The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help! Replacement Suggestions for OLD Tugboat Clone

Discussion in 'RDA' started by AliyaPlush, Jun 15, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AliyaPlush

AliyaPlush Full Member

Aug 28, 2014
    MyHouse,MD,USA
    Hey there fellow Vapers,

Ages ago I got a tugboat clone. I love it. I have used it non-stop for years. Unfortunately it has started leaking from the center post. I tried adjusting it, but it was no use. The center post spins, and I need to replace the tank, because it is the only one I use.

I use it single coil. I want something as similar to it as possible. Hopefully for $30.00 or less (I'd go up to 40 if it was a really good replacement, $50.00 if I have no other choice). I have not kept up with other tank options on the market. When I google, I can't find anything similar in stock anywhere.

Can you all help a lady out, and make some recommendations for tanks I can look at to replace it?

Thanks in advance!

2. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Frankenvaper ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    • Like Like x 3
  3. AliyaPlush

AliyaPlush Full Member

Aug 28, 2014
    MyHouse,MD,USA

Thanks for the reply. What I have is a tugboat clone from 6 years ago. (See Pics below). I am hoping to find something as close to possible to it. I had to google a few of those acronyms. I vape into mouth then into lungs, but I use high VG because PG irritates my allergies.

Not crazy about how far apart the coil posts are on the TB V3 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer. I use a 28 gauge wire and roll my own coils. I try to keep them to 8 wraps and from looking at it, I would have to do some wire bending to get it to sit right in that setup. That thin wire doesn't like much bending. The Axial looks to have the same center coil setup.

I apreacite the reply and recommendations though! Thanks!

1vapetb.jpg 2vapetb.jpg 3vapetb.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I don't know much about RDAs (I do RTAs) I do have one (it is part of a really cool kit you can build different things from but can't find them anywhere... out of stock) I do have a suggestion though... it's not a RDA but similar... a RDTA (RDA with a small tank under) I really think you will like it. You would have to order from China so it takes a long time to ship (but it's a great deal and a reputable vendor):
    Vapefly Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA 2ml - Stainless

• Like Like x 1
  5. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Rex Everything

Rex Everything Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2014
    Tacoma
    off the top of my head....vapefly galaxy, Wasp nano, Asmodus c4, Vapefly Holic, Vandy vape berserker, Gas Mods gr1 or nixon, Geek vape ammit....clone wise....Haku Venna or phenom

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mordacai

Mordacai Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    What about RDTA's as well @AliyaPlush?

Seems to be a lot if them appearing on the market recently.

• Like Like x 1