast. In contrast, an ecigarette delivers the nic over an extended period of time. There is no instant hit because the mist does not go deep into the lungs.
-- Because the mist contains much larger particles of water vapor and nicotine than the particle size in cigarette smoke, and the vapor does not go as far into the fine airways in the lungs, it is not absorbed as well - and more may be absorbed in the mucous membranes of the mouth and nose than in the lungs, as a result.
-- The carrier liquid, PG and/or VG, tends to bind the nicotine so that it is not available as rapidly.
-- Because it has much less available nicotine in the vapor than a cigarette has in the smoke, you have to extend the time in use.
-- Experienced users, using a small-format standard ecigarette model, often use a highly extended drag in order to get sufficient hit: they draw (lightly) for 6 or 8 seconds. When you try this for the first time, you will realise that e-cigarette use is utterly different from cigarette smoking.

An ecigarette is used in a different way to a cigarette. If you don't know this, you cannot get an optimal result. This has been proved by research trials, as something more than one research trial agrees on is this:

If a new ecigarette user, with a new ecigarette, is deliberately isolated from expert advice as to how to specify the correct materials, how set up the product correctly and how to use it correctly, then they will get little or no nicotine in the bloodstream as a result of using it.

This is an extrapolation of the results of two trials that agreed on the final results, and where these factors were all ignored and therefore the results were poor. It is why it is a good idea for new users to buy some of the highest strength of nicotine liquid available, as well as some medium; and why they must be shown how to set up their equipment correctly; and why they must be clearly directed on correct and incorrect user technique. If these requirements are not met, then the final result may well be of little use to the newcomer.

As seen, it has been proved that a new user can often derive no nicotine at all from an ecigarette; but for the experienced user, as much nicotine is available as is required. This shows what must be done.

Skennard

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado Springs
Yeah like it was basically already said. Longer slower pulls. The only problem you might run into is that all the cig style kits have a auto cut-off so if you take too long of a pull the battery cuts out so you will have to stop for a second and then repeat. A lr carto could also be a good match for you because the low resistance alows the coil to heat faster and possibly offer a much more satisfying vape for you.

I started on a Maxx fusion also and couldnt put the analogs down got fed up and quit vaping altogether then my mother of all ppl told me about V2 thought Id give them a try and had a completely different experience I like the V2 much better. Maybe you should try another brand of E-ciggs and see if it works for you. They have a lot of different types avail it can be overwhelming. But ppl are always doing Ecig reviews on You tube and other sites like it. Id suggest checking out a few reviews and see which one would work best for your needs. Everyone has a different experience Good Luck and Happy Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread