HELP! Smok Cloudbeast is shorting dunno if safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Michaels

Nov 14, 2017
Hi, I'm vaping on a cloud beast smok TFV8 on an eleaf iPower 80w ( I know, not the best combo). Today I put in a V8-X4 .15Ω and my mod said, "atomizer short." After doing some research I took off the V8 and tried to reset it with no luck. While screwing it back on I noticed that my ohmsΩ changed to .17 but as I continued to screw it went back to 0. As it stands, I left the atomizer on there but it's not grip tight, it's borderline snug. There was no wiggling when I applied pressure to it. Is it safe for me to vape on something that shorts if it's too tight?

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
Hi, I'm vaping on a cloud beast Smok TFV8 on an eleaf iPower 80w ( I know, not the best combo). Today I put in a V8-X4 .15Ω and my mod said, "atomizer short." After doing some research I took off the V8 and tried to reset it with no luck. While screwing it back on I noticed that my ohmsΩ changed to .17 but as I continued to screw it went back to 0. As it stands, I left the atomizer on there but it's not grip tight, it's borderline snug. There was no wiggling when I applied pressure to it. Is it safe for me to vape on something that shorts if it's too tight?
Isn't this a dupe?

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/index.php?threads/837255/

Several members pointed out that you likely have a defective coil. There is a little wire that is likely touching the coil housing.

5175fe6b9a1989306a13189f02798353.jpg

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Lots of devices have found themselves in the trash heap due to over tightening of the atomizer. The small 510 connection has a soft material that isolates the positive from the negative. When an atomizer is screwed down too tight this material is damaged causing a short circuit within the 510 connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread