Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello, Just picked this up at my local store(e-cig city, laguna beach, calif) it was inexpensive, easy to set up, no priming, just fill it and vape. The person told me that you just clean it once in a while and when atty stops working you replace the atty for about a buck? I cant seem to find it online anywhere, not really a problem as it was cheap. I just wondered so that if I wanted to get more or recommend it I know at least what it is. One question also, he told me that the drip tip/cap didnt have to be tightened , actually to leave it loose. Again no problem but the juice has nothing to keep it from spilling it? I guess if I wanted to take it places, I could tighten it and loosen it up when I want to vape. It is a thick glass like acrylic? with measurements up to 2.5 ml. Thank you for any advise, identification.
PS, this is my first atty/tank. I like it. Vapor is warmer, and tastes different than a carto/tank.

photo (2).jpg

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Last edited:

epetrillo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
Riverside, CA
I got one of these over the weekend from the same store. Worked great for about a day then it started to flood and leak out the bottom. I cleaned it up and put a new atomizer head on it and it seemed to work OK for half a day but started the same thing. I tried one more time today and it started flooding and leaking almost immediately. The whole thing went in the trash after that. I am pretty sure the kid that sold it to me called it a CE4.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
That is it, its a Kanger clearomizer. So far Ive been using it for a few hours now, so far so good. It does give off a different taste, warmer and no gurgling, hissing, so quiet. Im not getting any sign of leaking, but the nice guy behind the counter at e-cig city told me to make sure the drip tip is not on tight, just turn it till it stops moving. Only thing I can see as a problem, might be the drip tip being left loose as there is nothing to keep the juice from spilling out. I guess if I have to go somewhere with it can can tighten it up and put something in the drip tip to prevent leaks, or just keep it at home to try out new juice. I really like it so far, Im not going to immediately get rid of all my cartos and pyrex tanks. Its nice to have an alternative. I now have had the atomizer experience and if some of those beautiful rebuildables give an even better experience, than I might have to give them a try when I get a more advanced PV.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
So far after a few hours, I noticing something. It seems like the vapor is very thick and much warmer. Every few vapes or so I get an almost ever so slightly burn flavor. It also makes me cough sometimes. Am I taking to deep of an inhale? Is this the throat hit that I have not experienced with a carto and tank? I use 50/50 blend of juice. Im taking this all in as its my first atty. Is all this a normal experience, just wondering. Plus I notice that im not going thru as much juice as in a carto and tank. Oh and im assuming that I cant let the atty/tank lay on its side or obviously let it go upside down. It seem as though since there is nothing to keep the juice from spilling thru drip tip/mouth piece. Is this how all atomizer tanks/clearomizers are?

Last edited:
As long as the tip is screwed on enough (doesn't have to be wicked tight), you can put it upways or downways or slantways or sideways! *grin* When you take the drip tip off (why do they still call them "drip tips" anyway - you don't drip into a clearo that I've seen?!), there's a silicone cap thingy. The drip tip touches the silicone thing & stops the leak.

On my CE4+s, I unscrew the drip tip now & then & this lets a decent sized drop of juice go back into the tank. This isn't from leaking, but rather condensation. NBD, but freaked me out once when I was using my PV to scratch my leg (don't ask) & it was a little wet. But since then, I just unscrew it to let it drop back into the tank - waste not, want not! ;)

ETA: I forgot, I get the burny too, and I find the CE4s run a bit too hot for my liking. I think it has to do with the atty coil being right next to the mouthpiece, so basically it shoots right into your mouth. I picked up some CE3s with bottom coils and I like the vape MUCH better - I can even dial up a little with my Twist if I want now! ;) However, the CE3s aren't anywhere near as pretty as the CE4s. *sigh*

I still like my CE4s, but I can't vape them too much at once, because that heat really bugs me. With my new CE3 clearos, I fear I'm back to being a juice hog again! *blush* Hey, there are worse things in life, right? ;)

Last edited:

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
I ordered some of these today, as well as the new T0 version, which is bottom coil. I'll report back later this week. I'm hoping (knock on wood) that the T0 bottom coil version is the easy to fill clearo with the full flavor of a CE3 bottom coil that I've been trying to find for a while now.

Last edited:
One thing I always look at is: "How easy is it to disassemble to clean the coil?"
Sooner or later, depending on juice, the coil is going to get a 'ball' of crud caked around it. Dry burning doesn't remove this ball.
I like to dry burn the coils to get this ball brittle and then using a metal dental pick, I bust it apart and remove the chunks.
I can get longer life from the device and better performance also.
Betterlifetech's CE3's are my goto device for this reason.
I don't have leaking issues, actually I have to mod them to get better flow, such as trimming the wicks or even raising the center post for thicker juices.
I've been using them since 4/1 and the flavor of my juices are on par compared to using my attys.

To each their own and if you find a device that works for you, congrats :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The coil on the kanger t4 just screws of easily and screws back on easily. The whole thing comes apart in seconds and back together again. THe guy at the shop took it apart and put it back to show me and I did it also with no probs. The only con I can find so far and Im guessing the same with all this type of atty tank, is that since the top of tank does not have anything to keep juice in there you can not lay it on its side or juice will spill out. Other than that, tons of vape , tons of warm flavor and it handle the heavy VG juice great, so far its been going hard since monday afternoon. From what I was told no need to dry burn etc. It came dry and I just filled it with bottle, no syringe needed. So if I clean it I suppose I would just treat it as when I got it.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Definitely a Kanger T2 CC ('CC' stands for coil changeable). Started using them about a month ago, when I found them in ivape with the name Ego Sunfire. Ordered a couple with a pack of coils. Got 'em and tried them for a few days, and turned around and ordered 20 of them, along with several packs of coils. These devices are probably the best all-around clearomizer type device I have ever used, once you learn a couple of their little quirks.

Replacement coils are pretty cheap. Think of them like your cartomizers if you want; tossing one of them seems like a natural practice when they don't work right anymore, and they're no cheaper than a coil. Don't get attached to your coil, they come in packs of 5 and are called disposable. Changing them is just unscrewing the mouthpiece (can also be done on the fly if the juice level in the tank is below the threads!), unscrewing the coil assembly, screwing a new one in, screwing the mouthpiece back on, and vape. Simple. But, be sure to firmly screw the coil in place not only to keep it secure and making good connection, but you don't want a leak to occur down inside your tank where you can't locate it.

Temperature change. Since it is a tank with a little space inside for air and liquid, it can be affected by temperature swings. I have noticed that if I get out of the air conditioned environment of a house or car, and take my T2 out into the hundred degree heat of outside, pressure will build inside the tank and begin to force liquid down the center tube. Not a lot, but enough that it should be blown through before use. If the tank is attached to the battery, you will probably need to remove the tank, blow through it to clear the excess liquid, and wipe out the battery connector. Sometimes I will simply carry my device upright in my shirt pocket with the mouthpiece ever so slightly loosened to allow the pressures to keep equal without leaking. After several minutes outside, I screw the mouthpiece back down and I'm good to go.

The mouthpiece is the weak spot. Supposedly they have new improved mouthpieces new, so get those. The mouthpieces may get a hairline crack or begin leaking through the glue joint where the metal is glued to the plastic. If this happens, you will get juice leaking at that area. Sometimes those cracks are so small you won't see them until the juice begins seeping through.

Like all these plastic and metal tanks that have to be glued together, leaks can develop. Once you figure out the little things about this device, at about 7 to 8 watts it simply rocks my world!

The only issue I have with top coils is that the last few vapes of a fill up doesn't taste like the beginning vapes.
They seem to wick certain parts of the juice faster leaving the heavier particulates for the end.
So my question is, how do these perform in those regards?

I once noticed that the wife was dumping a lot of juice out of her CE4+ (stardust types), she said that after so many top offs that the juice was nasty.
This prompted me to do a test. I filled one; vaped over half; refilled and repeated this procedure 3 times.
I then poured the juice out and dripped it in my atty. It was the most gawd awful juice I ever vaped.
That was the beginning of the end in this household for top coils as even my CE2's did this also to a certain degree.

We now use BetterLife CE3's as the vape is consistent from beginning to end and they have the ability to be vaped dry, which is what we look for now in devices.

So do these devices have the ability to be vaped empty with consistent flavor from beginning to end?

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Some have said on this forum that wick differences, etc, seem to filter things out of the juice, and so on, and lots of reasons. I have tried carto tanks, clearomizers, Stardusts, Kanger T2, and so on. I believe it is simply the by-products of vaporizing some of the elements in the juice and not others. I notice that to cause juice darkening easily, turn up the heat. Using a VV device, it is no problem to darken the juice by the time I get to the end of a tank. I can pour the remainder out, and even the wick retains enough to begin darkening the new juice! If you watch, the darkening effect begins at the wick.

In an atomizer you can't see the results. Every once in a while, you don't like the taste of your atomizer, so you clean it. Much has been said on these forums about cleaning attys, and it's simply to get rid of the gunk, junk and sludge just as you describe above.

In a cartomizer, it's still not as visible. I have used carto tanks and the same thing happens as in all tank situations. After a while, the sludge becomes evident, juice darkens, carto gets a hard draw.....The carto gets thrown away.

Along come the clearomizer devices, and all of a sudden all is visible. Only difference between these and the other devices is now you can see what is happening. Atomizers are simply a coil of wire around a silica wick in a ceramic cup with a bunch of steel wrapped around everything. Clearomizers are the same thing, minus the steel wrapped around it all. The only difference is with some clearomizers the coil is higher and more near the lips, and the delivery of the juice varies a little more.

In short, anytime you have a tank situation to contain this gunk, juice will darken and change flavor. In a clearomizer type device you can simply see it better. And with the new 1.5-3 ml juice holding sizes, it becomes very apparent to people. My solution to the problem is to simply clean when it becomes necessary. By the time I have run 10 ml of juice through an atomizer, I need to clean it. Through a cartomizer, I need to throw it away. Through a clearomizer, follow the recommendations; some to be thrown away, some to be cleaned, some to screw in a new coil.

My juice remains the same color and clarity throughout the vape in my CE3 and all I have ever used is a VVPV.
I have bought crappy juice from some vendors that will start to streak instantly, but that is based on the inferior quality of the ingredients/liquids that they used. I no longer buy juice from these vendors.

I never have any issues with good juice darkening on the CE3 and I've used them since 4/1. The same can not be said for CE4's and CE2's, at least for the many months that I've used them.

Top coil wicks rely on capillary action and will have gravity going against them as well.

I really liked my CE2 4-6/ultimates, but they didn't deliver in terms of flavor that the CE3's do for me.
I do slightly modify the CE3 to perform to my liking, such as trim the wicks and raise the center post as needed.

The test I did told me what I needed to know and I was wondering if anyone has tried this on said device.

Thanks for the info scalewiz.

I only have to clean my clearo's about once/wk and when I buy 4 or more packs they come out to $1.80 each.
At that price I dedicate one to each flavor and my average vape pace is around 7ml/day. On my lazy days of course you can double that.
I normally get 7-10 days per clearo, but for some reason, as of lately they have been lasting closer to 12-14 days.
Maybe I don't dry burn as hard as I use to...dunno.

What is the life span of the newer devices?

Could someone point me to a post/video that easily spells out how to clean the CE3s? I read they can be taken apart, but that makes me nervous. However, I do have one that leaks...I suspect that something's not seated in it right anyway, so I'm willing to potentially sacrifice it to learn the cleaning process. I've been using them a week (swapping the various ones out as I change juices - I have one per juice atm), and I'm wanting to clean them out now...

Thanks!

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
Could someone point me to a post/video that easily spells out how to clean the CE3s? I read they can be taken apart, but that makes me nervous. However, I do have one that leaks...I suspect that something's not seated in it right anyway, so I'm willing to potentially sacrifice it to learn the cleaning process. I've been using them a week (swapping the various ones out as I change juices - I have one per juice atm), and I'm wanting to clean them out now...

Thanks!

Hello my fellow New Englander. Here's a good one. Phoenix xl & phoenix 3ml IN STOCK NOW, Showcase & Cleaning - YouTube

He gets into the cleaning after the 10 minute mark.

Do not do it Bad's way!
Prying the top seal out using the fill hole will damage/enlarge the hole and it 'will' cause leaking problems.

Place the CE3 securely on a batt.; rock the outer tube back & forth while pulling, it will remove easily enough.
The center metal tube fits snugly in the atty base or it may come off with the tube, no biggy as it just sits in the atty base.
At this point I rinse all parts with hot water and if I'm going to change flavors, I will rinse with PGA then hot water rinse again.
I then place on a towel to dry or blow them out. Now I do a dry burn on the atty. Dry burning is easy, but be patient and do it until you don't see any more vapor. I don't let the coil glow for more than 3 seconds and repeat in 3 sec. pulses.
You can damage the coil with excessive heat, but don't worry to much. It gets easier the more you do it.

Once dry burned, I inspect the coil, I look for a ball of crud and remove it gently by using a dental pick. Basically I bust the dry hard ball up in pieces and blow out any chunks.

Reassemble by ensuring that the wicks are sticking out the slots, I use my thumb and forefinger to hold them down while I insert the center tube into the atty base. Now I install the tube all the way down and adjust the top seal so it's centered and seated.

I clean mine prior to use as they ship with shipping/antibacterial fluids. I also like to trim my wicks slightly at a angle using cuticle sissors. I then fill/test and if need be, rock the tube slightly to get the center post to raise which will allow for even more juice flow. It's just how I like them and something to think about if you are getting any dry hits.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Use the supplied syringe tip or one of the same diameter to fill with. Enlarging the fill hole will cause leaking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread