Help, squonk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristian Hall

Dec 31, 2017
hello all, never thought I’d actually post on here but here we go. I bought the ijoy capo squonk, i built on it. Had a .45 ohm dual coil Clapton set up. The problem is, it takes forever to take a hit. Doesn’tmatter if i have it on 60w or 100w.So i rebuilt with 26g regularkanthal. Dual coil again at .78 ohm. Still takes forever. I understand thatthis mod limits the battery to 4.2v. Iwould like a build that allows a quick hit with no “heat up period”. I prefer a dual coil build. Thank you to Anyone that helps, I’m stuck.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
hello all, never thought I’d actually post on here but here we go. I bought the ijoy capo squonk, i built on it. Had a .45 ohm dual coil Clapton set up. The problem is, it takes forever to take a hit. Doesn’tmatter if i have it on 60w or 100w.So i rebuilt with 26g regularkanthal. Dual coil again at .78 ohm. Still takes forever. I understand thatthis mod limits the battery to 4.2v. Iwould like a build that allows a quick hit with no “heat up period”. I prefer a dual coil build. Thank you to Anyone that helps, I’m stuck.
What is a build you use on another mod and atomizer at what power?

Try a little lower ohm with 26kanthal... say target .3 to .5 ohms.

Make smaller coils.... they will he faster.

Steam-engine.org is your friend.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Usually slow ramp up times mean too much metal in the build. You could use smaller gauge wire and/or reduce your wraps some to see if that helps. Steam-engine.org is a great resource for figuring out resistance builds with different types of wire. Best of luck. Some mods do have a "boost" function to get things going more quickly but I'm not sure if yours does or not. Some also have user settings of "hard" "normal" "soft" etc and these can be useful if you are having trouble getting your coil hot enough to not lag on you.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: madstabber

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The ijoy capo is a regulated mod, the coil resistance makes no difference to the power delivery, only the selected wattage.
As suggested go for simple dual 26G kanthal 7 wraps at 2.5mm and see how you get on with that.

The problem may be your battery, which one are you using?

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
he said it's limited to 4.2v though. to get more then 25w with .78 ohms you would need more then 4.2v. So his build could of only fired up to 25w max.

Is this not correct?

I know that when I am trying to reach a high wattage the mod will fire but it will not fire up to the selected wattage cause of the build is too high. Some mods will tell you the actual wattage it fires, but some will just fire and not let you know it's not reaching those wattage.

Last edited:

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
I use a dual coil 26g Kanthal build, 2.5 mm diameter, and 6 wraps at 35W. Comes in at 0.4 - ish ohms, and makes for a nice vape. Math tells me the voltage would be 3.7 or so on my build. Your coil has to be twice as many wraps as mine to come in at 0.78, and that would be way too much metal to heat up with a hard limit of 4.2V.
Start with half the wraps you're currently using for 26g Kanthal, set the watts at 30 and work your way up. I bet you'll find a sweet spot for that build. Vary the wraps +/- 1, vary the diameter as you want to find the best build for the atty and airflow.
Good luck!

• Useful

Turbocoyote

Jan 29, 2018
I have the same mod and was having the same problem. I was trying to use the geekvape premade claptons in it and it would take forever to heat up. I switched to dual 24g kanthal round wire with 2.5mm i.d. and it works perfect. 2 of them come in around .21 ohms and they heat up fast. Only thing now is they dont last very long before getting gunked up.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I have the same mod and was having the same problem. I was trying to use the geekvape premade claptons in it and it would take forever to heat up. I switched to dual 24g kanthal round wire with 2.5mm i.d. and it works perfect. 2 of them come in around .21 ohms and they heat up fast. Only thing now is they dont last very long before getting gunked up.
1. claptons are knowned for slow ramp up and cooldown times so it's 100% normal
2. even gunked up dosen't mean you should replace them, just clean em they'll last forever that way.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread