Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
PG can affect the ears:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
PG and tinnitus
A very small number of people with pre-existing tinnitus report that vaping of PG-based refills negatively affects their condition: the tinnitus worsens. It is extremely hard to put any kind of hard number on such an effect but it must be in the region of 1 in 10,000 persons or less. This effect is believed to be due to an ototoxic effect of PG for some people and the likelihood that vapour will permeate the ENT region including the inner ear. The solution would be to change to an all-glycerine refill, which at 2015 are becoming easier to find.

It has made mine more noticeable to me when things are quiet. Not enough to drive me completely batty.... ;)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
PG can affect the ears:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

It has made mine more noticeable to me when things are quiet. Not enough to drive me completely batty.... ;)
Interesting. Tinny ears is insignificant compared to the other problem, but maybe that is the reason why I am happy at 50/50. The last years I have had an auctioneer, a snowmobile, men muttering in the distance, music, and, of course, I get a text alert when it is time to wake up, but there is no text message on my phone, and the alarm is not set. And I can't hear those things without my HA's. My alarm clock is a special one, very loud. So far, I haven't needed the sonic boom type.

Reactions: Robino1

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
if you HAVE to vape...do zero nic...and make sure to DIY it yourself to be on the safe side...i've heard of trace /low amounts of nic... nitrosamines and formaldehyde...being found in some juices that were labeled otherwise...there are virtually no studies on this...and any doctor will hands down be bias and tell you not to vape...

imo don't risk it...the guilt alone afterwards would be insurmountable if anything were to happen...

also most juices atleast premiums i've dealt with have a warning on them:

"DANGER: Product not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding and people with cardiovascular problems. Keep out of the reach of children and pets..."

"...Prop 65 WARNING: This product is manufactured in a facility that contains Nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm."

this is on a 0 nic juice i bought recently...i'm sure they label it for liability issues...but why even risk it with a child...

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Interesting. Tinny ears is insignificant compared to the other problem, but maybe that is the reason why I am happy at 50/50. The last years I have had an auctioneer, a snowmobile, men muttering in the distance, music, and, of course, I get a text alert when it is time to wake up, but there is no text message on my phone, and the alarm is not set. And I can't hear those things without my HA's. My alarm clock is a special one, very loud. So far, I haven't needed the sonic boom type.

Again, sorry for your problem. I had no idea about PG effects.

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
We are still trying to find out what will or will not affect a baby before birth. We have absolutely no idea what will cause a child to develop autism, for one example. The more risk factors we can eliminate, the better.

kat1822, if you feel the need to stop vaping, at least while you are pregnant and nursing, go for it. Trust your gut instinct. We will be here for you. If you need someone to vent to, or just someone to talk to, please feel free to PM me. I am usually up at all hours, and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Eat as healthy as you can afford. If you have a local Farmers' Market, get what fruits and vegetables you can there. Take your pre-natal vitamins. Take care of your expected little one, and take plenty of time to prepare your other child for the new arrival. As a Mom and a Grandma, I fully understand your concerns. Take care, and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread