Help! Replacement Suggestions for OLD Tugboat Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliyaPlush

Aug 28, 2014
MyHouse,MD,USA
Hey there fellow Vapers,

Ages ago I got a tugboat clone. I love it. I have used it non-stop for years. Unfortunately it has started leaking from the center post. I tried adjusting it, but it was no use. The center post spins, and I need to replace the tank, because it is the only one I use.

I use it single coil. I want something as similar to it as possible. Hopefully for $30.00 or less (I'd go up to 40 if it was a really good replacement, $50.00 if I have no other choice). I have not kept up with other tank options on the market. When I google, I can't find anything similar in stock anywhere.

Can you all help a lady out, and make some recommendations for tanks I can look at to replace it?

Thanks in advance!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Is this what you have?
    $4.60 TB V3 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Free Shipping
    And are you after an RDA or an RTA? Plus do you vape MTL or DL

Have a look at the Mass Mods Axial RDA. It has a deep well, works fantastic as a single coil RDA, and the flavour is superb:
    Axial RDA

even with a tiny 2.5mm id coil (3mm and up is much better) it performs perfectly
    axialwick.jpg

AliyaPlush

Aug 28, 2014
    MyHouse,MD,USA
    Is this what you have?
    $4.60 TB V3 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Free Shipping
    And are you after an RDA or an RTA? Plus do you vape MTL or DL

Have a look at the Mass Mods Axial RDA. It has a deep well, works fantastic as a single coil RDA, and the flavour is superb:
    Axial RDA

even with a tiny 2.5mm id coil (3mm and up is much better) it performs perfectly
    View attachment 890807

Thanks for the reply. What I have is a tugboat clone from 6 years ago. (See Pics below). I am hoping to find something as close to possible to it. I had to google a few of those acronyms. I vape into mouth then into lungs, but I use high VG because PG irritates my allergies.

Not crazy about how far apart the coil posts are on the TB V3 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer. I use a 28 gauge wire and roll my own coils. I try to keep them to 8 wraps and from looking at it, I would have to do some wire bending to get it to sit right in that setup. That thin wire doesn't like much bending. The Axial looks to have the same center coil setup.

I apreacite the reply and recommendations though! Thanks!

1vapetb.jpg
    2vapetb.jpg
    3vapetb.jpg

Reactions: AngeNZ

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I don't know much about RDAs (I do RTAs) I do have one (it is part of a really cool kit you can build different things from but can't find them anywhere... out of stock) I do have a suggestion though... it's not a RDA but similar... a RDTA (RDA with a small tank under) I really think you will like it. You would have to order from China so it takes a long time to ship (but it's a great deal and a reputable vendor):
    Vapefly Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA 2ml - Stainless

Reactions: AliyaPlush

AliyaPlush

Aug 28, 2014
    MyHouse,MD,USA
    Just wanted to post an update, and thank everyone again for the advice. I got a Hadaly RDA and a Haku Venna RDA and I'm not happy withe either of them. I'm used to a slightly deeper well in my old Tug Boat clone. Plus the vents are so low on the RDA's that they leak really easily.

I posted a new thread in the RTA forum asking for advice again. Since it seems designs have improved since I last went shopping for an atomizer. lol

See post here--> I need advice on RTAs and RTDAs

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread