Help!! Some random Admin is messing with my conversations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Alright, I don't know what account this is or who it is...

Someone named "flushdraw" has been messing with my messages, OLD messages from years ago. Messages that aren't showing up any more in my conversations because I deleted them years ago...

And not messages I have received... Messages I sent to other people... YEARS ago

I can't see any of this activity through the forum website... I am seeing it all on Tapatalk...

"flushdraw sent you a message" over and over and over in the alerts on my phone...

But these messages aren't showing up in Tapatalk... They aren't showing up in the forums. Nothing...

So what is going on here? Who is this "flushdraw" Admin guy, and why is he messing with my messages?

Is this somehow related to the error I am receiving when I try to delete a conversation that has no participants? My conversations list is packed with stuff that I can't get rid of! LoL

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
We have an issue that's currently being investigated and tested so members can finally delete old PMs from the vB days. Unfortunately, as you're using Tapatalk which cheerfully pushes notifications, you're getting notified that we're working on things.

Thanks for the update. I was starting to worry that maybe I was getting hacked or something? LoL... This thing is sending me notifications of messages that I know I deleted a long time ago. Does the software just hold on to all messages, even ones that we delete?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Thanks for the update. I was starting to worry that maybe I was getting hacked or something? LoL... This thing is sending me notifications of messages that I know I deleted a long time ago. Does the software just hold on to all messages, even ones that we delete?

A lot of folks forgot to clean out their "Sent Items" folder as well. So yeah, we're having a bit of an issue with the old PMs and people's inability to delete them. We'll get there, even if we have to flush the tables manually to get these old messages out of your inboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread