Help Support an Idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisybuttercup

Oct 9, 2010
Planet Earth
Do you think I should start a new thread for the Phase II Facebook idea? I just posted something on the Starbucks site to get people to come see our Phase II idea, but I don't want them to have to search too hard for it.

To anyone who popped over here from MSI to see what the Phase II idea is about, simply - Facebook as over 23 million 'likes'. I believe we can get more of their attention by posting on their wall, and we can get more votes by posting a link to the idea thread. As I mentioned before, I understand people may not want to participate because of privacy issues, which is completely understandable. I have an alternate FB account that I plan to use, and will do so at least once or twice a day until we get the votes / attention this deserves. Here is the link to the thread that you should post with your comments on FB if you are up to the task:

http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/ideaview?id=08750000000HYBvAAO&p=1#comments-top

Last edited:

dragonlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
chicopee ma
Voted and posted a comment--reads like this
dragonlover1
7/9/2011 12:31 PM
I have been vaping since March 2011 and have been cigarette free since Mother's Day of this year. I think that what the opponents of e-cigs do not understand is that by lumping us together with "regular" cigarettes users they are in fact affecting OUR health. By telling use that we can only vape in designated smoking areas we are being forced to be exposed to second hand smoke. What exactly then was the point of us giving up smoking? It is my hope that Starbucks can lead the way and allow vaping in their establishment.

Noodoggy

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Orlando, FL
Noodoggy, you said,

I can't count myself a customer of Starbucks, since I refuse to patronize a place which prohibits PVs and vapers. I boycott Starbucks so completely that when someone offers to bring me back something from Starbucks, I politely decline. When a corporation is so ignorantly fascistic, or allows ignorant fascists control their corporate policies, it has made a choice. In the face of such a choice, I've made mine. Should Starbucks ever choose to change its policy, then I will choose to change mine.

I know I'm hitting you, indirectly, in your wallet. But that's the way it is in my world. Plenty of your competitors permit vaping in their stores. I choose to patronize them instead.

Sorry to hear you will choose to stay away from our stores, but that definitely is your choice. I cant speak for Starbucks of course, but I do know that one big reason why smoking was banned was because of smell. The aroma of coffee is essential to the business. This could be a reason why e-cigarettes were banned but I dont know. Just something to consider. Maybe you could ask Starbucks to clarify why it chose to ban e-cigs. =)

Nova Sphere

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2011
S29 40' 272" E031 07'030"
Hi Noodoggy,
I too would also prefer to go to a place where I am welcomed, and avoid those where I am banned.

The trick here is to let the owners/franchises know why, so they can study, rethink the situation, and perhaps spread the word, that we are not evil people out to harm others.

That is why, it is important to nip this situation in the bud. There are so many sheep out there that do not think for themselves. They're afraid of new thing, and have no idea what they even believe in.

Last edited:

Noodoggy

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Orlando, FL
Yes Noodoggy, you do have a great point! I am surprised the hardcore Baristas haven't chimed in with that. But we could counter by asking about the perfumes and body sprays that effect the aromas, which are much stronger than any nic juice any of us would ever use.

I personally agree. Having said that, I do have to be diplomatic with what I say. I think fellow vapers (vaporers? lol) should let Starbucks know how they feel and what they think. Coffee houses have a long tradition of being somewhat subversive places, as well as hotbeds of reasoned discussion. I dont doubt that the people on this forum could make a huge difference in the policies of Starbucks, and that if done in a professional and civilized way it would bring HUGE attention to the electronic cigarette community. And I will leave you with one last piece:

Our Starbucks Mission Statement

"to inspire and nurture the human spirit one person, one cup, one neighborhood at a time."

Go get em! ;)

and to bump: View Idea

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
I am dumbfounded. They allow smokers to smoke their poison on their premises which wafts through the door with every entry/exit, and they are opposed to water vapour? They accept their customers walking through clouds of death to gain entry yet the inside must be free of water vapour? I for one am sending a letter direct to SB and I suggest every single one of us do the same. Let a few thousand letters land on their laps and hopefully one will be read. I will be DARING them to ban smoking outside their stores (on premises) if the health of their customers is so much of a concern.

[/rant]

Nova Sphere

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2011
I am dumbfounded. They allow smokers to smoke their poison on their premises which wafts through the door with every entry/exit, and they are opposed to water vapour? They accept their customers walking through clouds of death to gain entry yet the inside must be free of water vapour? I for one am sending a letter direct to SB and I suggest every single one of us do the same. Let a few thousand letters land on their laps and hopefully one will be read. I will be DARING them to ban smoking outside their stores (on premises) if the health of their customers is so much of a concern.

[/rant]

Duncan, do that, if that is what you need to do, but just remember, if we do not separate ourselves from the smokers, and PV's become difficult to use and aquire because of legislation, you may find yourself kicked out of "said" doorway! No more pointing fingers, we are at the place now where we should eduacate, and convert smokers and inform non smokers we mean no harm. (Hope I don't sound like an alien)

Nova Sphere

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2011
Ok, I just tried to post a comment on their facebook with a link to the Idea site and it was removed. If enough people post the same thing around the same time, the moderators will be forced to take it seriously. Should we wait and make a coordinated effort on a day when there are the most people are available to do it?

I Really don't know about what you are doing? But I am there all the way!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread